Vainglory Forums

Joule is the worse character, please argue that

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by billlau » January 26, 2015 1:03am | Report
I have to confess that joule was my the number one favorite character at the early stage of the game. However, when I reached hotness level tier, opponent starts to punch her in the face. Most of the time I doesn't feel her hero's perk doing it's job at all. Back in the days, when new players doesn't gank in jungle, joule can easily reach a higher player level and nuke the opponents easily. Right now, I start to feel that once joule becomes the target, there is no skill / item would protect her. Her hoping has a 20 seconds delay, so its not gonna be the weapon to stun enemy in a team fight very often. besides, her basic attack is not hurting at all. I just does;t see her being a very reliable support anymore, Catherine is so much better in doing the support role in general. Please prove me wrong. I want to be have faith in her again.

billlau
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » January 26, 2015 11:51pm | Report
I'm not really familiar with Joule, but his moves seem to miss a lot, his jump spec was nerfed and his cannon width was nerfed.

I have played a few games where a teammate played as Joule and he was an incredible support player, but I rarely win if there is a Joule on my team.

NolePatrol
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 27, 2015 12:36pm | Report
I recommend building a Breaking Point on her. In team fights, it stacks with her passive and does a good amount of damage.

I honestly don't use her jump until I really have to such as: jumping on faces in the lane (engaging the fight) or jumping over a wall before I die (escaping a fight). Bottom line, you can't spam her 1st skill unless you build some CDR.

Other items I use on her while being a tanky support are Fountain of Renewal and Metal Jacket. It helps her stay alive even when someone targets you from the back.

Even with all this, a Koshka or crystal Taka will easily ruin your day, or a team with a lot of weapon penetration.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 27, 2015 1:56pm | Report
I've played with an awesome Joule. He would initiate with Rocket Leap to unsuspecting enemies and then we'd all focus one enemy down and keep going.

He also was great at positioning. He always had his back to a wall. I personally suck as Joule, but if the devs truly felt she was weak she would've been reworked by now, imo.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » January 27, 2015 6:58pm | Report
Joule used to be a really popular hero, but apparently the devs had to fix her Thunder Strike (B) ability which accumulates stacks and does more damage per stack. She is highly reliant on these stacks since the B ability is an auto-attack reset and originally accounted for most of the damage. So instead of auto-aiming, after the fix it is now an aimed attack which makes it really hard to play her well.

wolf_hands wrote:

I've played with an awesome Joule. He would initiate with Rocket Leap to unsuspecting enemies and then we'd all focus one enemy down and keep going.

He also was great at positioning. He always had his back to a wall. I personally suck as Joule, but if the devs truly felt she was weak she would've been reworked by now, imo.

Well, I'm pretty sure the devs are reworking her in the next patches because she is easily the weakest hero in the game right now due to this and other "fixes." Not mad, I don't main Joule or anything but she used to be really strong with her passive and decent health.

jttm
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved