Vainglory Forums

Adagio players strategy help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ahmong » January 2, 2015 3:50pm | Report
So I just played 4 games and lost all 4 times.

All 4 times they had a Catherine and during team fights, my team tends to lose because I somehow get silenced and stun locked. Given that I'm pretty tanky, it takes me a while to die. But that's not the case, a stunned and silenced adagio is useless. I pop crucible, blocks 1 stun next thing you know, I'm stunned and I'm disabled, unable to help teammates who are getting picked off one by one.

How do you deal with Catherine as Adagio?
IGN: Ahmong
Main: Tank support Adagio
Karma level: 12
Region: NA
Skill Tier: Floating around "Pretty good" and "The Hotness"

Looking for a team

ahmong
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 2, 2015 4:16pm | Report
Who else was on your team? Catherine doesn't have a lot of Range in my Opinion(except for her chase! That move sucks!). I typically "Agent of Wrath" myself and then set her on fire. At that time they usually pop the shield and then I wait that out til that is gone while keeping my distance (usually she chases you down).

I tend to stay away from defensive items like crucible altogether. I feel the best defense it a Great Offense!

First Item I build toward is:
1)ForstBurn(Slows enemies down for me or my buddies to kill)
2)JourneyBoots(Extra 200hp and the speed will let you escape from Catherine when she chases you)
3)ShatteredGlass(No Brainer)
Everything else should be Crystal
Try that and it might work for you.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ahmong » January 2, 2015 4:54pm | Report
Yeah, I'm thinking if there's a Catherine on the other team, I'd probably try going on the offense instead of being the tank/initiator.

I can only remember the last game I played. It was Taka and Skaarf

Looking for a team

ahmong
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 2, 2015 5:10pm | Report
ahmong wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking if there's a Catherine on the other team, I'd probably try going on the offense instead of being the tank/initiator.

I can only remember the last game I played. It was Taka and Skaarf

That's exactly why you lost! I rarely pick first for that reason. Taka is rarely going to stay and help out. In and Out, and if you don't kill the enemy in 1 combo then you hide and then reappear after the cool down.

Skaarf is also not going to help much. I love playing as Skaarf but will only play as him if I have Tanks on my Team (Glaive, Krul and guys like that). Skaarf is good Mid to late game. Most people still don't know how to use him though.

Play Adagio with those heavy hitters. Even Boosting a Saw is a great idea. Other than that choose another class.
Great Karma

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ahmong » January 2, 2015 5:19pm | Report
Haha I'd probably need to learn how to play another character. FYI, I love playing with a Saw, boosting them and just letting them go ham is fun!

Looking for a team

ahmong
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheUnseenBlade » January 2, 2015 11:57pm | Report
I've played Adagio twice and I already have a feel for him. I'm a fast learner. Against Catherine, you need to three v one, as few can one v one her. The trick is to let her use all her skills, hope you live, and theoughout focus her teammates. Wth Adagio that's the easiest thing in the world. Light everyone on fire and ult. You're a legit ticking bomb. Everyone scatters, and then it's clean-up time!
IGN: TheUnseenBlade
Main: Taka, Ringo, Saw
Decent: Krul, Glaive, Adagio
Karma Level: Does it matter? I won't AFK.

TheUnseenBlade
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheUnseenBlade » January 3, 2015 12:00am | Report
I don't have a guide but my build is as follows: Frostburn->Journey Boots->Eve of Harvest->Shatterglass->Alternating Current->Clockwork/Alternating Current/Shatterglass, depending if you want skill spam, self buff damage or ult damage. Hope this helps! :)
IGN: TheUnseenBlade
Main: Taka, Ringo, Saw
Decent: Krul, Glaive, Adagio
Karma Level: Does it matter? I won't AFK.

TheUnseenBlade
Quote | PM | +Rep by ahmong » January 3, 2015 3:26am | Report
The only thing though is, I feel at around the higher tiers, survival is key. That's why I build tanky lol. It's just Catherine is the bane of my Adagio whenever it's 3v3 lol.

Looking for a team

ahmong
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by AboveAverage » January 3, 2015 5:28am | Report
SeyMonkey is god :(
IGN: AboveAverage / BelowAverage (Smurf)
Region: North America
Mains: Ringo
Skill Tier: Above Average ?
Karma Level: 12

AboveAverage
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 3, 2015 7:20am | Report
AboveAverage wrote:

SeyMonkey is god :(

I'll Even admit that was one lucky game. There are certain heroes I will stay away from. Like Glaive, he is nasty. His stun I think is the worst to fight against. Catherine you can easily survive her stun. Most Catherine's build crystal anyway so if you survive her first attack she'll raise her shield and if you are faster then her, heal yourself and keep you distance. Once her sheild is down you wreck her.

Only a ****ty Catherine is going to use her ultimate on one character.
Great Karma

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved