Vainglory Forums

Krul counter for the intermediate player. -help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Black » January 15, 2015 9:12am | Report
DoudJr wrote:

Honestly, a simple advice if you're new and fear The Mighty Krul, always target him first when you're in a team fight. Why ?
For one reason that is hell of dangerous : read the info of this ability Spectral Smite. You'll see that for each stacks he puts on you, your attack speed will drop as well as your Crystal Power. 10% each time. When he reaches the max of 8 stacks, your attack will be reduced by 80%, your crystal power as well.
So, if you don't kill him fast, he'll have the advantage of a high lifesteal, the reduced attack speed and the reduced Crystal Power. So :

Rule numbber 1 - Always target him first. Except if another enemy is more powerful than him (like if Krul is level 8 and a enemy SAW is level 12, target SAW first.

Rule number 2 - Never try to fight a Krul on a 1vs1 in the forrest. Like never ever. If you try, you'll die. Don't think. If you're alone, run away from him. If you're 2, face him. If it is a 2vs2, target him first. Same for a 3vs3.

What you must understand is that Krul might not appear like it but he is fragile. His lifesteal makes him scary, but he does not have much health as a heroe. Focus him with one or two of your teammates and he'll die fast. I could go in a deeper guide if you wish, with how to make me of him a toy but if you're new you might be lost in all the explanation. Your choice :)

Thanks for every word of this, it is amazing advice.

Black
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 15, 2015 9:13am | Report
DoudJr wrote:

1- A jungle Petal is a dangerous enemy once she reached level 2. Let me explain why :

I haven't seen a good Petal jungle yet. Usually when I see a Petal jungle, they get squashed on the entire game. Not saying it can't happen, but I think it's that most people don't know how to jungle as Petal.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » January 15, 2015 3:40pm | Report
iiBlue wrote:

I haven't seen a good Petal jungle yet. Usually when I see a Petal jungle, they get squashed on the entire game. Not saying it can't happen, but I think it's that most people don't know how to jungle as Petal.

I totally agree with iiBlue. This is some of the craziest reasoning I've heard of. The very reasons DoudJr is saying Petal is great in the lane is actually why Petal is worse. Petals greatest strength is her range, and that is all given away in the jungle. Petal has the longest range of any hero, why would you not exploit this? With so many blind corners and bushes everywhere, it is WAY TOO EASY to gank a ranged player in the jungle. I'll admit there are a lot of nice links and well thought out explanations, but my real experience in 300+ games does not bear his advice out. Petal is terrible in the jungle. Hard to hide in bushes with minions floating around, low armor and health for close quarter 1v1 battles and no stuns to make quick getaways if ganked. When changing targets with petal, her minions can be on the opposite side of your new target which will not allow them to catch your target unless the enemy hero practically stops. Example:

Enemy A on your left. You are attacking him at range and he is killed. Enemy B is on your right and making a getaway. Your minions are running from where Enemy A was and are trying their hardest to get to Enemy B. Your minions will not catch him unless a team mate stuns, or you have Frostburn with superior boots (and their boots are on cooldown). Your minions are almost ALL of your DPS.

This makes battles that have multiple fronts generally hard to pursue weakened enemies with Petal in the jungle. This is only an example and I'm not saying this is always the case. But it is not as easy for Petal like it is for a true jungler. This is only my 2 cents, but I've yet to see anyone own the jungle while playing Petal. I'll go into the jungle while Petal to support a team mate or steal mines, but not to level. Can Petal jungle, sure...i guess. Can Petal jungle well...never seen it or been able to do it. Way more effective in the lane.

As for kiting, it would work great for battles in your own jungle. When you can kite toward your own wall, or turret where there is little chance of an enemy hero coming from behind, it works great. But kiting in the enemy jungle or near the gold mine is EXTREMELY risky. When you pop up on the enemy minimap, it is way too easy for the enemy to get you from behind or from the side and wipe you out.

By all means try to jungle with Petal, but I think this is bad advice.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » January 15, 2015 4:04pm | Report
DoudJr wrote:

2- You say 2 laners is a good thing ? Well, I'll prove it is not.
A developper of this game once said : "If you consider the turret as a fourth player, it is clear to say the lane is safe for your laner even against two laners."
Why ? Because the two enemy laners will keep pushing hard for sure, but their turret won't help them. But your turret will help you to get the last hits and clearing the enemy minion waves faster.
I suppose I don't need to say that the 2 laners will have to share the gold and the experience that was supposed to be collected by knly one of them. So, their supremacy will last for like, 5-8 minutes, after that point their lack of gold and experience will start to re-balance the match.
You say that when you have 2 laners you can easily gank the enemy solo laner. Then you have been facing bad teams because an average team on my Skill Tier (The Hotness) will harass the hell out of your solo jungler, will take all your minions camps, won't stop hitting you hard and starve you. Their cycle should be simple :
1-Harass the enemy jungler (2vs1)
2-Gank the enemy laners (3vs2)
3-Farm
With this scheme, neither you or you laners will have enough gold or experience to face them, the game will be wrapped in like 20 minutes with a very harsh late game for your team. And rest assured that this is the only scheme I see at my level, even when I'm solo queue, should I be on the 2 laners team or the other.
Having 2 laners works hard in the early game for the 2 laners, falls off as hard in the late game. The important thing for the solo laner is to survive the first minutes thanks to his turret in order to not feed them, as he'll have more and more gold advantage on them. Seriously, in all the 2 laners games I had recently, I must only have seen once the 2 laners team win once. You should watch the developpers play time to time and you'll see that they never ever play as 2 laners team. It might work at low Karma or Skill level, but at higher levels it is impossible.

For the rest of what you said, I have no opinions since their your experiences.

I did not say that 2 laners is better than one, only that it all comes down to player ability. If the solo laner is not good and is getting killed, those turrets will go down quick with 2 heroes beating on them. Nothing wrong with what you said, but all your "evidence" that proves me wrong...somehow....falls apart with an unskilled player in the lane.

99% of my games are all PUG's and I'm not part of a group. I'm still in the "Pretty Good" Skill Tier with 19 Karma. I'm not saying I'm great, but I'd say I've played enough games with enough random players to have a good understanding of what I'm talking about.

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » January 15, 2015 4:54pm | Report
For the original question from Black, the reason I asked you about checking the scoreboard during the match was to see if you watched how the enemy Krul was being built. If he is a weapon build, then you want to go with Metal Jacket, Aegis or Steel Pauldrons. If he is crystal build, you want to get Lifespring, Aegis, Kinetic Shield etc.

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » January 29, 2015 12:49am | Report
FederalMafia wrote:

First off, it drives me crazy when I see people jungle with Petal. Might be just me, but Petal alone in the jungle is easy pickings for the enemy, or for me when playing opposite. I primarily play Krul, and with most heroes it really depends on how you play each one of the characters.

I can play petal in jungle....usually lane with her but love to solo jungle her.

If Krul is being aggressive just get that slowing ability....kite kite....boom boom....bye Krul!

Petal is very versatile. I always use Eve Harvest! Get attack speed to live longer through bursts and crystal Power to get bigger heals every time your little guys bite!

ChiTownTino

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved