Vainglory Forums

A question from noob

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Uberfukken » November 5, 2017 1:03pm | Report
So I've been playing Vainglory for 1-2 months
And I've been hearing my guildmate say AoE,CS,KDA etc
What does that mean??
Is it a moba term for something??

(FYI I've never played any MOBA beside VG)
IGN:FatalPulse
Server:SEA
Mains:
Vox (C) BF,Reim (J) Ardan, Fortress (S)

Uberfukken
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mimi » November 5, 2017 5:22pm | Report
Allow me to break it down for you. :p

AoE stands for Area of Effect, and are abilities that effect an certain area. An example would be Skaarfs goop ability. It deals a slow not to a enemy, but a certain radius or area. If an enemy happens to be standing over it then so they are affected by the AoE.

I’m not entirely sure what CS is but this is what I found online
"CS"is shorthand for "Creep Score", and is the number of creeps (neutral jungle creeps or the enemy's creeps) that you have scored the last hit on and obtained gold from. If you are laning, the number one way to improve your CS is to simply work on it on your own in custom games. Focus solely on letting minions wail away on each other until they are one auto-attack away from death, then attack. If you're just starting out, you want to aim for 6-8 CS per minute; better players want to aim for about 10 per minute.”

KDA Is Kills/Deaths/assist which is more or less your score and progression throughout a match. If your KDA is 12/4/9 then you have 12 kills, 4 deaths, and 9 assist. In that specific order.

AoE is more of a widespread gamer term used in just about every video game genre. CS and KDA are MOBA-ish terms. :)
:D

Mimi
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » November 6, 2017 11:14am | Report
CS can also stand for critical strike. Also, KDA is a very specific formula which is Kills+Assists/Deaths. This is useful for determining generally how well you did in matches, although of course it isn't always 100% accurate, even if you add more variables. For example: getting a KDA of 1 could mean that you had 1 kill, 11 deaths, and 10 assists. This is pretty bad, but it doesn't determine how good of a teammate you are, just shows how frequently you died in comparison to your kills.

Hope this helped you.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved