Vainglory Forums

Hero Lifesteal: what is it, when does it count

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by aadams » January 23, 2015 9:58pm | Report
I often wonder what Lifesteal actually means and how it counts. The two items that I know represent the bulk of Lifesteal are: Eve of Harvest and Serpent Mask.

I've hear good and bad about Lifesteal -- is it worth the cost?

A post under Eve of Harvest states:

For the lifesteal to be more effective than just plain health in a team fight, you would need to deal more than 3,000 crystal damage while you are hurt.

That's a little bit unrealistic though, because
A) chances are you will be dealing crystal damage to non-players between fights and heal to full health
B) more health means the enemy can lifesteal more from you
C) more health means you get more hurt from %hp damage, etc.

The cost of the lifesteal is also the same as the cost of the physical lifesteal on serpent mask.

However, because skills can be used quickly, most crystal damage is dealt at the start of a fight, so be sure that you will be dealing crystal damage after you get hurt, otherwise this item is wasted.

It looks like the developers knew this, because they gave this item 25% lifesteal while serpent mask has only 20%.

So does this mean I have to stick with a hero and deal 3,000 of physical/crystal damage for the Lifesteal items to be worth it? Can someone give more explanation and examples?

aadams
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » January 24, 2015 5:18pm | Report
I find life steal to work, but in a slow even matter. As with Skaarf his burn will slowly heal and actually helps a whole lot. I don't think it's intended to be a burst heal of any sort, cuz as you have said, you have to have a whole bunch a crystal power/attack.
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » January 24, 2015 5:30pm | Report
It's more of a life-sustainer rather than a life-saver
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 26, 2015 7:22am | Report
You want life steal to be godlike : that's simple
-Pick SAW
-Build 1 Sorrowblade, 3 Tyrant's Monocle, 1 Serpent Mask and one health Item to protect you
-Pray that the enemy team doesn't counter build your Weapon Power
-If they don't, watch how you wreck their poor heroes.

Why ? Let's break it down. With Sorrowblade and Seprent Mask you'll have +240 in WP, with the 3 Tyrant's Monocle you'll have now 490 in WP, 90% to do critics, with your critics' damage bonus of 190% I believe.
So almost all your hits will be crits, with 12 stacks on SAW you'll be shooting fast as hell and hard as a truck.

I believe the damge is around 400 per hits on heroes, over 1000 on the Vain Crystal or Turrets.
Now, where the lifesteal comes in is because when you do 400 per hit, you'll steal them 20% of 400, so 80 per hit. At that moment you'll be able to kill them fast because of how hard you hit, and they won't be able to kill you because of how muchh lifesteal you have.

Buuuuuuuuut watch out for this build because if you don not 12 stacks or if they build Metal Jacket or Atlas Pauldron, you're screwed
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved