Vainglory Forums

Maybe It's Just Me...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by LordSkyBreaker » July 9, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Recently I started playing Ranked like most of you all. For some reason or another, every time I tend to play a ranked match, I get paired with players that either 1: Having a bad day/game. It happens. 2: They are making bad Hero choices...synergy wise. Or Z: They aren't really good at team play. Ironic. I know.

For me, I won't say that I carried all of my ranked matches, but a good few. Still, I watch as my teammates make selfish and compulsive decisions that cost us the game. I've even had a game go from in our favor...to MASSIVELY UPSIDE DOWN. All because of bad decisions and poor communication. I went down a skill tier today and now I'm not sure if I should stay in Casual for now until I find a team that I work well with and tackle Ranked that way.

It's not my intention to come off as complaining, but more concerned because I really want to play ranked, but if all I come across are people who don't really take it seriously, do I just cruise Casual and assemble a good team until then? Kind of frustrating.

Is anybody else experiencing this?
I am power made flesh.

LordSkyBreaker
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » July 9, 2015 6:31pm | Report
What skill tier are you currently in? Are you good with multiple heroes to adjust to what your team mates are selecting?
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LordSkyBreaker » July 9, 2015 7:29pm | Report
I was In 3. Yes, I am able to adjust as well. I have 2 heroes per role that I play with in case another is taken: Lane: Vox/Celeste Jungle: Rona/Krul Support: Adagio/Fortress. For instance, as Fortress, I went to support the Krul in the jungle. I had Iron clad and was soon directed to go to lane by Krul. The person in Lane was using Celeste and was doing quite well. I thought maybe Krul didn't understand why I played my Fortress like that. Of course to gain more gold and to health regen. Like Most Fortresses do. So after multiple "?" On me and targets in Lane, I went. Krul then goes on to get demolished in the Jungle the rest of the game. While Celeste and I had to keep coming to his aid, taking the focus off defending the turrets. Of course, this affects the teams gold intake. Of course I was helping Celeste. When possible. Celeste was already doing well and her Heliogenesis was making it hard for me to do my job. So we lost that game. There are other stories as well.

I am not one of those people who solely blame others. I made mistakes as well. However, at this point I have a pretty strong understanding of how the game works and how team-oriented it is. Especially in Ranked. However I seem to be paired with mates who seemingly play like it's Casual.
I am power made flesh.

LordSkyBreaker
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SJboy » July 10, 2015 8:16am | Report
I experience the same thing as you dude and it is fraking frustrating. Every time I make it to tier 6 gold I keep dropping back to tier 6 silver or bronze. And I'm just stuck here like forever. Can't seem to find good team mates too. What tier are you in now?

SJboy
Quote | PM | +Rep by LordSkyBreaker » July 10, 2015 9:27am | Report
SJboy wrote:

I experience the same thing as you dude and it is fraking frustrating. Every time I make it to tier 6 gold I keep dropping back to tier 6 silver or bronze. And I'm just stuck here like forever. Can't seem to find good team mates too. What tier are you in now?

I know right!? Super frustrating. I was in 3 and after the constant losses, I decided to try again and see if I could turn it around. I played Krul, kept leaving the jungle to save lane. I ended up carrying the team because after they saw how I played.....they started to follow me. We lost again and I went to Gold Tier 2. I know I'm better than that, but if your teammates aren't working with you as a unit......the both of us will be stuck for a while.
I am power made flesh.

LordSkyBreaker
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 17, 2015 10:21am | Report
I have same problem. The reason why that is is because you can be matched with players two skill tiers lower than you but not above you, so Imbalanced matches are not uncommon.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LordSkyBreaker » July 22, 2015 9:08pm | Report
Yangusbeef wrote:

I have same problem. The reason why that is is because you can be matched with players two skill tiers lower than you but not above you, so Imbalanced matches are not uncommon.

That makes sense. Never thought of it exactly in that manner.
I am power made flesh.

LordSkyBreaker
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 26, 2015 10:26am | Report
I friend my team and the other team after wards and the other team was higher ranked then me while my team was lower ranked.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » July 26, 2015 10:34am | Report
Also please take into account that a party ( consisting of players that knows each other playstyles) plays well because of the experiences gained from playing as a team. I could be on a higher tier but due to no teamwork some want to be the lone ranger and end up needing help. I don't complain. I suck it up and label you unskilled so I wouldn't have to play with you again. So many strategies and so many different builds for heroes. The choices we make affect the outcome of the match.
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » July 26, 2015 10:39am | Report
Also just FYI...that's why you make friends with people that understands pings, can take and give directions, can make better judgement ( should I jungle while the laner needs help because I see and hear the ping). I created a guild for such causes and we will learn and grow together. We will be feared. Some even have multiple accounts because they do not like losing or even throw a game for their friends to rank up. It is what it is and I know the game will only get better with updates.
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved