Vainglory Forums

2v1 in the Jungle to start the game off: counter strategies

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » January 14, 2015 6:38pm | Report
Polymess wrote:

The mechanism of this game is very well balanced so if we don't play it as a team just slightly we can be out levelled quick when against well coordinated opponents, the experience gain system of this game is optimised for 1 laner+2 jungler, and also it can be very vulnerable for the solo jungler as you mentioned, most people who play 2 laner+1 jungler are just noobs who only focusing on seemingly trivial "advantage" but has no vision for the whole game. I totally agree with you, my solution is never team up with 2 obviously laner + 1 jungler. For example if there's a SAW, there should be no SKAARF or RINGO in the same team, ADAGIO and PETAL are ok if they go to JUNGLE(however in most of the cases they don't). I would rather waste 1:30 on hero selection than 30 mins on game. We should team up,

I could not disagree more with this statement. I primarily play Krul when the combination for my team on the selection screen suits him. 2 laners (or 1 lane + Catherine) is my preferred setup for when I pick Krul. When I can solo in the jungle and the 2 laners can pressure the lane, get some enemy kills and get a turret or two while I level and gank during camp cooldowns, my team will almost always dominate. This allows the jungler to level extremely quick (faster than enemy laners) and ganks are almost always successful with the higher level and better equipment. This allows the 2 laners to make quick work of the turrets (+300 gold) which again outpaces gold farming for the opposite team.

On the selection screen, if I see someone go with Taka, for example, I'll pick Catherine or dedicated laner to allow Taka player to level fast and be gank-tastic by the 5-6 minute mark. This isn't a sure-fire method, none are, but in my experience my PUGs do best this way. By far the biggest factor to success is player ability (laners that get killed early and often spell doom for the team, or junglers that try to split their own jungle camps and fight over limited mobs instead of raiding the enemy zone). But to say that the game is DESIGNED for 1 laner and 2 junglers is not true based on my approx. 300+ games played so far. Not a noob by any stretch, since it is fairly easy to avoid by killed in the jungle while farming early on. Also, If you have competent team mates in the lane that see the enemy team farming your own jungle, they will drop down and help. Usually when the enemy team jungle raiders get killed once or twice, they'll change tactics and farm their own side or switch to lane ganking.

Skill Tier: "Pretty Good"
Karma Level: 19
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » January 29, 2015 12:34am | Report
Mines lots of mines
Flares

If they are camping ur side and your team won't help go to their side

Stack def first.

Don't chase em down when they run stay focused on farming when you have the chance

ChiTownTino

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved