Vainglory Forums

Catherine and her Bubble

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by LightningT » October 7, 2015 10:10am | Report
I cry just thinking about this ability. Holy god it's annoying. As a lane carry hero, I feel like I can't even play celeste anymore because of bad memories. I had a game where I had 100 CS in 9 minutes, super farmed up but that stupid catherine and her clockwork was just too much. First of all, you can't fight back because you'll just end up killing yourself. Secondly her damage is not s joke. Like, she hurts. That particular game my support wouldn't initiate so I guess that's why it was so hard but also this. I was playing vox, and their glaive and catherine came at me while my two teammates went after the other team's lane carry. I kited backwards and got the Glaive really low and he back off, I had 11 breaking point stacks. I ended up killing myself on the catherine because either I didn't hit her, and she did damage to me with her bubble or I kill myself by hitting her. Godamn, any tips you guys have to fight against Catherine who maxes B ability, builds clockwork and contraption and just chases you everywhere? RIP Celeste.

LightningT
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 7, 2015 2:48pm | Report
My advice is to not attack Catherine at all, or to attack her last. Catherine is only a threat to you when you attack her when she has her bubble. Attacking her last will be easier because you don't have to deal as much damage as possible, like in team fights. You just have to do enough to kill her, and not kill yourself.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 7, 2015 10:00pm | Report
People have been trying to make Catherine more of a offensive threat recently it seems, going with CR or WP builds instead of just pure tank. I don't know if it's because she doesn't seem like the pure support of choice anymore beside Ardan, Phinn or even Glaive for that matter? Anyway, a high CR Catherine will be VERY pesky enemy if you allow her to hang around. I suggest checking her build as you play against her, to see if the player is going more offensive than defensive. If Catherine is not built as a strong tank, I'd recommend taking her out early since she doesn't have any real survivability without her tanky build. It takes A LOT of stuns and silences to build up any meaningful defense from her Heroic Perk on her own without defensive items. She'll go down pretty fast if your team focuses on her early. If you let her stay around during a team fight, her bubble and stun come up of cool downs really fast, making using any of your teams "C" abilities risky. She will stun you during your ultimate or reflect a huge amount of damage back on your team when you use them. Take her out if she is squishy.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » October 8, 2015 5:47pm | Report
As an AOE Carry, I don't see any real tactic to take against her v1.9 bubble. But I think you figured that already.

Catherine 1.9 is a solid buff against certain team compositions, and a slight Nerf towards others.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » October 8, 2015 7:03pm | Report
LightningT wrote:

I cry just thinking about this ability. Holy god it's annoying. As a lane carry hero, I feel like I can't even play celeste anymore because of bad memories. I had a game where I had 100 CS in 9 minutes, super farmed up but that stupid catherine and her clockwork was just too much. First of all, you can't fight back because you'll just end up killing yourself. Secondly her damage is not s joke. Like, she hurts. That particular game my support wouldn't initiate so I guess that's why it was so hard but also this. I was playing vox, and their glaive and catherine came at me while my two teammates went after the other team's lane carry. I kited backwards and got the Glaive really low and he back off, I had 11 breaking point stacks. I ended up killing myself on the catherine because either I didn't hit her, and she did damage to me with her bubble or I kill myself by hitting her. Godamn, any tips you guys have to fight against Catherine who maxes B ability, builds clockwork and contraption and just chases you everywhere? RIP Celeste.

Hahahaha! LightningT, I remember that name! That was me you played against. Sorry bro, but the only time I lose with that build is when my team "jerking off" in the back.

Contraption
Boots
Aftershock
Clock
Clock
And a defensive item.

I actually maxed my A for the longer stun. Super troll I know, but when I play Catherine I know I am not going to be dealing the damage. I only have to stop you longer enough for my team to murder you. I barely buy defense because the barrier is there to stop incoming attacks.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » October 9, 2015 12:22pm | Report
SexyMonkeyKing, Would you like to do a 3 vs 3 or better yet a 1 vs 1. I also main catherine and I will love for you to show me that build. Curious to see if its superior to mine. Private message me if you want but I will be waiting. Thanks
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 9, 2015 6:36pm | Report

Hahahaha! LightningT, I remember that name! That was me you played against. Sorry bro, but the only time I lose with that build is when my team "jerking off" in the back.

Contraption
Boots
Aftershock
Clock
Clock
And a defensive item.

I actually maxed my A for the longer stun. Super troll I know, but when I play Catherine I know I am not going to be dealing the damage. I only have to stop you longer enough for my team to murder you. I barely buy defense because the barrier is there to stop incoming attacks.

This proves my point. Any decent team would've recognized this wasn't a tank build and should've focused on you early. But if the enemy team lets you stay in the game with this, no reason not to go this route then. Congrats!
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Katzjoli » October 9, 2015 6:41pm | Report
LightningT wrote:

Catherine is my fave hero and I think Celeste is to weak for her.
You may switch to Krul, he has dreadful lifestealing skill and he is the only hero that can rip off Catherine's bubble (I think).
? IGN: Katzjoli
? Main: Catherine / Petal
? Playable: Celeste / Skye
? Filipino ??

Katzjoli
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » October 9, 2015 9:56pm | Report
Although he's definitely got her beat in a 1vs1, Krul isn't the best match up against Catherine.
Krul's B can backfire off the bubble and annihilate Krul.
If you use BP, your individual hits will start dealing massive criticals and backfire.

Many small individual hits help deplete her bubble which is why a hero like Skaarf does a little better against her than the other mages.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » October 10, 2015 8:50am | Report
FederalMafia wrote:

This proves my point. Any decent team would've recognized this wasn't a tank build and should've focused on you early. But if the enemy team lets you stay in the game with this, no reason not to go this route then. Congrats!

Not sure if you did the math but with this build my cooldown is 205%. That means my cool down for each of my abilities is
A- 4secs
B- 2secs
C- 25secs

Go ahead and focus the "non Tanky" build, but with cooldowns that fast I am pretty Tanky. Plus the way I play I am never alone. Always with my jungle or lane. Let's say it is 2 v 2 in the jungle. Visibility is never really a problem because of the contraption. I start with a stun and a mine drop. Once the stun Wears off I pop my shield and the mines goes off while my buddy is attacking. In this scenario, who do you attack? You attack me with my shield up or my teammate? Once my shield runs out it has a 2sec cooldown. So I stun you which lasts 1.4secs and then shield again. Like I said, I main Catherine.

I am not saying it's the best build just for me it is and it works at my skill level obviously.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved