Vainglory Forums

Can we get matched inside of our tiers on ranked?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 28, 2015 8:29pm | Report
Is this too much to ask? Because there's a huge difference between a tier 8 player & a tier 6 player. i don't mind playing with people way below me on casual, but it's a little unfair on ranked. SEMC wants us to be competitive, but how is this supposed to be possible when I'm getting paired with people nowhere close to me?

& yes, I know how to add people & play with them. It's just not always possible to do this since I play at pretty random times, I'm usually in a hurry, & I much prefer solo queue.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » August 28, 2015 8:32pm | Report
I don't know about you, but when I play a ranked match almost everyone is the same tier as me
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » August 28, 2015 9:34pm | Report
One of your tier 8 opponent/ally probably had a tier 6 friend in a party, thats why you got match with them i think.
VG in-game name : KvK
Main : Skaarf(lane)
Joule(Jungle)
Fortress/Catherine(Support)
Level : 20
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing Bronze
Region : SEA
Please stop spamming out the question mark pings

KvK4
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheBenFNC » August 29, 2015 1:40pm | Report
Not possible. You can only party with someone 1 skill tier above or below you. E.G. An SA Silver can party with anyone from Hotness Silver to POA Silver.

TheBenFNC
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 29, 2015 7:28pm | Report
@Bootylicious

Thought you abandoned the forums :)
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 29, 2015 7:29pm | Report
I haven't played a ranked match since probably 2 weeks after 1.7 came out. I'll wait till the next update to see if this bogus matchmaking gets fixed. I'd rather have longer wait times in queue for a quality game than fast matching with momo players. Isn't it better to wait 2-3 minutes for a good game that lasts 20-25 minutes than a quick match in 1 minute for a ****py game that lasts 15-20 minutes?
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » August 30, 2015 3:14am | Report
TheBenFNC wrote:

Not possible. You can only party with someone 1 skill tier above or below you. E.G. An SA Silver can party with anyone from Hotness Silver to POA Silver.

The possibility for this is very small but maybe, MAYBE... Someone in tier 7 gold who is just 1 game away to be tier 8 got matched with tier 8 players, and that guy brought a tier 6 friend.

Edit: wait? You can only party with someone 1 tier apart? Then how did i party with my unranked and tier 4 friends? Is it only for ranked match?
#LearningSomethingNew
Joule(Jungle)

KvK4
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » August 30, 2015 3:37am | Report
KvK4 wrote:

The possibility for this is very small but maybe, MAYBE... Someone in tier 7 gold who is just 1 game away to be tier 8 got matched with tier 8 players, and that guy brought a tier 6 friend.

Edit: wait? You can only party with someone 1 tier apart? Then how did i party with my unranked and tier 4 friends? Is it only for ranked match?
#LearningSomethingNew

yeah, only for ranked
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 30, 2015 5:26am | Report
It is very frustrating... I have said this multiple times. You can be matched with opponents up to two tiers below or ahead of you. This makes games have polar extremes - either you rofl stomp lower or get stomped by higher. I sometimes get lucky and go against my own tier, and those are usually good games; however, even then those do not happen often.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » August 31, 2015 1:30am | Report
Cheese Ausar wrote:

yeah, only for ranked

Thanks!
#SomethingNewLearned
Joule(Jungle)

KvK4
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved