Vainglory Forums

Vainglory Update 2.0 Preview: Introducing The Mystery Chest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » November 28, 2016 6:50am | Report

Everything you want. Anything can happen …

Vainglory Update 2.0 is an opportunity to improve on existing game experiences and introduce new excitement into the mix. With the new Mystery Chest, we’re able to do both at once.

The Mystery Chest contains every hero and every skin in the Market — including all the Special Edition skins that usually require massive amounts of Opals. In addition, there’s an extremely rare chance of hitting a 1 MILLION Opals jackpot, which is enough to set you up for life.

With the turn of a key, you could get just about anything.

Making Every Key ‘Worth It’

The idea for the Mystery Chest didn’t come out of nowhere. It came in direct response to player feedback on keys, Opals and the Season Chest. The most important piece of player criticism was that acquiring keys didn’t feel “worth it” because of the perceived limited value of the Season Chest. That was never our intent and a clear opportunity for radical improvement.

The new Mystery Chest is the direct evolution of the Season Chest and can be found in the same place in your profile. But instead of just one or two items of interest, all the heroes and skins are in there. We want every use of a key to be a moment of intense anticipation … with payoffs that feel incredible.

Your Chances Of Hitting It Big

Here are some details on each time you use a key on the Mystery Chest:
  • Better than 1-in-3 chance of getting a hero or skin!
  • Extremely rare chance of hitting the 1 MILLION Opals jackpot
  • Other Mystery Chest loot includes: Opals, Glory, Essence, boosts and Mystery Keys – These loot payouts are consistently greater than in the old Season Chest.
  • If you don’t get a hero or skin, you’ll at the very least get 800 Glory or a boost or another Mystery Key
  • If you would receive a duplicate hero or skin, you’ll instead get at least 20 Opals.

Note: It’s our intent to always have all available heroes and skins in Mystery Chest. That said, we must reserve the right to adjust the system over time if something goes horribly wrong. The Mystery Chest will never contain the seven original limited-edition skins that are retired from the Market.

New Season, New Beginning

Whatever you thought about keys and the Season Chest before, wipe it from your mind. We want the Mystery Chest to be the best way to acquire content within Vainglory — and we think you’ll find its contents incredibly worthwhile.

Get your keys now. The new chest in Vainglory Update 2.0 has everything you want. What you’ll get is a mystery.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » November 28, 2016 1:15pm | Report
Aw man, I already used my keys :(
Can we still get them during the update? (I'm new, don't judge)
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bleablah8 » November 29, 2016 3:18am | Report
Are the new keys (Mystery Chest's Keys) hard to get? Is it possible to get it from the Daily Chest?

Bleablah8
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bleablah8 » November 29, 2016 3:20am | Report
And are there EVERY hero and skin in there? So can I get (Example) Joule Tier 3?

Bleablah8
Quote | PM | +Rep by NeowMeng » November 29, 2016 3:41am | Report
I use all my keys before, and I use my ICE to buy a keys but I can't get SE Skins. now the update is more CHANCE to get a SE Skins or regular Tier 3 Skins and my Level of my Sunlight is now max so I can't get keys anymore, I love Playing Vainglory but on my experience it is a nightmare for me because I did't get my favorite hero skin :(

NeowMeng
Quote | PM | +Rep by kayossluve » December 4, 2016 12:35pm | Report
Would it be a good idea to buy season keys now to use for the mystery chest?

kayossluve
Quote | PM | +Rep by JJulixpingui » December 4, 2016 9:59pm | Report
The keys that you have now can be used with the mystery chest, so keep them.
My mains: Skaarf, Adagio and Krul. I only have 9 heroes :P . I've been playing Vainglory since Rona was new.

JJulixpingui
Quote | PM | +Rep by JJulixpingui » December 4, 2016 10:00pm | Report
If I get a skin from a hero that I don't own, will I unlock the hero?? Thanks.
My mains: Skaarf, Adagio and Krul. I only have 9 heroes :P . I've been playing Vainglory since Rona was new.

JJulixpingui
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » December 4, 2016 11:49pm | Report
I have no official answers but I think I know some of the answers to questions being asked. (probably somewhat out of order)

As for the keys. It appeared in the video as if you can still buy keys, at the very least you can still open the chest for 199 ICE, so I wouldn't rush to stock up on keys now rather than later as I don't think there will be a change.

As to the to comment about Sunlight being maxed. 2.0 will begin the winter season so your sunlight will reset and you'll be able to get keys from your sunlight again.

Yes, every hero and every skin will be in the chest, so yes you could potentially unlock a T3 joule skin without unlocking the others. Also note that rumor has it that they will no longer be T1, T2, T3 skins, they will be R (rare), E (epic), and L (legendary). I'm unclear as to whether or not there will still be a progression as in you have to unlock Rare before you unlock Epic.

Assuming it continues to work the way it does now, no, if you unlock a skin to a hero you don't have you don't unlock the hero, however the skin will be unlocked for whenever you do unlock the hero.

Also if you "would have" unlocked a skin or a hero you already own you will instead get a card for a random amount of opals not to be less than 20 opals.

Hope those answers help.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved