Vainglory Forums

NEW MAPS???

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Goggle » January 26, 2015 7:36am | Report
Really just wondering if at some point the developers will create new maps. That's something I would really love to see integrated. Instead of constantly playing on one map.

Goggle
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 26, 2015 7:40am | Report
Yes they will, but they have other goals like Spectator Mode, Anti-Spam in Private messages, New heroes, personnal music in-game,...
And moreover, they said that until Vainglory has enough players, they can't make 2 maps :
if they did it, the queue times would become way longer for one of the 2 maps as players would want to play this one and not this one. SO the community has to grow first

Never forget that Super Evil Mega Corp is a little team of Developpers, they don't have the Man-Power to work on 10 projects at the same time
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 26, 2015 9:13am | Report
Echoing what DoudJr said, making two maps would split the player base creating huge queue times for one or both maps (especially if you want a balanced match based on skill tier).

Also, playtesting a new map would take quite some time, and would possibly change the required number of players on each team. 2 lanes could mean 3v3 is no longer possible. You could have 2 laners and 1 jungler, but matches would be longer (assuming turret health/damage output stayed the same). Balancing will become harder becuase of two maps too.

For now, personally, I would rather them focus on heroes, skins, and improving what is already there.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Goggle » January 26, 2015 6:21pm | Report
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you both are saying but if they implemented new maps and just have a voting system in pre-game lobbies (the way most up to date games are doing now i.e. Call of duty), then it would not split the gamer community, and the amount of players playing would not be an issue. You vote for the map presented to you in the pre-game lobby. This way when further down the road if they have 5 maps, you're only randomly given the option of just voting for 2 or 3.

Goggle
Quote | PM | +Rep by InfuriatedBrute » January 26, 2015 7:18pm | Report
Goggle wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you both are saying but if they implemented new maps and just have a voting system in pre-game lobbies (the way most up to date games are doing now i.e. Call of duty), then it would not split the gamer community, and the amount of players playing would not be an issue. You vote for the map presented to you in the pre-game lobby. This way when further down the road if they have 5 maps, you're only randomly given the option of just voting for 2 or 3.

Problems with that idea:

1. It would make the interface more complicated, which isn't a good thing when you're playing on your phone

2. There wouldn't really be a way to have a 5v5, which is really what people are asking for when they ask for a new map.

InfuriatedBrute
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 26, 2015 8:57pm | Report
InfuriatedBrute, I'm not sure that the TC was asking for 5v5 at all. I personally would love a new map for a change in visuals, and possible a change in strategies.

DoudJr, I hope that they eventually implement a random hero option. On occasion I find a teammate (I mainly play randoms) who just skims through all the heroes over and over until settling on one and making that go a little faster would be nice.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 27, 2015 9:05am | Report
Goggle wrote:

I've never actually played CoD :P That would be a good way to alleviate some of the issues, but only if each map called for the same number of players (i.e. all maps were 3v3).

MOBAs are skill based competitions that require you to know the map, your hero, your teammates' heroes, and your opponents' heroes (and more, tbh) to play at the highest competitive levels. Because of this players would most likely opt for queueing for a specific map, leading to the community lop-sidedly playing one map over the other.

If you're getting bored, try a different hero :) or even a different way to play that hero. I used to always play Catherine and Glaive. Then I started trying more of a bruiser Catherine and tanky Glaive. It feels like a whole new game! Plus, I'm trying to learn Ringo (I'm so bad at him that my teammates probably wonder how they got stuck with me xD).
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » January 28, 2015 9:08am | Report
The other option is to "triage" the request in keeping the map functionally the same, but offer a different skin. Miners, minions, and Kraken could all be different characters. Rather than queuing for the map, the map is randomly selected after the 6 players lock in characters. Just a thought.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by shiftycent » January 28, 2015 9:49am | Report
Or additions to the current map
Like something above the lane or bellow the jungle

shiftycent
Quote | PM | +Rep by Goggle » January 28, 2015 1:09pm | Report
I'm not tired of this game at all. I just hope it keeps its momentum as I love this game very much.

I'm very confident that the developers are talented and intelligent in designing new maps that can include similar layouts like minion mines and lanes but require different strategies. Or maybe different monsters, stronger minions that require more than one Heroe earlier in the game to defeat, multiple lanes, two different monsters (an alternate to the kraken) that has different abilities. Different strategies that require the team to cooperate together, fight together and sometimes forcing them to separate for the sake of a win.

Goggle

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved