Vainglory Forums

AFK Ranked

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » March 6, 2016 7:36am | Report
Ok, so I'm not ranting or anything, but if someone goes AFK on my team, why do I lose rank for losing? I just don't think I deserve to lose rank when I didn't even get a chance to show my skill, and its called a SKILL tier.
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 6, 2016 10:20am | Report
SEMC said it's because people could abuse the system if this was ever implemanted. If you're in a party and you're losing, one your teammates could AFK and you would not lose that match. Therefore, you would not lose rank.

Yeah I know the current system isn't the best but it's the best we have so far. No machine can tell if it's like an emergency so someone has to AFK or they just want to quit.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » March 6, 2016 10:50am | Report
yeah I almost put that in my question, so i was thinking a cut off so higher level teams couldn't do that. And keep in mind that the person who AFK's loses extra rank, and it could also be different for parties. I'm not sure, just making sure im not crazy...
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » March 10, 2016 10:09pm | Report
It should be if you AFK in a ranked match for any reason you get banned.

Rated games only.

1 time in a day = 60 min ban
2 times in a day = 120 min ban
3 times in a day = 24 hour ban
9 times in one week = 7 day ban and rank reset to 0 with a requirement to win 100 casual games before being allowed back into ranked/competitive play.

Also timers should be reduced to 2-3 minutes instead of the standard 5 before the person is flagged as abandoning the match. it doesn't take long for the other team to figure out if they are short a player and snowball the game.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » March 11, 2016 9:50am | Report
Really? So if someone has a bad connection and their game constantly crashes they should get punished for it? This is a good system and don't complain about it unless you have a reasonable replacement for it

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » March 12, 2016 1:33am | Report
Of course, if they have a bad connection it isn't their fault, but they still aren't contributing to their team compared to someone who has a stable connection. It is quite frustrating to play with someone who can't do anything as well.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » March 12, 2016 5:48pm | Report
But why should the person be punished just as badly for something that they have no control over compared to intentional AFKs and trolls?

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved