Vainglory Forums

Custom Hero - Xander

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » December 19, 2015 8:00am | Report
Nine-Cence wrote:

Ardan is designed to assist another hero by hanging around the side and ensuring that his teammates stay alive, whereas I have Xander set up to be an active part of the fight, only being effective at all if he's the one actively taking damage. Xander is deigned to be a tank that body blocks, soaks up damage, and keeps his allies alive by never letting them be hurt, whereas Ardan is designed to be a steroids-on-demand style hero that runs with another hero and ensures that THAT hero does all the fighting better than their opponent, keeping him alive with Vanguard and securing kills/preventing deaths with Gauntlet. Xander's A prevents an allied hero from being hurt by having him take the damage onto himself. There's no reflection to the enemy, it's just Xander taking the pain instead, whereas Ardan's A is designed to allow the allied hero he vanguards to perform better (be that running away with the speed boost and health shield or engaging an opponent). Ardan's is combat centralized, whereas Xander is survival centralized.

so what makes you think that the enemy wont ignore him completely, rendering him useless?
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nine-Cence » December 19, 2015 9:58am | Report
How many games have you played where no one has ever hit the tank? And that's what his A is for.

Nine-Cence
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nine-Cence » December 19, 2015 10:25am | Report
And, I mean, if you think his kit is bad, then suggest something for me to change. I'm only defending my choices right now because you're saying they're useless. I know his ult is a "technically different" Ardan ult, so tell me what you think would work better.

Nine-Cence
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved