Vainglory Forums

Coming Soon: ‘Baewitched’ Celeste & ‘Pumpkin Spice’ Petal (Special Editions)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » September 29, 2016 10:44am | Report
Vainglory has been cast into darkness by Petal’s eternal enemy, the Bleekos! Introducing the new Special Edition versions of ‘Pumpkin Spice’ Petal and ‘Baewitched’ Celeste — spooky new designs based on the original Limited Edition favorites.

‘Pumpkin Spice’ Petal (Special Editions)

Model Changes:
  • Special edition change: White pumpkin head with stitched mouth
  • Special edition change: Stripes and curlicue tentacles
  • Flesh-eating fruit Murgle with crazy eyes
  • Tombstone seeds
  • Skeleton munions
  • Candlelit spookiness

‘Baewitched’ Celeste (Special Editions)

Model Changes:
  • Special edition change: “Good” witch white dress
  • Broom-ride sprint
  • Cauldrons drop from the sky, bubble and explode into supernovas
  • Magic circle Core Collapse

How To Get These Special Edition Skins

Upon release, these Special Edition Petal and Celeste skins will be available in the Market for Opals only.

Read More: Explaining Opals

Alternate Fates Lore

By SugarVenom

Celeste wandered upon Petal on the Halcyon Fold one night, pulling eyes out of newts and dropping them into a cauldron.

“You look strange,” said Celeste. She was eating a peanut butter and honey sandwich with the crusts cut off. “Did you do something with your hair?”

Petal stirred up the stuff in the cauldron with a long spoon, then added three frog legs. The brew inside glowed green and farted. “I don’t have hair,” said Petal. “I look weird because you usually see me with Murgle.”

“Oh. Where is your fancy bouncy vehicle?”

One of the frog legs leaped out of the cauldron and tried to hop away. Petal grabbed it and tossed it back in. “Closed up, like the rest of the flowers. Haven’t you noticed anything different about the sky?”

Celeste looked up. “All the stars are where I left them.”

“It’s noon. Don’t you don’t find it kind of strange that you can see the stars right now?”

After a thoughtful bite of her sandwich, Celeste said in a sticky way. “I guess I don’t usually eat my lunch at night.”

“It’s been night for three days. We’re calling it The Great Eclipse.” Petal unwrapped an itty bitty pouch and upended it over the yawning mouth of the cauldron. Nothing visible came out, but baby laughs echoed from inside the bubbly goop. “The Bleekos did it.”

Celeste peered over the lip of the cauldron and leaped back with a squeak when something inside erupted. She was okay, but her sandwich got toasted. “Bleekos?”

“The Meekos’ mortal enemies. Their king, Gnottingham Catchfly the Third, stopped the world’s spin. Now half of it is always dark.”

“How did he manage that?”

“Magnets. Magic. Or maybe he dug down to the squirrel in the middle of the world who runs on the wheel and fed him a poisoned biscuit. I don’t know how, just that he did it, and the Bleekos invaded my home with their moonlight power. My garden is full of dung beetles and mosquitos and super-annoying cricket songs. The flowers are all closed, including Murgle. The munions are hiding underground. And I can’t fight, ’cause all my power comes from the sun.”

“I like when the stars are out, though.”

“You also like honey. And peanuts.” Petal pointed at Celeste’s sandwich. “There’s no flowers for the bees to dance in, and they’re all napping in their hives. No flowers, no honey. No sun, no peanut plants. No peanuts, no peanut butter.”

“But I quite like peanut butter.”

“So make yourself useful.” Petal tossed a turkey baster over at Celeste, then poured in one grinning clam, one angel feather, a spider with nine legs, a first kiss and a can of orange juice concentrate. “Put a drop of that on this.” She set a watermelon down on the ground before Celeste, then fit a protective pumpkin over her own head.

“Um… okay?” Celeste poked the baster into the burpy fizzy concoction and delivered one drop onto the innocent little melon.

B O O M!

The melon exploded outward. When the green smoke cleared, the watermelon had spooky sharp teeth, googly eyes and bounced around all on its own.

“Perfect,” mused Petal, and hopped onto her new ride.

“Exploding stuff could be useful,” mused Celeste. “Let’s make some more.”

Thoughts On Petal From SuperEvil Artist Noxii

“The original inspiration for Petal’s Halloween skin was ‘necromancer with a pumpkin head.’ For the special editions, I imagined that she was trying to become a Bleekos.

With Petal, it’s important that everything be super cute, so everything in her design is big and round with no sharp edges, like toys. Even the eye triangles and the gravestones are rounded. The munion skeletons have big, too-heavy heads. I dressed Petal in pumpkin leaves and gave her a big belly from eating too many jelly beans. I wanted her hat to be more than a stem, so I gave her a candle.

“Murgle is an exploded watermelon, but with teeth. I researched succulent plants, bleeding funguses, plants that look like they have eyes, and zombies coming out of the ground.”

Thoughts On Celeste From SuperEvil Art Director Chainsaw

“For Halloween, I thought it would be fun to continue Celeste’s mage theme by making her a witch. She’s our good girl, so I let her have fun with her Halloween costume.

“Baewitched Celeste has unique animations and effects, so she drops cauldrons instead of stars and creates a magic circle for her Core Collapse. When she sprints, she rides a broom.”
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved