Vainglory Forums

New Character: Ardan

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ATLAS35 » January 30, 2015 8:00pm | Report
Ive played Him only a couple times and this is what ive gotten from him so far:

1.) Definatley a support/attacker, his vanguard ability is very useful, his perk isnt all that great, not very noticeable but its there. His blood for blood can be very effective if you got the right upgrades.

2.) Upgrades, id recommend not getting any battery seince he has vengeance, not energy. Id work on attack speed and work twords aftershock, seince he builds this vengence and use his blood for blood skill.

3.) His vanguard can be used like takas kaku, use it on yourself and your speed gets boosted and just turn and run. Most importantley, saving allies, come across an ally in a 1-2, jump in with vanguard and you can really turn that situation into your favor. I also like to use it at base on an ally, their running into battle... Give them a little boost 😁

3.) His special Gauntlet move i havent been able to use much but the few times ive used it have been unsuccesful, it doesnt really stun that good and it has alot of hang time in mid air so not for something to jump head into a fight with (atleast from what i have learned). But theres potential.

So after a few matches that is what ive learned so far, if anyone else has things to add about him feel free to reply. Ill make a guide for him once i learn more.
IGN: CaptRedBeard
Skill tier: Got Swagger
Main: Gwen, Idris, Lance
Level: 26
Server: NA

ATLAS35
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 31, 2015 7:46am | Report
I've played him 3 times and what my first opinion is that I find it harder to farm with him. I don't know why, but in the 3 games I played as Ardan with an Ardan on the other side, the 2 Ardans were the ones who had the less farm (around 3000 when all the others were around 6000). With Catherine I farm like crazy, but I have a bit of trouble with him.

Obviously, he needs to be built as a Tank with a bit of WP, but not full WP. I can't say more since I only had 3 games to catch his playstyle.
But I can talk about his gauntlet : I'm sure about 1 thing, his gauntlet is way much more usefull when cast in order to prevent the enemy team from escaping, preventing the enemy from taking your Gold Mine/Kraken.
In the 3 games I played, the enemy Ardan was casting his gauntlet to initiate the team fights, and it wasn't very usefull since none of us were willing to flee since we were full health. I used mine when I saw one of them fleeing, and that is the right use for it. Because they have a choice : get stunned and die, or fight and die. The only way to escape it is a Reflex Block or a Crucible.
Another time I was able to save our gold mine thanks to it :
I was standing in our bush and as soon as I saw the first enemy coming, I threw down my gauntlet, we destroyed him and the 2 others enemies fled.
The devs talked about another thing : if you are taking the Kraken while 1 enemy hero is still alive and you're afrraid that he might steal your Kraken, throw down the gauntlet when the Kraken hit 80% or 90% of its capture ratio. Like that he won't be able to steal it from you.

That's the first impressions I had abut him, we'll see in the future I guess
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PackMan » January 31, 2015 8:34am | Report
Thanks for the post! I do have a question about his vanguard ability. Does the 50% scaling on Ardans bonus health mean it heals the targeted ally for 50% of Ardans bonus health? Or that the shield can absorbe that much damage? If you can add any clarity to this I'd appreciate it.

PackMan
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 31, 2015 9:07am | Report
PackMan wrote:

Thanks for the post! I do have a question about his vanguard ability. Does the 50% scaling on Ardans bonus health mean it heals the targeted ally for 50% of Ardans bonus health? Or that the shield can absorbe that much damage? If you can add any clarity to this I'd appreciate it.

I do not know, but there is one thing that is sure : Ardan's Vanguard do not heal at all.
For the 50% scale, I do not know what it trully means because Ardan base stat health is 1600 hp at level 12, so would that mean the barrier would be 170+800 ? A 970 hp barrier for 3 seconds ? Impossible, at least when I did it in game it didn't give such a barrier. So I do not know what the scale really means...
IGN : DoudJr
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 31, 2015 11:04am | Report
I was thinking that to farm Ardan effectively you will want to lower his cooldown, and the energy is converted to extra crystal power (useful with his blood for blood) allowing you to bash more often.

Honestly, not really sure though since I didn't like my run through with him and so let others enjoy him while I played some favorites (Saw & Ringo) that I don't normally get to play on a balanced team (I generally play randoms).

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 31, 2015 9:11pm | Report
BP, Sorrow and Serpent for attack. Stack the rest with defensive items and you can't go wrong.
IGN: Fenelia
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by HuntressBianca » February 9, 2015 4:09am | Report
By now I have played with him on my team & against him. I think the boxing ring must be taken away from him because you can have 3 enemies and enemy torrent in the ring over and over and the team will auto win every time. Never mind minions, kraken, or anything else.
You're so vain, you probably think this game is about you, don't you?
HuntressBianca

HuntressBianca
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 9, 2015 10:02am | Report
The bonus health scaling is for any additional health Ardan has. So if he has a Crucible, Vanguard gains an additional 350 health to the barrier (which is why almost everyone plays him with a Crucible). It does not take his base stats into consideration.

@HuntressBianca Ardan's Gauntlet really isn't a threat if you have a Reflex Block to get in or out of it. Even with all 3 opponents and minions attacking your turret, they shouldn't be able to take it down in the time Gauntlet is up. Just focus down one enemy at a time, or get Ardan seperated from his team if you keep having trouble with him.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bertolus » February 9, 2015 4:02pm | Report
I played against a team with Ardan today and with this build, he was virtually unkillable, no matter what we threw at him:

This guaranteed his team a sure win. :-(

Bertolus

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved