Vainglory Forums

I need help beating SAW

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by DeathWish » November 2, 2017 4:41am | Report
I need help beating saw
What is the best/most evective way to defeat weapon SAW
I usualy use atlas pauldron but it losses evectiveness on late game
I need answers ASAP
IGN:R9EDeathWish
(capital "R,E,D,W)

Mains:varya-taka-lance-ylva-magnus
I usualy use any carry, but...., MEH

DeathWish
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » November 2, 2017 7:00am | Report
I would recommend to go heavy CC against a Saw(aka a triple stun team) and he won't be able to do any damage and will just get bursted down. Also, Joule can be a very effective counter because if she manages to land her rocket leap, then her teammates and CC chain the saw and Joule herself has very powerful burst damage with critical strike items and can easy burst saw down before he can. However, if Joule can't land it, then she is dead meat.

Also, Celeste is one of the Best counters to saw, even better than Joule perhaps, due to the fact that when ever a team first picks a saw(that happens in pro play), they quickly ban away the Celeste due to her burst from an extremely far range(9 metres) means that Saw can't even reach Celeste before he has to retreat from her enormous poke and burst damage from her stars(supernovas are OP). Celeste can be paired up with Catherine or Phinn(although breaking point food) for some very nice CC chains.

Alpha works okay against a Saw with the proper support(aka crowd control heroes), her burst damage from her Prime directive is quite alot for Saw to handle.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » November 2, 2017 8:41am | Report
Or if you play ringo start with two hourglass and start with your a ability and just keep spamming it to poke him out of lane
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » November 2, 2017 12:03pm | Report
Just make sure you don't engage too long, you either have to try to rush/burst him down, ambush him, or poke him out. If saw is picked first, Skaarf/Celeste are good(can both be on one team but you have to be good at kiting and have a lot of vision. Easiest way is to out vision them(don't be overaggressive and get ambushed tho). Once you get rid of their vision and have your own, you can play it safe and only engage when you're ready to. Best heroes against SAW are Catherine, Celeste, Skaarf, Ardan(double echo can be good for separating and bursting them down), and Reim. Others can work as well, such as Baron(you rely on your B and high lvl ult tho, so only late game), Alpha, Skye, and Kestrel(if they don't have much vision :P) but you have to be very good with them.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » November 3, 2017 5:09am | Report
SAW? Just do whatever the other guys say. Burst the guy down, and watch his spin up. Remember he has attack speed boost when he has it, but also that he loses movement speed as well. Use that to your advantage.
Are you looking for a guild of people to play with?
Then join The 13th Legion!
We are a NA guild that recently went through and purged our guild of inactives, so we are looking for new recruits!

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement
We only ask that you be active at least once every 14 days and to be respectful of your fellow guild members.

To join, send me a PM on VG fire with your IGN, and I'll send you an invite in game.

Join The 13th Legion, WE HAVE COOKIES.

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DeathWish » November 4, 2017 3:31am | Report
Wow tahnk guys i have been playin for almost a year ,and recently every enemy team i encounterd has saw and i got really frustated
IGN:R9EDeathWish
(capital "R,E,D,W)

Mains:varya-taka-lance-ylva-magnus
I usualy use any carry, but...., MEH

DeathWish
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved