Vainglory Forums

hating on vox

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by HeavyHitter » April 20, 2015 9:29pm | Report
Thanks for the info. The Vox that dominated a match against me in solo-que did in fact use Eve of Harvest and went crystal power. The main problem I had was the fact that Vox in this match was stutter-stepping so well and the attacks were like four or five Vox to my one thunder strike with Joule. So it was very difficult to hit Vox. And this is my main concern about Vox, he just has to many up sides and a lack of limitations by design. Also in this match Vox's team had Ardan and Krul so it was a rough game for everybody on my team. Although I managed to only die six times if that counts as it was a normal occurrence to be ganked 3v1. My teammates didn't fare so well though.
Fav - Joule
Primary pick - Joule
Alternate choice - Taka, krul

HeavyHitter
Quote | PM | +Rep by HeavyHitter » April 24, 2015 2:16am | Report
OMG I am killing my own thread. I just played Vox for the first time after a losing streak and man.
This guy Vox is freaking amazing. Granted I still have to learn his playstyle but I am no longer a Hater. I appreciater... (uh right). But seriously I will now be searching vaingloryfire for vox guides and hopefully I can become a good vox player.
(Sorry Adagio, but I just have to move on. Its not you Its me!)
Fav - Joule
Primary pick - Joule
Alternate choice - Taka, krul

HeavyHitter
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » April 29, 2015 7:31pm | Report
I don't think Vox is OP, but there is one annoying.....glitch?....that I hope gets addressed. While playing as Ardan (opposite Vox), Vox can distance himself out of range while inside the Guantlet too easily. I'm not saying he can avoid the stun while passing through the shield, but if he uses his Sonic Zoom ability at the shields edge, the backspring he does after firing off his too shots carries him to far away to be able to attack. While he is stunned at the shields barrier, his momentum after being stunned carries him out of range. By the time you can reach him, the stun has worn off and he can get away. The stun effect while using Ardan's Guantlet should stun enemies at the shield perimeter. My 2 cents.....
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShanSMT » April 30, 2015 6:50pm | Report
There is no OP character nor WEAK character they all have strengths and weaknesses, they are all balanced SEMC is trying at their very best to keep it that way, you might think Vox is OP but no hero is OP if the player her/himself doesnt know how to use the hero...

Therefore, the reason you think that Vox is OP, is that You keep getting matched with players who really master the hero Vox
IGN: GodlyAssault
Region: South East Asia
Main Hero: Catherine/Koshka/Adagio
Skill Tier: Decent-ish
Karma Level: 3
Wins: 10

ShanSMT
Quote | PM | +Rep by FlakNinja » May 2, 2015 4:47pm | Report
Vox has the shortest range of any ranged hero. That is his disadvantage. A ringo, petal or SAW and just keep pressure on him in the lane to prevent him from farming. I played Vox a few times and it all depends on your items and how well teams play. I would either own or get owned.

FlakNinja
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 000calc1 » May 3, 2015 10:08am | Report
While SAW is not good at higher tiers, at lower tiers you can easily destroy Vox by continuously driving him out of lane, depriving him of gold with SAW. Ringo can also poke him out of lane.

000calc1
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Malgus23 » May 3, 2015 1:06pm | Report
The trick then is to get to high tiers. :)

Malgus23
<Editor>
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 4, 2015 9:51am | Report
I started out playing Vox and discovered very quickly that all the "OP Vox" one comes across is really just a player who is backed by some combination of a good team, good skills, and an understanding of how to choose the correct configuration in response to enemy builds. In other words, everything which the past couple of commenters have mentioned.

To elaborate, Vox himself has paper thin HP. Yes, an EoH gives you near Krul like regeneration in some circumstances (think plenty of resonance, followed by an ult which hits all three enemies on a build with higher crystal base), but the moment you get isolated from your teammates with someone from the enemy who can stun you, you're going down no matter what build you have. In other words, being able to keep your distance (which is made difficult by the fact that Vox has such a short range) is what makes the difference. If you take a quick look at the really good players, they're always hovering on the edge of a gank and very skillfully using their two-hit skills to dash around without actually jumping right into the fight. They're also highly opportunistic when it comes to getting kills, and know not to overextend so much that they're separated from their team.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kaihara_ » May 4, 2015 3:29pm | Report
i usually do a wp vox, and it works well for me. I tradeoff vox's small range for high single target damage and most of the time ringo isnt a threat. ringo can poke but vox's sonic zoom pokes a lot harder. occasionally poking with sonic zoom keeps your enemy more wary and less likely to extend. my advice :)
IGN: Kaihara
Skill Tier: POA Bronze
Wins: 1000+
Main: Blackfeather
Also great with: Glaive, Ringo, Vox, Ardan

Kaihara_

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved