Vainglory Forums

How to Build Roam

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MacZ » April 4, 2016 8:11am | Report
Hi, I dont know if Im building Roam right. Before, when I play as a roam I build items like any hero. For example instead of getting six sins, youll get two weapon blades. So I tried rushing items when i play as a Roam because i thought that most items that are built by roam players can be activated and I cant activate it unless I buy that item. So instead of building them by tiers, I tried rushing these items. Since I started doing this, I had an easier time playing as a roam, for me though. So im just wondering if im doing the right thing or should I just get back to tier by tier building.

MacZ
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 4, 2016 11:05am | Report
Nononononononononononononononononononononononononono

You normaly don't get any damage items until your last item, you get fountain first, atlas or crucible depending on the situation, then a contraption, that is your normal build path as any roam, but it can switch by what hero you or your team is playing

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » April 4, 2016 12:07pm | Report
@MacZ

if you are in the lower tiers like Tier 1-4, I think it's okay for you to build damage items. I mean, every there is still learning and stuff(and are generally terrible) so if you build like all Sorrowblade Ardan then I'm sure you will win.

If you're in the middle to high tiers, like Tiers 5-10, you should definitely follow vikings102's advice.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings103 » April 6, 2016 9:21am | Report
Except that it was deleted because I was banned or something

vikings103
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Synchronyze » April 6, 2016 9:33am | Report
I think a lot of roam players make the mistake (in my opinion) of rushing certain items. Although it can be effective in certain situations, normally building one item at a time puts you at a severe disadvantage and removes the ability for you to counterbuild and react. You will still focus on building for one item but have some benefits of the others along the way, especially boots.
SUPPORT MAIN ALERT

Synchronyze
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings103 » April 6, 2016 10:35am | Report
You normally rush fountain because it give your team basically a second life, you normally don't really get much else before that

vikings103
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 7, 2016 2:16pm | Report
Well sometimes it's vital you rush something, like I get what your saying but if there is a nasty Krul my team needs a atlas asap or where ****ed in most cases. It depends on your team comp, if I had a full melee comp against a krul, I would go atlas but if I had a really good team for kiting I might decide to go for fountain first or build all types of stuff at the same time.

Most of the time I usually build boots, flares and scouts along with my prioritised item.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » April 9, 2016 1:48am | Report
I feel like Roams should A) secure vision of important spots (gold mine, your tri-bush, and your lane brush), then look at which enemy is most ahead and counter build first. However, the reason rushing a Fountain is usually a good idea is because it gives you health, shield, and armor in one item, in addition to the on-the-field heal it grants. Items like Fountain of Renewal, Crucible, Atlas, or Warhorn that grant something for the whole team should be a second priority. It all comes down be building against your enemies. For example, if the enemy team has a lot of AOE or Crowd Control (stuns, etc) you should invest into a Crucible.
Late game, when you have acquired all these items (protection against their carries and universal effects for your team), then you could invest into a damage item. For example, Catherine works very well with an Aftershock (which, in her case, you should buy rather early), and you can find pretty good success with a Bonesaw on Ardan. However, damage should not be a first priority.

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 10, 2016 10:58pm | Report
Yeah on top of rushing a item it's important to always be carrying flares and to be replacing your scout trap vision.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » April 11, 2016 1:11am | Report
I don't really like the way the new flares work... I liked the way they used to work, and I feel like putting a cast time on it makes it unnecessarily complicated. And I don't like the change to how it reveals you as well. The point is that you're going to be at a vision disadvantage if you don't buy a flare. Now, level 1 jungle invades are that much harder, since by using a flare you reveal that you're taking their farm. I dunno. Just get scout traps, and place them in plentiful quantities.

354RRR
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved