Vainglory Forums

Can people people who choose "roam" actually build as a tank?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by asiankatemoss » December 1, 2015 9:02am | Report
It's so annoying when people choose "roamer" during the hero selection, buy their first contract then refuse to build as a tank and instead choose a weapon or crystal build. WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP DOING THIS???

asiankatemoss
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSugarTits » December 1, 2015 11:54am | Report
Because the role says roam, not tank perhaps?

TheSugarTits
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 1, 2015 12:15pm | Report
Well most people actually don't know how to play ROAM/SUPPORT/TANK and it's a serious issue to be addressed, especially at low elo. Another reason is that most people don't like being the person having the least gold and doing not damage. Support usually can't carry as much as lane and jungle so people in general hate playing it.

What you could tell people if you friend requested them to give advice would be: When you go support build tanky items and get only one damage item. In order: Ironguard (upgrade ironguard to Warhorn or contraption around mid or late game. Fountain of renewal. Crucible. Damage Item (Breaking Point or Aftershock), Shiversteel or Atlas Pauldron. Tier 2 boots will usually be bought around mid game. (15:00 mins ish). Also remember to let the jungler get the gold and ironguard properly.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » December 1, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Sometimes building offensive can make them tanky.

For example, take Adagio. The more crystal power he has, the more healing he can provide. Plus, he can boost damage drastically.

But that still might not help the game. Like if you build an all crystal Catherine, that's fine if you are jungling because of the damage, but not good if you're roaming. A roamer's job is to help teammates when they're needed.

To answer the original question, I have no idea and probably everyone else except those who do it. Maybe because that want to get kills? Anyways, that's just my idea.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by asiankatemoss » December 2, 2015 7:33am | Report
uncrudable wrote:
. Another reason is that most people don't like being the person having the least gold and doing not damage. Support usually can't carry as much as lane and jungle so people in general hate playing it.

Yeah what is the actual point of having two jungles and no support role if we have less optimal team dynamic. Seriously, a lot of people are actually so selfish on this game, whether it be
- rush-locking in their favourite/preferred heroes with complete disregard for the overall unity of the team,
- stealing kills and using their ultimate on an enemy which is already certain to die (for example, i was playing crystal ringo and used my ult an an enemy taka. The taka didn't die with the initial hit but it would've definitely burnt to death and my teammate celeste JUST FELT THE NEED TO USE HER ULT ON THE TAKA INSTEAD FOR THE LAST TWO ENEMIES WHO WERE TRYING TO ESCAPE
- and again on the issue i've raised in this thread. If you've chosen a support, your concern should not be your own damage output or the amount of hold your earning. It should be on helping your teammates secure kills

TheSugarTits wrote:

Because the role says roam, not tank perhaps?

No, i think it the role of the roamer implies a support role, i.e. building tanky/utility items, whereas junglers and laners implies a carry role and build damage central items.

asiankatemoss
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 2, 2015 12:57pm | Report

Yeah what is the actual point of having two jungles and no support role if we have less optimal team dynamic. Seriously, a lot of people are actually so selfish on this game, whether it be
- rush-locking in their favourite/preferred heroes with complete disregard for the overall unity of the team,
- stealing kills and using their ultimate on an enemy which is already certain to die (for example, i was playing crystal ringo and used my ult an an enemy taka. The taka didn't die with the initial hit but it would've definitely burnt to death and my teammate celeste JUST FELT THE NEED TO USE HER ULT ON THE TAKA INSTEAD FOR THE LAST TWO ENEMIES WHO WERE TRYING TO ESCAPE
- and again on the issue i've raised in this thread. If you've chosen a support, your concern should not be your own damage output or the amount of hold your earning. It should be on helping your teammates secure kills

No, i think it the role of the roamer implies a support role, i.e. building tanky/utility items, whereas junglers and laners implies a carry role and build damage central items.

Technically SUGARTITS(ok that felt awkward to type in) is right, but in practice buying support items will get you Tank results.
I think it is obvious the OP didn't imply that Support should by defensive items with no support function such as Aegis & Jacket.
Also it is fine to consider the terms synonymous in vainglory, by being the team's tank, you're also tasked with positioning or initiating fights in a way that would force the enemy to prevent or waste their Bursts & EN on you so that your carrys are less likely to get melted.
In lower Tiers you might be surprised by how long you can keep a close-to-death Skaarf alive just by standing over his Sprite.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 2, 2015 1:00pm | Report
Yeah this is why I promote getting casual good players that you know are reliable so you can 3 man queue but I do agree with you and this issue needs to be addressed. Learning how to support is difficult and most people hate playing support resulting in them never finding out how to really play it, which is unfortunate because when you have a good team and you know how to play it, support is actually really really fun.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mdmaction » December 3, 2015 1:36am | Report
i understand Roam as Support, since they dont make a difference between ability and tank suppors
for me that means my way to build is all items what helps my team or me to initiate fights, disengage, and most of all vision/mapcontrol n tankyness cuz i am going in first so my teammates can deal best dmg
also u still have cp and wp consumable what i always use
at last it depends on my team which supp i pick
i like cath+krul/skye or ardan+koshka/rona

mdmaction
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mdmaction » December 3, 2015 1:37am | Report
never buy aegis and jacket as support x.x

mdmaction
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » December 4, 2015 5:57pm | Report

I don't agree with your statement. But I would love to see a build from you.

Lets say you were going to play 1 of these heroes,

Catherine
Ardan
Phinn

How would you build them. Lets just say you have a wp Glaive, Cp Ringo and a Catherine on the other team because we all know it is situational.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved