Vainglory Forums

Spammers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 22, 2016 12:32pm | Report
I was wondering if any mod or owner could ban the bot/spammers ip in the general forums?

Just trying to help clean it up

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 22, 2016 9:57pm | Report
If this isn't possible I'd also like to ask that you should heighten the security of the site like asking for a email validation and maybe add another capatcha or whatever it's called. Because bots have been breaching what is already set up for account making and something else needs to be added to stop some of these spam bots. Please consider this :).

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » February 23, 2016 7:51pm | Report
Cleaned them up, sorry about that.

We already have email verification AND a captcha for registration. :( Still a lot get through somehow.

I've checked IPs and they're all from different ones so that won't help either. :/

We are doing what we can, and will keep improving our spam prevention. I just wanted to let you know that we have looked into this and are working on it.

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 23, 2016 11:19pm | Report
Thanks for the explanation on how's it going, maybe you could add a captcha on the email verification. Idk if that would help at all but it might work if it's not implemented. Anyway I got nothing else, if I think of anything I'll let you know but just keep running the site like it is spammers are annoying sometimes but I've got over them. This site is still amazing as it is :).

Edit: you could try and crack your own website by coding a bot and then patch it up based on how your bot worked it out. It will be a pain to code but this may solve it forever.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 28, 2016 5:14pm | Report
1 month later and the bot issue is a lot better

:)

there's no more spam

for now
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 1, 2016 7:11pm | Report
I can't find one spam anymore.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 3, 2016 12:58pm | Report
I find a couple that are advertising something but no bot spammers like there was before

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved