Vainglory Forums

How to defend against triple jungle invade?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by PlexSaber » May 5, 2015 3:54pm | Report
Jensyth wrote:

So, assuming at higher tiers everyone starts with essentially a level 1 team fight/invade, what is your tactic if you happen to have chars that are not ideal for early game (i.e - Krul)?

Set a mine in the bush before engaging the enemy. Then, retreat and lure them into the mine.
Mines do a significant amount of damage at level 1, if you manage to get all three 3 enemies into the mine, it significantly increases your odds of winning the engagement.

On a side note, the flare timings I mentioned are no longer accurate. This is because with update 1.4, the match doesn't start until all players have spawned into the game.

Hence, all players will be able to start moving at 0.00
IGN: PlexSaber
Server: SEA
Guide to Visual Indicators in Vainglory

PlexSaber
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 5, 2015 9:53pm | Report
A lesser known point which has benefitted me tremendously for any kind of jungle invasion: Many like to wait till their HP is low before they start using HP pots. This totally disregards the fact that the pots have a regen which can make the difference in early game where everyone's damage output does not create OHKO scenarios. I find that if I get into a gank, the moment I take a single hit (say half to two thirds of a bar) I hit the pot to allow the regen to help me "tank" the enemy while we wipe them out.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by eagleWithAfez » July 11, 2015 6:35pm | Report
There are usually signs that the enemy might try an invade: If they have a fortress, Koshka, Taka, or someone bought boots.
I main support, and I pretty much always start IGC and scout trap, which I place in our jungle shop brush. If the enemy gets aggresive I always go for the main damage dealer and soak up as much damage as I can. Chances are the enemy will blow whatever they levelled at 1 on me, I just recall or wait for my team to finish up. The number of times we win a jungle invade and I crawl away as Catherine with like 4 hp or something xD
Supportsha OP

eagleWithAfez
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » July 12, 2015 8:44pm | Report
Also if you are a laner and you notice that the enemy laner is not meeting you at the middle... alarm bells should start going off in your head. It could be that they were just slow in getting to the middle, or that they're really all bunching up in the bushes near the gold mine and preparing for a triple invade.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 17, 2015 10:13am | Report
Getting mines f*cks up early invades pretty bad. Other than that, just build aggressive damage items.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved