Vainglory Forums

You may not realize it, but 1.7 was a huge buff to saw

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 4, 2015 7:43pm | Report
"spin-upSpin Up stacks no longer lost upon being stunned.
Fixed a bug where SAW was not able to attack at full potential speed at 12 stacks.
Attack speed per stack of Spin Up down from 30% to 25%." - patch notes

When I first looked at this, I had thought that this was a quick little rebalance for saw. But, as I have just played a game of him, I missed something very important - the auto attack changes.

"Major improvements to basic attacks, making them more reliable during lag
Eradicated issues where Catherine’s stun, SAW’s shank and Glaive’s knock-back would sometimes not trigger (along with other similar issues).
Heroes will no longer attempt — then fail — to attack during chases (a.k.a. melee stutter).
Heroes will continue to basic attack even when lagging.
Heroes with very high attack speed will attack at full speed despite lag.

Stutter stepping/animation canceling still provides the same skill-based advantages." - patch notes

Holy **** that is a huge buff for saw. He attacks nearly twice as fast than he used to! Now that lag is no longer a major factor in determining who wins I believe the landscape of the game will change drastically. The people who were stuck at the bottom because they were literally being nerfed by bad connection can now reach the top. Not only that, but I think saw's passive is now by far the best in the game He attacks extremely quickly and attack damage saw is now viable. Think about it, you can clear twice if not three times as fast! Attack damage saw is viable!

In summery, the new patch notes that made lag a non factor has made saw a much better hero and made his attack damage build viable.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » August 5, 2015 1:24am | Report
And that's a good thing, as saw has struggled both in meta and in casual games.
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 5, 2015 7:45am | Report
I was wrong he still gets Rekt lol. Too immobile to deal any damage.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved