Vainglory Forums

In-match chatbox in update 2.9

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by shakeel2300 » September 16, 2017 4:55am | Report
Making a chatbox before the big update 3.0 with 5v5, would give SEMC time to fix all bugs n look at some feedback to appealing to the chatbox. That makes the chatbox just almost perfect when the 5v5 comes out. To all of those who thinks "A chatbox isn't nescessary", well, you need to be more specific when communicating with 4 f*cking players. You can't just use these 4 tiny pings.

shakeel2300
Quote | PM | +Rep by Faey » September 17, 2017 3:04am | Report
I miss the "?" ping. More useful than that little premade chat template.

Like, when I want captain to flare, I select "?" and put at the specific brush. Now I have to say "we need vision", and our Captain be like, "where you mofo?"

Also, when I want to ask if you want to take gold mine, I put "?" and captain know I'm asking if he is ready. Now I have to use Green and Captain goes in with no caution thinking I checked the nearby brush and deemed it safe.

When I want to say where is the enemy team? I use "?" at lane and jungle.

Now I just spam CAUTION symbol to say don't go near every single brush because we don't know where they are.

I used to use "?" when I am Taka and want to backdoor, so Captain know to seek and stall enemy team. But now I must use "PUSH TO WIN" and whole team follow up and we get aced.

@Mowen they seriously need to bring back the "?" Symbol and listen to the players what do they want in their tiny little useless template chat.
Crazy d

Faey
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » September 18, 2017 7:50am | Report
Yes I use the ? For that and... and for telling my team is ******ed
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » September 18, 2017 8:10am | Report
I think the ? was removed because some ppl were spamming it out of anger. It happened to me a bunch. When my team got aced, that one guy would always spam the area like crazy. I wish it was still there though... how am I going to ask my team if they are ready to take the Kraken or Miner?

I think that there are 2 reasons for not having an In text chat.

The first reason would be that while you're typing something in the chat, the game is still running, you could be ambushed and killed while you are trying to talk to your teammates.

Secondly, they are afraid of toxic chats. Sure, we could report them for trolling and rude behavior at the end of the match, but that experience would still hurt the feelings of that person towards the game, especially if that person is a newbie.
Are you looking for a guild of people to play with?
Then join The 13th Legion!
We are a NA guild that recently went through and purged our guild of inactives, so we are looking for new recruits!

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement
We only ask that you be active at least once every 14 days and to be respectful of your fellow guild members.

To join, send me a PM on VG fire with your IGN, and I'll send you an invite in game.

Join The 13th Legion, WE HAVE COOKIES.

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wayne3100 » September 18, 2017 11:44am | Report
Next time you think of something to add to your reply shortly after posting it, please use the edit function (I've combined your messages for you this time around). Thanks :)

Wayne3100
<Staff>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » September 18, 2017 12:02pm | Report
I want in game chat cause it's easier to send messages like "buy shiv to counter healing!". Yes, I know, I can recommend items, but i constantly soloq and my wp carry(lol im probably roaming then)still doesn't get it which is extremely frustrating. Also it would be helpful to communicate more detailed messages, although yeah, you might die while typing but you can't have good things without risks, right?
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » September 18, 2017 2:43pm | Report
Should add a pre assemble chat box called"stop taking my farm."
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yujipooji » October 9, 2017 4:04am | Report
Can there really be no option to type custom messages? Or am i just naive and will this just facilitate trash-talking? Or customize our own ping messages perhaps?

So many things I wanna convey

"pls dnt dive the crystal sentry huhu"
"stop stealing my farm huhu"
"vision on enemy tri-brush pls huhu"
"poison shiv pls huhu"
"huhu"

Yujipooji
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » October 9, 2017 11:37am | Report
They should just add a lot more messages, and probably return the ? ping. A chat box for this game would be too slow, and (as said already in this thread) you could get killed in that time.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved