Vainglory Forums

Team fight strategy as a melee jungler with a ranged carry?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by hhyycc » January 16, 2018 6:55pm | Report
I'm pretty new to VG. I play jungle main. I've run into this scenario many times so far. Both teams have a squishy carry that is not very mobile (e.g. ringo, vox, kestrel, baron, celeste), and a melee jungler with gap closing abilities (e.g. krul, alpha, rona, taka, koshka, fortress). Now enemy team starts the team fight with jun and cap diving our carry. As the jungler is it better for me to dive their carry, or protect our carry and try to kill their jungler?

I'm still at skill level 6. So with the blind hero pick, this kind of comp is very common. And this kind of team fights usually break out mid/late game where two teams are pretty even.

I recently played carry role a bit to think from a different perspective. Feels like I don't really want my teammates to dive and initiate this kind of team fights first. Because when my team uses the gap close abilities, I, as a carry, gets disconnected in the back line for a few seconds and cannot output any dmg unless I use boots or my precious gap close which could save my life later in the team fight. And when we get engaged, if our jungler go for their carry, it usually ends up with a 1 for 1 trade, both teams' carry gets killed. If our jungler comes back, and we focus on their jungler, the result usually ends up better.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the team fight strategy.

hhyycc
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » January 19, 2018 1:25pm | Report
I think this could work (with a fast, burst heavy team comp), but it could also be very reckless. The jungler can die surprisingly fast by engaging 2v3 (I have learned this the hard way), and leaving an immobile carry alone with an assassin is a big mistake on the support's part.

When playing against this type of strategy, I believe just sticking together and trying to CC the carry's attacker is the best option. This way, since the team is well connected, you can most likely save the carry, and force the enemy into a favourable position.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved