Vainglory Forums

Has anybody actually got a skin outside of using ice?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 1, 2015 12:08pm | Report
But really though, has anybody gotten one just through matches & purchasing the boxes with glory? I love the look on some of them, they just seem impossible to get ahold of. I guess SEMC just wants us to use ice... Which brings me to another question- do tier 2 & 3 skins cost more ice than tier one skins?

Maybe I'm mistaken, but it seems a little strange that the skins cost way more ice than the heroes. Doesn't seem like a good business concept to overprice the skins. Thoughts one the issue?

Update- this was a pre-crafting thread, the system is great now & I like it. Also, I do know how to get skins, I have a few myself... But thanks to all for the advice lol.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » August 1, 2015 2:40pm | Report
yes me. i got 3 skins through glory . had 175k glory and bought glory box . now i have 30 k glory.

Tonyy
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 1, 2015 2:51pm | Report
Tonyy wrote:

yes me. i got 3 skins through glory . had 175k glory and bought glory box . now i have 30 k glory.

So 145k glory got you 3 skins? Ouch...

Thanks for the info, & congrats on the hard earned skins. I was wanting to do the math on how much glory it would cost to get a skin, so that sure does give me a rough idea of how much it would be. About 48k glory for a skin... Goodness
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » August 1, 2015 3:42pm | Report
As far as I know, Tier 3 skins will not be available to purchase with ICE. Could be wrong, though.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Griss » August 5, 2015 7:59am | Report
I actually think the Skin/ICE thing is good. People can play the game without worrying about being blown out of the water by people who don;t know how to prioritize money.

Instead of buying skills or special heroes that are more powerful than the free ones, you can say "Look how rich I am" by how the character looks, then still get your *** handed to you because you can't play.

P.S. I think the 1.7 patch yesterday is going to go a LONG way towards making skins more accessible. I was nowhere close to getting a skin, and don't spend IRL money on games, but the match let me clear out a ton of cards I could care less about, and now I'm 3 or 4 rare cards short of my first skin.

Griss
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 5, 2015 9:20am | Report
I just unlocked one this morning. With the crafting it is a lot easier, because of this they may remove it though.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DArKThEoRy » August 24, 2015 10:03am | Report
With the new crafting it isn't hard. Just destroy some of those Legendary cards and convert to Essence that you can then use to craft Rare cards. At least that way you'll be able to unlock some Tier 1 skins. I have been able to unlock Tier 1 skins for Krul, Ringo, Adagio and Petal so far.

DArKThEoRy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 24, 2015 7:12pm | Report
DArKThEoRy wrote:

With the new crafting it isn't hard. Just destroy some of those Legendary cards and convert to Essence that you can then use to craft Rare cards. At least that way you'll be able to unlock some Tier 1 skins. I have been able to unlock Tier 1 skins for Krul, Ringo, Adagio and Petal so far.

Yeah, I unlocked my first one about a week ago; the crafting system makes it perfect. Unfortunately this thread was pre-crafting, as you can see lol.
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 25, 2015 10:00am | Report
Yes, I see idiot.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 25, 2015 4:50pm | Report
Yangusbeef wrote:

Yes, I see idiot.

What the heck is your problem? I didn't even mention anything towards you, mainly because you post way too much & you're way too negative? get off of here if you're gonna keep bashing people for no reason
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved