Vainglory Forums

CP Rona or WP Rona?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

What is better?
CP Rona
WP Rona
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Orangutan » September 13, 2015 5:21pm | Report
Also any suggestions on builds?

Orangutan
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » September 15, 2015 4:11pm | Report
This question really depends on your opponents. For example, a CP Rona vs. WP Rona in a match will be a lopsided WP Rona win. CP Rona is great at bursts, but lacks a consistent punch in long drawn out fights since her ONLY damage comes off cooldowns. If you have a pesky Saw in the lane, he usually goes down in 3 attacks to a good CP Rona build. WP Rona will be able to (almost) stand toe-to-toe with a Krul in the jungle. Both builds are great, I couldn't say that one is really dominant over the other since they both have great potential. Also, it should be said that your own team make up will encourage you to go one way or the other. CP Rona is harder to counter-build against, since her CP build usually will include Broken Myth. WP Rona can last longer in fights, since you usually have at least one speed item along with Serpent Mask. Rona is also a very good hybrid hero!

Sorry thats not a very definitive answer, but with the latest 1.8 update, she is extremely versatile!
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » September 16, 2015 3:36pm | Report
MY CP build for Rona:

Boots
Shatterglass
Broken Myth
Alternating Current
Aegis
Either Clockwork or Aftershock (depending on match)

My WP build for Rona:

Boots
Sorrowblade
Serpent Mask
Bonesaw or Breaking Point or Tornado Trigger (depending on match)
Aegis
Atlas Pauldron or Metal Jacket

These are just loose examples. I stay pretty close to them during the match, and the order that I get them depends on how I am counter building against the enemy. On the CP build, I may change the Aegis to Metal Jacket depending on the enemy team. On the WP build, I may not go with the second defensive item if it is not needed. In those situations I'll fill it in with one of the speed items that I didn't get in the beginning. Rona does need defense, since you will be targeted first usually by the opposing team.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved