Vainglory Forums

New Abilities

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 27, 2016 12:44pm | Report
We've seen some new abilities added to the game with recent character releases. Gwen's cleanse & Lyra's snare. There are many different abilities, obviously, which can effect the game. It got me thinking about what new abilities I think would be neat to see enter the game. Admittedly I've not put much time into considering how drastically these abilities could alter the game since it's just imaginary and I have no influence over the game development.

How about an energy restore? I'd love to see a tanky Phinn type support character with an energy restore. This could be a target specific ability like Adagio's heal, or maybe an energy pool like Lyra's sigil. Perhaps the energy pool could steal energy from enemy's like Lyra's sigil steals health from opponents. Or maybe a burst restore: an ability that pulses out similar to Vox's Pulse and replenishes an amount of energy to all allies in the target area. I think something like this could have a big impact on the meta. Carry players could choose to itemize differently knowing their roam could restore their energy and bypass energy regen items for more defense or greater damage.

What about a revive? I think this would clearly have to be an ultimate with a long cooldown, but how about an ability that could be cast upon the body of a fallen ally that would resurrect them at that spot. In my mind you'd have 10 seconds after they die to use the ability (though there's an argument to be made this would be unnecessary). I think there could be many ways to manage this from becoming unfair. One such way would be to resurrect them with 25% health. Therefore you would have to be picky about when to resurrect them. You couldn't resurrect them in the middle of a team fight or they'd just be quickly killed again. You could do something like doubling the bounty on a resurrected character, so in order to bring back a teammate you are (eventually) giving the other team more gold.

How about a cloaking spell. Yes I know we have characters that can go invisible already, including a Kestrel that can stay invisible as long as she has energy if built correctly. But what if instead of going invisible yourself you could cast a cloaking spell on a teammate granting them temporary invisibility. I think this would add a very unique aspect to the strategy in the game. It could be used at a right time to help a character escape. It could also be used as an engage. It would be difficult to master the timing of such an ability because if you cast it on a teammate who is fighting then their next attack would reveal them, and if they are being attacked an incoming hit would reveal them, much in the way Taka and Kestrel are revealed by the same actions. In such it would be very similar to Samuel's Oblivion in that you can put enemies to sleep, but an errant attack and wake them back up and instantly make the ability pointless.
Maybe it could be a drifting cloud like drifting dark, in which your whole team could be concealed so long as they move with the cloud. Enemies could see the cloud but couldn't see if anyone was in it unless they were also in it, but in order to be in the cloud they would take damage. AoE spells would be a clear counter to this idea, which could help keep it in check. But you could also hide in the brush and cast the cloud as a diversion, making the enemy team think that the cloud was the location of your team, cause them to possibly waste abilities attacking what they can't see. You could also cast it with just one person, likely the roam, in the cloud in an attempt to draw out the opposing team, and thus leaving them in a position to be flanked and ambushed by the other two teammates from the brush. Personally I'd make this cloud immune to the reveal of flares and scout traps, although I'd still make anyone walking over them trigger the scout traps - thus you could know if someone was in the cloud, but not how many.

Just some thoughts. I'd love to hear yours.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » October 27, 2016 1:22pm | Report
I was thinking that instead of an energy restore to a single ally, maybe the hero could have an aura that restores some energy (maybe 25 per second maxed to allies and 10-15 for yourself?) and when the ability is activated, there will be a large blast around the hero that will restore energy to allies and steal energy energy from enemies caught in the blast? The energy blast could increase with crystal power and the passive energy restore could increase with health.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 28, 2016 5:01am | Report
Kinda like what MaxPrime says but instead of an ability, why not a passive? Have a small aura that gives a little bit more speed to that energy regen (not increase the amount gained per second but make it 25% quicker regen) and possibly a little bit more speed to health regen as well. The character could be made out as an Ent to make it seem like it's a tree of life. Wow, I over thought this. But still. That aura could also do like MINIMUM damage to nearby enemy HEROES, but damage the f*** out of enemy minion's and jungle creeps, while also healing friendly minions Slighty. (oh no, I have a complete character forming ATM >.<) Their A ability if they were an Ent Could be an ability that looks kinda like Rona's A abilty except the Ent doesn't jump, it just sends it's branches into the ground and they come out in a medium-sized circle looking like Rona's ability but as branches (I overexplained that, I know). It's B could be could be a seed that's shot out and roots (hehehe) the first enemy hero that's hit. It's Ult could be like Samuel's ult except with poison powder and an EXTREME slow. Oh jesus, I'm so sorry guys. Couldn't help it, I got triggered.
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » October 28, 2016 8:20am | Report
I really like these ideas. The energy regen is something I thought was needed a long time ago and even more now. Maybe even having an item like the fountain of renewal but it would be for energy regeneration instead of an ability. I also think that Grubitsch has a really good idea with the new hero of an ent - the tree of life. This hero would be melee that hits with it's branches. I think that it would be similar to adagio with one of its abilities as a way to increase regen for energy and maybe health. Another ability could be something that brings roots from the ground rooting players for a certain amount of time and the ult could be a big wall of trees to prevent people from going through it and seeing right behind it. This would be about the length of Skye's ultimate when she shoots it in a line. This is also not really the place to be posting this but I've typed up all of my ideas here anyway, so why not. Anyway getting back to the topic, I think that the cloud of invisibility is a cool idea but at the time I am writing this comment, it looks like there is another hero that can go invisible in the making. I think the revive is a really cool idea but even just reducing the respawn timer by near 50% would be great especially late game. This revival could be an item or an ultimate (item cost would be around 1000 - 2000 and the ultimate would be a minimum of 60 second cool down at lvl 3).
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 31, 2016 4:29am | Report
I just realized that the chances of the actual developers of the game seeing this are minimal.

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » October 31, 2016 8:21am | Report
Grubitsch wrote:

I just realized that the chances of the actual developers of the game seeing this are minimal.

This might be true, but Dash (a community manager) or someone like him might actually see it and relay it to the rest of the dev team
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 31, 2016 8:31am | Report
Yeeeeeaaahh, Dash and most of the admins here aren't developers ;-; He's just one of MobaFire network's Community managers. I think the only connection Dash has to the devs is twitter. I know this because I saw some problems within the game and asked him about them and he couldn't do anything about them. If only he could though....

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 31, 2016 9:08am | Report
No but you can retweet it to them.

https://twitter.com/blg3rntbuilds/status/793122222701355008
IGN: BLG3RNT
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved