Vainglory Forums

‘Sylvan’ Kestrel Tier I Arrives Soon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » June 30, 2016 8:20am | Report

Fan-inspired ‘Sylvan’ Kestrel explores an elvish history for Vainglory’s archer. Kestrel’s first skin arrives in-game Friday, July 1.

Watch Her In-Game Footage:

Skin Highlights:

• Golden royal regalia
  • Jaunty hunting hat
  • Emerald wings
  • Scarlet bull horn bow

‘Sylvan’ Kestrel Tier I Alterative Fates Lore

The King Stag entered the sacred meadow on Midsummer Noon. He stepped past the dancing and feasting; he broke through the line of forest creatures receiving their annual blessings from the elvish royal family. He bowed his heavy antlers to the king and queen but knelt at the feet of a princess. In silence she stood, straight and proud as living sculpture, too beautiful to be real, decked in ancient gold finery. She held in her left hand the bow named Sparrow, made from the horns of the scarlet bull. Her jeweled wings twitched in the hot breeze. In the face of her otherworldly beauty it was difficult to believe what was whispered: that humankind were elves who had left the woods and forgotten their link to root and sky, who had ceased to drink from the Island Well and who had learned selfishness and war and shame.

“Princess Kestrel,” said the stag, “greatest of all archers. The hope of the forest lies with you.”

“If it is blessings you seek, go to my parents,” replied the princess.

“It is war I seek,” replied the Stag.

A wry grin tickled at Kestrel’s mouth. “I hoped Midsummer would bring me a challenge. What is your grievance?”

“Mankind has discovered the Island Well.” A gasp sounded from the crowd of animals. Even the king and queen of the elves raised their brows. “They plunged dirty hands and sick children into the water. They drank without speaking the blessed words. They pulled up buckets full and removed it from the island. Now, thick black tar bubbles up from the well. The bones of the island’s creatures dry and bleach in the sun.”

“The water of life runs dark and sour again,” murmured the queen.

“It is the cycle of the Tangled Wood,” said the king, his shoulders nudging up. “It is time to retreat into the mist.”

“It is time to fight.” Kestrel slung her bow over one shoulder and climbed onto the back of the stag. “Take me to the island. Those of you who will defend the Tangled Wood may follow.”

Interview with Player MOZ

This Kestrel skin was originally inspired by a beautiful piece of art created by Vainglory Community member MOZ. Super Evil Art Director ChainSAW loved it so much that we paid for the rights to the art as the foundation for what has become Sylvan Kestrel Tier I. The final version evolved from the original “White Elf Kestrel” skin concept from MOZ, but he and his work will always be the inspiration for this glorious skin.

“The first time I saw Kestrel, I imagined her as a beautiful elf. My ‘White Elf’ Kestrel reflects elven archers from many other video games.

“Her concept colors are ‘pure white’ for elven nobility and ‘elegant gold’ for clothing emphasis. There is some green to show that she is a forest guardian. Her skirt is split to show her graceful legs.

“I like bows; archery is popular in Korea. Kestrel’s enchanted bow has an aim-assister in the middle and is decorated with wings. There are no strings or arrows. When Kestrel grasps the bow, she imbues it with her magical power and the string and arrows appear. Her bow lights up when she uses her abilities.

“I first designed her a tiara, but then I was afraid that she would not be recognizable as Kestrel, so I gave her a beret to show players what she originally was: a military officer.”

MOZ is a mobile device accessory designer. He designed many Korean Vainglory guild logos.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved