Vainglory Forums

Why you should never rage quit or give up

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » July 28, 2017 4:55am | Report

I'll try to explain whats going on in this.
Basically in the draft I picked jungle grumpjaw (CP) and kestrel (WP) picked lane. The skaarf got butt hurt about not getting lane or something and so he picked skaarf. Once we were in the match he basically fed in lane then wouldnt stop going through my jungle and taking my farm. He proceeded to just sit in the jungle and farm (in a trolling manner) for the rest of the game.
I recognized that our only hope for us winning was if I switched to roam. At that point I already had SC and Aftershock so buying the necessary roam items was not easy. Kestrel and I managed to take out 4 of their turrets, keeping 4 of ours, by the end of the game. The enemy team surrendered after I stole a game deciding kraken from them.
What I'm trying to say here is that giving up is not always the best option. Kestrel tried to surrender at least twice in this game but I said no because I decided we would do our best to make a come back. Sure I only have 4 kills and 1 assist but that is because I spent most of my time body blocking for kestrel while she damaged them from behind me.
I feel like a lot of people want to give up simply because an ally trolls, someone goes afk, your team is down by 4 turrets while the enemy team still has 4 of theirs. What you need to remember is that comebacks are possible. Depending on how well you play and strategize, you can easily 2v3 with a good team mate.
Sure comebacks arent always possible, especially if you are way behind. But I think you should always give the match a chance even if it seems like odds are hopelessly in the enemy teams favor. ^_^

(sorry if this explanation is hard to understand. I worded it out oddly lol)
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » August 2, 2017 3:06am | Report
I can only say, so true, so true.
Great Post! :)

Hopefully everyone will stop saying that they want to just quit.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » August 9, 2017 1:30am | Report
prodigy755 wrote:

I'll try to explain whats going on in this.
Basically in the draft I picked jungle grumpjaw (CP) and kestrel (WP) picked lane. The skaarf got butt hurt about not getting lane or something and so he picked skaarf. Once we were in the match he basically fed in lane then wouldnt stop going through my jungle and taking my farm. He proceeded to just sit in the jungle and farm (in a trolling manner) for the rest of the game.
I recognized that our only hope for us winning was if I switched to roam. At that point I already had SC and Aftershock so buying the necessary roam items was not easy. Kestrel and I managed to take out 4 of their turrets, keeping 4 of ours, by the end of the game. The enemy team surrendered after I stole a game deciding kraken from them.
What I'm trying to say here is that giving up is not always the best option. Kestrel tried to surrender at least twice in this game but I said no because I decided we would do our best to make a come back. Sure I only have 4 kills and 1 assist but that is because I spent most of my time body blocking for kestrel while she damaged them from behind me.
I feel like a lot of people want to give up simply because an ally trolls, someone goes afk, your team is down by 4 turrets while the enemy team still has 4 of theirs. What you need to remember is that comebacks are possible. Depending on how well you play and strategize, you can easily 2v3 with a good team mate.
Sure comebacks arent always possible, especially if you are way behind. But I think you should always give the match a chance even if it seems like odds are hopelessly in the enemy teams favor. ^_^

(sorry if this explanation is hard to understand. I worded it out oddly lol)

I do not agree with you...i believe you should have trolled the match! I can help you this for example i discovered that in left base with care and precision you can write D I C K using land mines! Thats an interesting activity when you dont like the game you are in
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved