Vainglory Forums

Draft mode... 1 irritation

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Noatorious » April 1, 2016 12:29am | Report
I kinda like being able to ban one character, but why can't I be the same character as a player on the opposing team? Suuuuuper lame and unfair.

Noatorious
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 1, 2016 7:29am | Report
It is a really good idea to not be able to play the same hero otherwise you can't deny the enemy heros

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 1, 2016 1:15pm | Report
Just counter what they pick if they get your main, if it truely is your main you should know what heroes create a problem for your hero a and a rough idea how they play, just pick that hero and mimic.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » April 2, 2016 2:38pm | Report
Noatorious wrote:

I kinda like being able to ban one character, but why can't I be the same character as a player on the opposing team? Suuuuuper lame and unfair.

Because that wouldn't successfully eliminate the meta. Remember the Ardan, Kestrel, and Skye combo? Let's say they are still overpowered. If we only kept the ban feature, only 2 of these heroes would be banned. That means the other one could still be played. So most likely, people would choose one of the 3, and that hero would be meta, thus destroying the point of draft mode(the point is to eliminate overused heroes).

If you didn't get that, basically if you could play heroes that are on the other team, there's no point of draft mode.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Avva » April 13, 2016 6:45pm | Report
I think draft mode is horrible. Nothing like limiting a player's options. If I like playing a certain hero, I'd have more fun playing and losing than playing on a hero I don't enjoy playing. Also, if I spend money to get a hero, why should be another player's choice whether or not I'm allowed to play him. Almost everyone bans the hero I like playing the most. I still win matches, but I don't particularly enjoy the game as much as other games that don't allow other players to limit my options. I'm also on the fence about not having enemies play the same heros. On one hand, it makes for an interesting match. On the other hand, there really is no better competition than playing against someone who chooses the same hero as you.

I play the game as much for fun as I do for competition. It's just not that much fun anymore. Lose draft mode. It's been a source of frustration, not just because people don't know how to counter enemy picks with appropriate matches, but because they simply would rather play the heros they have the most fun in. In truth, I win more on heros I don't particularly enjoy playing with. Sometimes I like the challenges presented with other heros.

Avva
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 14, 2016 7:28am | Report
Play casual

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » April 14, 2016 3:45pm | Report
Love the draft mode! That's where the game actually begins. A team that can win the draft has a big advantage right out of the gate. Hopefully when you are playing with friends, you draft the most desirable heroes first, even if you don't plan on using them. Thats what the swap feature is for after the draft before you go IG.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Avva » April 15, 2016 8:34pm | Report
playing casual is what I have been doing. It's just a shame the fun was taken out of rank.

Avva
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 16, 2016 1:40pm | Report
Avva wrote:

playing casual is what I have been doing. It's just a shame the fun was taken out of rank.

Stop complaining

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » April 16, 2016 2:19pm | Report
Ok I'm starting to believe draft mode complainers are just stuck up players of Vg or there just our new cancer of VGF. Because in all honesty draft mode is much much better then casual mode and has its own independent strategy to choosing heroes, picking your bans. You can't just go in with a set team, in draft it's about being flexible and being ready to counter teams that have been made on the spot.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved