Vainglory Forums

Battle Royale- UNFAIIR Match Ups.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » May 4, 2017 5:04pm | Report
Here is something that has been bothering me, more extensively since recent times. Not sure after which update.

But the Battle Royale matches up with UNFAIR CHARACTER combinations.
Recently i played a match where i was Flicker alongside a Lance and Ardan -AGAINST- Baron, Gwen and Ringo.

How are we possibly supposed to win that match?
Its a NO WIN SCENARIO.

And this is the most recent experience. There have been multitude of situations where they put three support or support like low OP character against Ranged high OP characters.

I honestly do think SEMC should make Battle Royale matchup with one Ranged, Support/High Defense and a Jungler strictly both Teams to make it fair.
In a way make sure the entire aggregate of team Health and base team damage is kind of equal with a minimum one ranged or absolutely no ranged on both sides at a time sort of rule.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » May 4, 2017 5:32pm | Report
Well that's RNG for yea, it's about to get worse in 2.5 with the release of talents. Let me tell you; I've gotten to try a lot of the talents and they are so op. So good luck next update.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » May 5, 2017 3:30am | Report
Its going to be a disaster with Talents and Unfair matchups.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » May 5, 2017 9:41am | Report
Krystalline wrote:

Here is something that has been bothering me, more extensively since recent times. Not sure after which update.

Recently i played a match where i was Flicker alongside a Lance and Ardan -AGAINST- Baron, Gwen and Ringo.

Its a NO WIN SCENARIO.

And this is the most recent experience. There have been multitude of situations where they put three support or support like low OP character against Ranged high OP characters.

I honestly do think SEMC should make Battle Royale matchup with one Ranged, Support/High Defense and a Jungler strictly both Teams to make it fair.
In a way make sure the entire aggregate of team Health and base team damage is kind of equal with a minimum one ranged or absolutely no ranged on both sides at a time sort of rule.

Talents should make things more chaotic and crazy and should balance out(sort of) the weird comps Battle Royale gives you. Also, it isn't Battle Roayle unless every game is crazy(I've played 3 roams vs 3 ranged too and won) so I feel like having roles preassigned to you sort of ruins the point of the game. Anyway, you can win any game if you just play it carefully and think about every move(don't tilt) because you could be 3 turrets down but if you get an Ace late game, then you could easily win the match.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » May 5, 2017 11:51am | Report
Krystalline wrote:

Its a NO WIN SCENARIO.

How is this a no win scenario? You just have to understand the win conditions. Their comp is squishy beyond belief, while your comp is inherently tacky, not to mention if you build defense. Flicker could have easily built atlas cauldron and applied it to any of them with ease, or all of them if they bunched up. I would have put atlas on everyone to be honest. I would have built cool down Lance for the lock down, and WP Ardan for the burst. Play it close to the turrets, because then they have to come in at least the range of the turret to attack it. Lock them down with Lance, atlas and slow with flicker, and a couple of hits from ardan, you're down to a 3v2 scenario. It's doable. You have to use your strengths, you can't play a comp like that the same way you would play a regular comp.

How are talents going to make things worse? Have you seen Ardan's Vanguard talent? In the comp that you describe you vanguard someone with your talent and massacre the squishy comp.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » May 6, 2017 1:33pm | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

How is this a no win scenario? You just have to understand the win conditions. Their comp is squishy beyond belief, while your comp is inherently tacky, not to mention if you build defense. Flicker could have easily built atlas cauldron and applied it to any of them with ease, or all of them if they bunched up. I would have put atlas on everyone to be honest. I would have built cool down Lance for the lock down, and WP Ardan for the burst. Play it close to the turrets, because then they have to come in at least the range of the turret to attack it. Lock them down with Lance, atlas and slow with flicker, and a couple of hits from ardan, you're down to a 3v2 scenario. It's doable. You have to use your strengths, you can't play a comp like that the same way you would play a regular comp.

How are talents going to make things worse? Have you seen Ardan's Vanguard talent? In the comp that you describe you vanguard someone with your talent and massacre the squishy comp.

Yes You are absolutely right. In an Ideal scenario, thats actually a matchup where a Crystal Hybrid Flicker, and Weapon Hybrid Ardan with A lance can kill three squishy Laners. If i were playing with my Team mates, we could have won it fair and square.

But thats where the earlier post/thread comes in play, where you clearly mentioned that Brawl modes select random players and not based on ranked or experience, and in such situations creates a horrible imbalance due to the clueless people u play with. Though i Roam mainly, i can make any Roamer work well in any position with almost any build depending on the situation. Its experience.

Good thing about getting a laner or carry for a beginner is, u can stand and kill- do the abilities. U don't need to know What is Stutter-stepping or Kiting or Ganking. Being a roamer requires practice and experience.

And when they put 3 Roamers for beginner people and 3 Carries- That right there is an Imbalance and an unfair mismatch.

Now about Talents- Not everyone will have talents. And plus u need to be lucky to get ur main character in BR for it to be a problem. So talents shouldn't be an Issue in Battle Royale.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » May 6, 2017 1:40pm | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

Talents should make things more chaotic and crazy and should balance out(sort of) the weird comps Battle Royale gives you. Also, it isn't Battle Roayle unless every game is crazy(I've played 3 roams vs 3 ranged too and won) so I feel like having roles preassigned to you sort of ruins the point of the game. Anyway, you can win any game if you just play it carefully and think about every move(don't tilt) because you could be 3 turrets down but if you get an Ace late game, then you could easily win the match.

I completely agree to you.
Experienced players can do that. Three Roamers is hard work but very Doable. But when u queue for a Brawl mode- the chances you get a good experienced player is a very tiny percentage. and for new people- playing with Laners (unless its celeste) is a very easy task Compared to a roamer who is not supposed to technically Roam.
And thats why i call it Imbalance.
If the roles are assigned, then there is a general balance to the team.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved