Vainglory Forums

Countering Krul as Joule?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lord_Starscream » December 2, 2015 4:27pm | Report
I recently had a match against Saw, Adaigo, and dat Krul....we lost miserably

My team consisted of Ringo, Taka, and Joule(me)

As hard as we try to deal damage, it would either get absorbed by his health barrier, alot of his health would be regenerated, or his teammates would arrive, since they were always near him.

Any tips/suggestions as to countering Krul's health regen & barrier?

Lord_Starscream
Quote | PM | +Rep by Drifter » December 2, 2015 5:37pm | Report
First and foremost, you need a true support. Catherine is probably best where you can get the double stun on Krul then proceed to Altas him. that should take care of it. Also in general, most heroes are string enough to take on Krul in the early game. if you can win the first jungle and steal farm from Krul, you should be pretty set for the rest of the match. Hope this helps. -D

Drifter
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 2, 2015 6:30pm | Report
I don't think Krul can subsequently activate that barrier fast enough to follow up a wasted DMR for most of his levels. Just get Krul to waste that first DMR? His health regen is a problem though, seems you went up against a full juggernaut team. But, all those enemy heroes are slow on a chase, which all of your team could have easily taken advantage of. Joule counters Adagio and SAW wonderfully, somewhat counters Krul also... Stun>AP to halt the Spin-Up damage, Smite Stacks, or stop Adagio's Ult. SAW and Adagio's SF/VoJ beg to get sniped by BigRedButton. Wiping SAWs with BRB during his SF always puts a smile on my face. Your Joule should have gone CP&CD for the frequent stuns and BRB/RocketLeap damage.

Your Ringo and Taka also should have done well. Really your WHOLE team had immense burst damage advantage, while the entire enemy team were on the squishy side and relied more on sustain damage.
Ringo is great for kiting which should have been to your favor with SAW on the enemy team. If you play SAW and have a team that always chase after the enemies when they draw the fight away, you'll see that SAW has a really hard time keeping up AND dealing heavy damage early in the fight. Well that is for WP SAW, I think that isn't as much of a problem for CP as his SF becomes viable as burst damage.

Though SAW+Adagio are always a nightmare in the early game no matter the counters, the damage output is just that nasty to deal with, but after that 15min mark Adagio falls off as a support. He is usually either focused on damage and heal with CP, making him super vulnerable to your entire team's burst. or he is tanky and his abilities that were devastating in the first 10mins become near useless compared to all the other support heroes' abilities.

Assuming both SAW & Krul went WP, two APs and three Metal Jackets on your team would have made it really hard for them to out sustain your bursts.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lord_Starscream » December 3, 2015 7:30pm | Report
Halcius wrote:

I don't think Krul can subsequently activate that barrier fast enough to follow up a wasted DMR for most of his levels. Just get Krul to waste that first DMR? His health regen is a problem though, seems you went up against a full juggernaut team. But, all those enemy heroes are slow on a chase, which all of your team could have easily taken advantage of. Joule counters Adagio and SAW wonderfully, somewhat counters Krul also... Stun>AP to halt the Spin-Up damage, Smite Stacks, or stop Adagio's Ult. SAW and Adagio's SF/VoJ beg to get sniped by BigRedButton. Wiping SAWs with BRB during his SF always puts a smile on my face. Your Joule should have gone CP&CD for the frequent stuns and BRB/RocketLeap damage.

Your Ringo and Taka also should have done well. Really your WHOLE team had immense burst damage advantage, while the entire enemy team were on the squishy side and relied more on sustain damage.
Ringo is great for kiting which should have been to your favor with SAW on the enemy team. If you play SAW and have a team that always chase after the enemies when they draw the fight away, you'll see that SAW has a really hard time keeping up AND dealing heavy damage early in the fight. Well that is for WP SAW, I think that isn't as much of a problem for CP as his SF becomes viable as burst damage.

Though SAW+Adagio are always a nightmare in the early game no matter the counters, the damage output is just that nasty to deal with, but after that 15min mark Adagio falls off as a support. He is usually either focused on damage and heal with CP, making him super vulnerable to your entire team's burst. or he is tanky and his abilities that were devastating in the first 10mins become near useless compared to all the other support heroes' abilities.

Assuming both SAW & Krul went WP, two APs and three Metal Jackets on your team would have made it really hard for them to out sustain your bursts.

I'm using a Joule WP build for the Thuder Strike and dealing lots of damage afterwards with basic attacks, is this a bad thing?Also, should I go with CP Joule from now on, and if so, is it possible you can suggest me a CP build?

Lord_Starscream
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 4, 2015 11:06am | Report
Thunderstrike WP Joule with high CRIT% is her best build IMO. I would only go for CP when there are easy snipes for BigRedButton or if the other carry went WP.

Unlike WP, Joule's CP build is usually situational. But generally you want at least 1 Shatterglass and 50% CD or more. You lose out on that basic attack power so the CD is needed, unfortunately.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » December 21, 2015 8:51pm | Report
If you are going support Joule CP abilities are much better designed for utility rather than damage. ESPECIALLY if you are vsing heroes like SAW and Krul, in which all your abilities can kill them as quickly as possible.
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 24, 2015 2:18pm | Report
well, if you have Taka on your team, you've already lost.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 4, 2016 12:38pm | Report
Why the hell would you go support joule?. When you can go a proper support like Catherine or Ardan, with basically all of there abilities contributing immensly to the team unlike joule.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Apocalypse27 » June 8, 2016 3:19am | Report
dude if you are a ******* joule against a pro krul that knows either to build atlas or stun ur ult to counter you when wp or cp u r just ****ed because with that ******ed team of urs with no *******ed support you will just get thrashed

Apocalypse27

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved