Vainglory Forums

Early Access: Unlock Vox with ICE!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » March 31, 2015 2:13pm | Report

Vox Unlock Schedule
  • ICE unlocks start Wednesday, April 1
  • Glory unlocks start Saturday, April 4 at 12:01 a.m. PDT

It's not easy to spend money on Vainglory right now. Half the hero roster is free each week, and our players are so amazingly dedicated that many have more than enough Glory to unlock the next hero without spending a dime. So, when players — many of whom don't have to — go out of their way to make real-money ICE purchases, that's incredible. We really appreciate your support and vote of confidence, and we want to try to do something special in return.

So, starting with Vox's arrival in Update 1.3, we're creating an exclusive "early access" window for unlocking heroes with ICE. Here's how it works ...

We're working on many more ways to support Vainglory beyond ICE purchases for heroes, not the least of which involves the still-secret "skins system." But for now, we want to honor those who contribute through the limited parameters we've set.

We know not everyone is in a position to purchase ICE for every hero. To all of you, we see the amazing ways you contribute to the Vainglory community — from fan art to Twitch broadcasts to guild formation and marathon play sessions to freakin' hero haiku. All your contributions matter and help make the Vainglory community what is is today. Thank you, however you choose to be involved.

So, for all those who can, grab some ICE and get ready to play Vox when Update 1.3 drops this Wednesday! For everyone else, we'll see you in the Fold this weekend with Glory unlocks. Maybe there will be fewer Vox instalocks!

—Super Evil Team

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x717xc719 » March 31, 2015 2:33pm | Report
Anyone feel suspicious because April Fool's Day is tomorrow?
Founder of The 11th Honor™
Skill Teir: Simply Amazing
Wins: 550
Main: Joule
No-Go Heroes: Petal,Krul

PM if interested in joining The 11th Honor.
-x717xc719

x717xc719
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Declan » March 31, 2015 4:07pm | Report
I have an odd feeling... There is no way they can dish out the update that fast, they even said it before themselves.
IGN : Declan
Region : North America
Karma Level : 15
Skill Tier : Pretty Good - The Hotness

Declan
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » March 31, 2015 7:36pm | Report
Man, everyone says that it is an April fool joke. But I highly doubt that it is, because boy, would it be a cruel joke. And they obviously really do want to appreciate who spends money to buy ice.

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Denni » March 31, 2015 11:41pm | Report
Lol, this is so true, I have like 30k Glory atm. But I'm wondering, is Vox the last new hero being released for this year (For a long time) because I've heard many people say it. If it is, I wouldn't mind spending my 1000 ice from a live stream- Sorry money for SEMC still :(

Anyways, im wondering.

Denni
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » April 1, 2015 11:29am | Report
Denni wrote:

Lol, this is so true, I have like 30k Glory atm. But I'm wondering, is Vox the last new hero being released for this year (For a long time) because I've heard many people say it. If it is, I wouldn't mind spending my 1000 ice from a live stream- Sorry money for SEMC still :(

Anyways, im wondering.

yes vox is the last hero being released for the year SEMC is currently working on in game features like hero skins and stuff like that but not a new map
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » April 1, 2015 11:29am | Report
Denni wrote:

Anyways, im wondering.

yes vox is the last hero being released for the year SEMC is currently working on in game features like hero skins and stuff like that but not a new map
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by JustinJr » April 8, 2015 7:35am | Report
Cwallace000 wrote:

Cwallace000, unless you actually work at SEMC I don't think you should be so sure about what you write. Of course we know skins are in the finishing process and spectator mode is being worked on to go global but if you watch their streams, read reddit threads or even Twitter by anyone who works at SEMC they said they are working to keep bringing new heros. New maps no, I myself don't plan on those coming anytime in the near future but who knows.
My advice don't post things unless you have hard evidence, feel free to speculate by say you are ;)
IGN: JustinJr
Server: EU
Tier: PoA

JustinJr
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved