Vainglory Forums

NA Guild RECRUITING now T6+ Molten Tide & Molten Wave

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by PeleLua » April 27, 2016 12:12am | Report
Molten Tide / Molten Wave
Learn. Adapt. Conquer.

Molten Tide accepts applications for new players on a continual basis with the understanding that when we have a full guild we look to the waiting list of applicants first. Therefore if you are not patient enough to fill out an application and then wait to get into a good solid guild as ours is, we probably aren’t for you. Spots are limited and only those truly willing to be part of a wonderful community should apply.

On the other hand, Molten Wave is our brand new family guild! We are looking to recruit all levels of players NOW. This is NOT a guild that will be "feeding". This guild has its' own identity and is simply a member or the Molten Family! To grow as strong and capable as Molten Tide has already become. It is connected to the same Band and Discord groups and has access to all information and knowledge that MT already possesses, along with the entire MT guild for ranking purposes. We already have over 30 players in the guild in one week!

We are a guild family that has established a culture of non-toxic behavior, respect, and camaraderie. We have an active BAND group to keep our members informed and a permanent Discord server for member use. We have a full MT guild of all levels of players, from SA to unranked. Plenty to play with, whether you want to be casual or grind rank or look to start a team. We reached level 77 autumn season (started late), and 53 this season (rip the devs increasing fame needed per level by 3x!!). And our majority skill tier was PG silver winter season.

When Molten Tide was first started it was with the intent that it would be a community, one in which friends could come together to play in a non-toxic environment. Where they could learn together, share information and become the best players at this game they could be, with the help of their fellow guildies. We strive to be something our members are proud of. We want people that will represent our tag with pride. We want people who recognize our tag to know that the players within our guild have integrity and a love of the game and act with respect towards all. We strive to make our members feel that Molten Tide is a place where they can be supported in being the best player they can possibly be.

Since the start of those first few weeks, it became very obvious that other players were also looking for a non-toxic guild to be part of, where they too could learn this game with the help and support of their “community”. We started off as a “learning guild”. And, we still are.

Being part of a “learning guild” does not mean that we aren’t interested in winning or having tournament teams. It means that we have all levels of players here. Ones that have been playing for awhile and have much knowledge to pass down, and ones that are brand new to the game.

Applications are necessary to become part of this guild family. When I look at applications, I don’t just look at highest skill tier. That is only one item. Anyone invited, is done so with the hope that that person will “fit” into this wonderful community that we are constantly working on. To become an integral part of the whole, and make it an even better place that people want to be part of.

That means first and foremost, respect is not only required, it is tantamount to the ongoing healthy community here at Molten Tide and Molten Wave. Civility for not only our own guild members but those of other guilds and teams is demanded. Rude behavior is not tolerated. We want people to want to be here, and that doesn’t happen without making sure everyone is accepted, regardless of their differences, tiers, age, etc.

With that said, I have set a list of rules and expectations for Molten Tide and Molten Wave, that I expect all members to follow.

Rules include:
1. No rage pinging within games, or rage quitting games. i.e. more than one ping to indicate an event that happened is considered rage pinging. Instead … note the issue, then politely discuss what could have been done better after the game, but do so in a manner that does not put the other person down. If you are becoming overly frustrated, politely excuse yourself and state that you just need a few minutes to chill.
2. When you have differences of opinion with others (and we all will at some point), handle it in a mature fashion. Respectful replies are demanded, and open chat should never be used to settle those differences or disputes.
3. Be a good sport. Games will be lost. Take a deep breath and start over. Have patience. And never “add” a friend to your list after a game just to berate them. That’s not the image we want our guild to represent.
4. Teach … don’t grill or rage … give gentle, constructive criticism. And remember that a good coach also gives encouragement and points on what went well, along with what didn’t. Never start a conversation with what a person did wrong.
5. Be willing to improve. This means taking constructive criticism. Talking in chat and asking for advice, etc. And when someone gives up their time to help, then be appreciative.
6. Language. This is a big one for me. Call me old fashioned, but I believe that those that speak well, show more maturity than those that do not. What do I mean by language?
No sexist slurs
No racial slurs
No derogatory comments about any people we consider different than ourselves: i.e. homosexuals or any other kinds of prejudices
No stereotypical propaganda (religious, political, or otherwise)
No hateful comments about guild members or any outside this guild
7. Being an egotistical ******* … yeah, don’t do that. As I’ve said before, I rather have a friendly, outgoing, guild of newbies, than a bunch of vainglorious *******s here. So just don’t think to highly of yourself. It’s in bad taste … and most likely incorrect. Even the best pro athletes had coaches. Michael Jordan’s coach couldn’t sink a basketball as well as Mikey, but his knowledge of the game from all angles was phenomenal. Just because you may be at tier 9 doesn’t mean someone at tier 6 doesn’t have something valuable to contribute. Don’t be an ***. Nobody is perfect.

Someone recently asked me how it was possible that I still have an active guild full of members, or am even able to open a second guild. My reply was simple. We are a family.

This guild family is successful because we remember that. The stronger the friendships here, the stronger the guild grows. That means negativity is not permitted. It also means that mature communication and playing together are a necessity.

Which brings me to guild activity. What does it mean to be “active” in this guild?

1. That star … we want it “On Fire” … every day all day. The only way that can happen is if people are playing with guildies every day, and making sure to never go two days without having played a guild match. A guild match means a game with at least one other guild member. If you are going over two days without a guild match, you are considered inactive. If at that time you have not messaged myself or another officer on Band as to your inactivity, you will be considered for replacement within the guild. I, and others, are aware that this is a “game” and that school, and other real life circumstances do exist. But, if you have not communicated to us any issues then we cannot be proactive
2. BAND: everyone must agree to use Band as a communication tool, to check notices on a daily basis, and keep up on postings. But it is more than that. It is a way to build community spirit and involvement. The more community spirit, the more involved the players, the more achievements we all see. Remember, family.
3. Logging in. When you log in, your first and foremost responsibility is to getting a guild game in. If you are seen logging in and instantly solo queing, or playing with others outside this guild, you will not be considered a team player. Remember, this guild only functions as well as it does because we are a community that wants to achieve together. I have been asked in the past and will respond again, that I am not against teams that have members outside of this guild. I understand that team play is also important. But by signing up to be a part of this guild, that means that you accept responsibility to this guild as well. Solo que is also fine, but again, you have commitments to this guild as well. If you only have time for one game, make it a guild match.
4. Fame Requirements: yes, we have those. Why? Simply because it is not fair to those that are doing the majority of the work to level the guild, and receive a possible payout, if you yourself are not at least contributing to the effort. This also goes back to keeping the star on fire as well. We are not requiring an amount of fame that cannot be achieved. We simply ask that all guildmates take part in the performance of this guild.

There are many guilds with much stricter guidelines, there are also many guilds with no guidelines at all. If any of these rules or guidelines do not resonate with you, then this guild is not for you. We want only members here that are willing to help better this community through common play and friendly communication. I have a “waiting list” of people asking me to become part of this guild. If you get chosen, you are one of the lucky ones. Let's all prove that we can make the right decision to be guildies together.

And remember, that when you become a part of our guild and are out playing, you are representing our guild, our tag, our fellow guildmates, and me. These rules and guidelines will be defended without hesitation. The rules and guidelines are lengthy yes, but very important to maintaining a healthy community.

If you are interested in learning more about our guild, please feel free to look me up under the IGN: PeleLua. And email your interest to [email protected], so we can send an application link. You can also find us for conversation on BAND under the name Molten Tide, and ask for an invite. Cheers, and good luck in the Fold!

Cheers and good luck in the Fold !

PeleLua
Founder and captain: Molten Tide and Molten Wave

PeleLua

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved