Vainglory Forums

New to MBA MOBILE

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by L3DDY » January 19, 2016 4:10am | Report
Okay I'll keep it short I'm new to mob games, and would like a breakdown on the different positions and roles in Vain glory and which I would best fit in, I like being where the action is but I do not like dying rapidly. I like being far from enemies but it that's mainly carry and I've tried carry and I was okay but I do the builds are starting to confuse me more, and could I have ever a build break down from WP AND Cp

L3DDY
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » January 19, 2016 4:45am | Report
Typically, in Vainglory, since there are only 3 players a side, it comprises of a Laner, Jungler, and a Roamer. The Laner farms in the lane, the Jungler farms in the jungle, and the Roamer simply supports both players, and earns gold through the Ironguard Contract. You can learn more from the in-game tutorials.

As for how you described, the Junglers and Laners are normally the ones trying to avoid damage while the Roamer, which is the more tanky one, is typically the one in the enemy's face. However, all these come down to teamwork and coordination of skills. A great team can completely dominate another.

Junglers can help to gank enemy laners, and Roamers are there to protect the team and initiate fights

As for item builds, WP builds focus on increasing the damage of basic attacks, CP builds focus on increasing the damage of abilities. As a general rule of thumb, most guides here on VGF should be decent to simply follow, but reading them and understanding each hero is always better.

TL;DR If you don't want to die rapidly, work on learning how to survive, and playing with your team
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SchlundVG » January 20, 2016 2:23pm | Report
Atsurvius wrote:

Typically, in Vainglory, since there are only 3 players a side, it comprises of a Laner, Jungler, and a Roamer. The Laner farms in the lane, the Jungler farms in the jungle, and the Roamer simply supports both players, and earns gold through the Ironguard Contract. You can learn more from the in-game tutorials.

As for how you described, the Junglers and Laners are normally the ones trying to avoid damage while the Roamer, which is the more tanky one, is typically the one in the enemy's face. However, all these come down to teamwork and coordination of skills. A great team can completely dominate another.

Junglers can help to gank enemy laners, and Roamers are there to protect the team and initiate fights

As for item builds, WP builds focus on increasing the damage of basic attacks, CP builds focus on increasing the damage of abilities. As a general rule of thumb, most guides here on VGF should be decent to simply follow, but reading them and understanding each hero is always better.

TL;DR If you don't want to die rapidly, work on learning how to survive, and playing with your team

This sums it up quite well.

I suggest searching for the hero that fits you most, and try to master him/her by constantly playing it. Also try to follow the team pings, some people get pissed easily when you don't follow them. It's just a tip, because some of my random mates are really getting pissed if I try to stay out of a teamfight because I am low life or something.

Also maybe watch some vainglory YouTube videos, you can find pretty decent item builds, team comps and stuff there. A channel I suggest is "Vainglory - Rumblysuperset". Another thing are streams by experienced players such as "ShinKaigan" or eSports players. Speaking of eSports, there are various tournaments hosted, and if there is a stream of one of them, just go and watch a few matches, the matches are often on a high level and pretty intense, worth a watch and maybe just tryna do things they do, haha.

Greetings!
Casual player. Since a long time.
553 wins.
Highest tier achieved: 6 Bronze

SchlundVG
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » January 21, 2016 6:11am | Report
Start with a hero you like and get good with them, but if you start climbing to higher ranks you need to be able to play all roles.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved