Vainglory Forums

I have problem with soloq

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Unitur » October 16, 2017 12:53pm | Report
I have played vainglory an year now and I have got really good at this game. I play mainly captain (Fortress, Adagio, Flicker) but I can also play really well jungler (Glaive, Reim) or carry (scaarf, baron).

My skilltier sucks. I'm currently skilltier 4 gold -skilltier 5 pronce. I have tried to get higher for really long time now.

I get bad team over and over again. In about 17/20 game I can clearly say that I'm best player in my team. Still I lose half of my games and cant get higher.

Recently I played with fortress and my KDA was 7/0/13. I blocked catherines ultimates with teamblock, healed teammates with fountain at right time, used vision actively, I had good build, I tried to tell my teammates when to attack and when to retreat (mostly they just ignored me and died). In my mind I did everything correct in that game. And I lost.

All games that I lose go like that, my teammates and enemies are so mutch worse in this game than me, but I have no chance carrying my team to win when my jungler is dying to enemys turret and carry dont have any idea how to lasthit.

I try to play jungler or carry when I can, but even then my captain doesnt even buy fountain in whole match! And when I play jungler my carry just constantly dies to enemy jungler or carry even I say him to be carefull.

Can semc do something to matchmaking? I would really win 90% of my games until skilltier 6-7 if all my teammates were as good as I.

Unitur
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » October 16, 2017 3:24pm | Report
Yeah, the matchmaking system has numerous issues. However, I don't think it can be fixed. The very concept of skill tiers makes the lower tiers awful, so I would suggest joining a team or partying up with a skilled player until you reach a high tier where your allies are actually good.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » October 17, 2017 2:19pm | Report
Even if you did the best on your team, that does not necessarily mean that you are above your current skill tier. I suggest playing with parties and vc(voice chats) often, or, if you can't, helping you allies and rotating often(don't keep on farming if your allies need you!!!) and playing it safe. If you really are carrying your team, then dying will only mean defeat. You can't be too aggressive and shouldn't be diving into a 3v1. Mainly, I suggest asking other players for help and simply just playing more for practice and eventually, you will be extremely skilled(don't forget to think about all of your actions so as to not make dumb mistakes).
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by pernica » October 18, 2017 1:16am | Report
If you really play better than you should based on you current skill tier, eventually you'll find some silled player and befriend him.
There are a lot of high tier players with smurf accounts playing on low tiers.
If you are lucky enough, you can find some experienced players trying to build up a better stats from scratch with a fresh account.
Just keep trying to give your best and you'll eventually find that guy.

BTW, always play SoloQ or Duo.
If you are in a closed team with 3 members, the matchmaking system will probably find a match against another closed 3-members team.
The probability to play against skilled players is greater in 3x3 matches between closed teams than it is in soloQ or duo, regardless the skill tier.

pernica
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » October 18, 2017 7:36pm | Report
Unitur wrote:

I have played vainglory an year now and I have got really good at this game. I play mainly captain (Fortress, Adagio, Flicker) but I can also play really well jungler (Glaive, Reim) or carry (scaarf, baron).

My skilltier sucks. I'm currently skilltier 4 gold -skilltier 5 pronce. I have tried to get higher for really long time now.

I get bad team over and over again. In about 17/20 game I can clearly say that I'm best player in my team. Still I lose half of my games and cant get higher.

Recently I played with fortress and my KDA was 7/0/13. I blocked catherines ultimates with teamblock, healed teammates with fountain at right time, used vision actively, I had good build, I tried to tell my teammates when to attack and when to retreat (mostly they just ignored me and died). In my mind I did everything correct in that game. And I lost.

All games that I lose go like that, my teammates and enemies are so mutch worse in this game than me, but I have no chance carrying my team to win when my jungler is dying to enemys turret and carry dont have any idea how to lasthit.

I try to play jungler or carry when I can, but even then my captain doesnt even buy fountain in whole match! And when I play jungler my carry just constantly dies to enemy jungler or carry even I say him to be carefull.

Can semc do something to matchmaking? I would really win 90% of my games until skilltier 6-7 if all my teammates were as good as I.

As usual, the comment section is full of ********!
Ill explain ya how things really are because i experienced a similar situation as yours!

So first time i started vg i didnt take it seriously at all leaving in the middle of the match etc blah blah...i did it for 1 month and i was like worthy foe gold peak...i wished i was at least t6 considering the t6 peoppe really strong...it felt impossible to rank up!

So i sayd ...**** it im gonna create new account and give all my best play serious and rank! I made it vainglorious bassicaly!

The matchmaker keeps ya in that skill tier probably because of different penalties!

In that old acc that is t4 even the skill tier bars look different...the worthy foe gold bar is very large i think and the worthy foe silver bar smaller and the worthy foe bronze bar is vey little! The matchmaker keeps ya in that skill tier!

Its alot to talk on this subject and i dont have the time to discuss all things!
Just do a fresh new acccount...pick your 3 most comfortable heroes and grind! And dont listen to what these guys say...bassicaly anyone atm in vainglory is noob, even top ones! This game has small player base...so its easy to go top! Top 5k are vaingloruous from probably 50k...this game does not have millions of players...probably not even a million! The competition is low...

I suggest you stay in that skill tier thou! In t4 none pings...low toxicity...you can play however you want and have fun! Above t7 the ******s waves start! People go toxic...you will experience alot of rude pinging, alot of people that trow game, alot of arrogant noob heads and so on!
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » October 19, 2017 11:58am | Report
When someone complains about the game and lies about it cause they're salty :/ Anyway, it is hard to get up in soloq cause of toxic allies like the guy above. Just duo queue with a road flex main imo
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » October 20, 2017 1:07pm | Report
x0xXx0x wrote:

As usual, the comment section is full of ********!
Ill explain ya how things really are because i experienced a similar situation as yours!

So first time i started vg i didnt take it seriously at all leaving in the middle of the match etc blah blah...i did it for 1 month and i was like worthy foe gold peak...i wished i was at least t6 considering the t6 peoppe really strong...it felt impossible to rank up!

So i sayd ...**** it im gonna create new account and give all my best play serious and rank! I made it vainglorious bassicaly!

The matchmaker keeps ya in that skill tier probably because of different penalties!

In that old acc that is t4 even the skill tier bars look different...the worthy foe gold bar is very large i think and the worthy foe silver bar smaller and the worthy foe bronze bar is vey little! The matchmaker keeps ya in that skill tier!

Its alot to talk on this subject and i dont have the time to discuss all things!
Just do a fresh new acccount...pick your 3 most comfortable heroes and grind! And dont listen to what these guys say...bassicaly anyone atm in vainglory is noob, even top ones! This game has small player base...so its easy to go top! Top 5k are vaingloruous from probably 50k...this game does not have millions of players...probably not even a million! The competition is low...

I suggest you stay in that skill tier thou! In t4 none pings...low toxicity...you can play however you want and have fun! Above t7 the ******s waves start! People go toxic...you will experience alot of rude pinging, alot of people that trow game, alot of arrogant noob heads and so on!

I don't understand how you can say that everyone's advise is bad, then proceed to say "just make a new account", when making a new one just makes you start at a lower tier, with no advantages. Sure, you could argue that you would beat a lot of lower tier players, but you'll encounter the same problem when you reach your original tier. Maybe your idea works for some people, but next time I would suggest respecting other players a little bit more when giving your opinion.

Also, you don't have to stay in T4 to play less competitively. Just queue up for a casual match if you don't feel like playing ranked. And T4 can still be pretty toxic imo.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » October 22, 2017 10:29pm | Report
LOL. Someone said T4 isn't toxic. FYI, Tier 4 is one of the most toxic skill tiers in whole of vainglory. That is why it took me forever to crawl out of that.

Also, I have EVIDENCE to prove this. My friend was just beginning bronze when he started to play, and all of a sudden, he was brought up to tier 4. There are many of there cases that people who are just beginning are suddenly brought up to Worthy Foe, so that is why there are so many toxic players in tier 4, who don't even know how to play the game IMO.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Darkrim » November 11, 2017 12:43pm | Report
Unitur wrote:

Bruh... i have the same exact problem...

Darkrim
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved