Vainglory Forums

A simple request

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 10, 2016 8:13pm | Report
I write this in a moment of frustration, knowing full well a snowball has a better chance in Arizona summer than this request has of every happening.

Don't be that guy (term used loosely, could be a gal)...

Don't be that guy who goes 0/6 who thinks they should be pinging their teammates with strategic instructions. This tends to happen to me more during a BR match, but occasionally during a standard match as well, though that's more commonly the 0/12 guy pinging me with a ? on my third death.

I hate pings. Honestly wish they'd remove them. This isn't to say I don't understand the value of them, because I do. They can aid in a well communicated match, but more often than not (in yolo queue) they are just annoying and I usually end up muting my teammates.

One of the more annoying things that happens during a standard match, besides the ignorant rage pinger, is teammates who feel the need to spam pings on who you should be targeting while you're in the middle of fighting 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 because they just died. As if you don't have enough things to concentrate on while you're trying to stay alive, so hell let's cover the screen with target and warning pings, which not only make it difficult to see, but instinctually pull your brain in that direction.

Occasionally pings are helpful. Such as a single warning ping when you're near death. I don't mind that one. Sometimes I think we all get caught up in the middle of battle and don't realize how much damage we've taken, so the occasional ping to say "hey look at your health" is ok.

But seriously, let's as a community, stop the ridiculous pings, especially in the case where you are the 0/9 player trying to give strategic instructions to your teammate who is 9/1. Simple math tells you that they probably know what they are doing better than you.

Just please, don't be that guy.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 11, 2016 5:07am | Report
If only I had a hand clapping emoji. This man^^^^ knows how to preach and I love it, but I digress. This is exactly how I feel about the pings, too. They should take them out of SOLO QUEUE ONLY though. In guild matches and draft rank matches they should keep it because you know you're guildmates and friends won't rage ping you.
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lycaon » October 12, 2016 8:06am | Report
I actually hate the fact that people count kills as a way to determine one's skill. I've played with a roamer who died 8 times, resulting in 0 deaths for me and the laner. (Reverse Forced Accord, he would run over behind a wall and drag the enemy team over to buy us time. God Bless him. Seriously.) No offense meant tho, I just really hate kill steals, like that one time I 1 v 2 the enemy comp with a Krul (I don't get why some folks never buy Atlas) for like one full minute, just hammering back and forth. (I hate Lyra and Adagio on the same team). I got them both to 10% health, then right before I could give them the boot, Ringo just "HAPPENED" to pass by and kill them both. (Yes, I don't forget cause I hold grudges. Ecpecially as a roam main who never gets the glory. But I digress)

I believe they should actually change the limit of the pings. Right now, I believe it is four pings when spammed, with a 15? second cooldown before you can spam again. I think it would be better if they would limit the amount of SAME pings, instead of blocking all of them. For eg, the ? ping can be used once, and not again for 5 seconds, or two for 8 seconds.

Lycaon
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 12, 2016 9:58am | Report
There's a mute button for a reason...

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hershey Lollipop » November 16, 2016 2:35pm | Report
I agree even if it has not happened to me
IGN : Hershey_Lolipop
Region: USA
Main: Cathrin, Taka
Practicing: Adagio, Samuel
Skill Tier : Getting There
"In order to succeed, you must first believe that you can."
"To come out of a desperate situation and make a complete return in one sudden burst."

Hershey Lollipop
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » November 16, 2016 2:54pm | Report
I'm a new player, so could someone explain what 0/9 or 0/12 means?
But yes, I do agree with this. I have not been playing that long and I'm usually in a game with question mark pings all over the map.

P.S. Can't you mute them?

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » November 16, 2016 3:01pm | Report
LilWolfPup wrote:

I'm a new player, so could someone explain what 0/9 or 0/12 means?
But yes, I do agree with this. I have not been playing that long and I'm usually in a game with question mark pings all over the map.

P.S. Can't you mute them?

0/9 usually means 0 kills and 9 deaths but there are also assists which means that you participated in killing an enemy but you didn't get the final blow. For example, if you got 3 kills, 5 deaths, and 7 assists, it would be 3/5/7

You can mute them when you press the button that shows the scoreboard and press the speech bubble icon next to their name. That will mute all pings from them which is helpful if they are ping spamming you.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Derpnut » November 20, 2016 10:30am | Report
The mute button doesn't fix everything, you still need to communicate with your team and I feel without pings on you can't adequately help teammates and receive help. Even with idiots who spam the ? Constantly, a ping could save the game, either helping them or you.
Main: Blackfeather, Lyra, Krul, Koshka
IGN: derpnut
Level: 19

Derpnut
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » November 21, 2016 6:23am | Report
Derpnut wrote:

The mute button doesn't fix everything, you still need to communicate with your team and I feel without pings on you can't adequately help teammates and receive help. Even with idiots who spam the ? Constantly, a ping could save the game, either helping them or you.

How, what could it be used for that you cannot get with game sense?

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved