Vainglory Forums

Noob problems.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Do you think vainglory should add a noob tracker and put noobs in a separate queue?
Yes because I keep losing matches because of noobs
No because it might make the matchmaker slow.
Yes because I'm a noob and I'm tired of getting stuck with pros and having them rage on me.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » June 17, 2017 10:33pm | Report
It's kinda weird how there is a noob tracker, it's called a ranking system, yet here we are discussing if they should have one. It's also kinda weird how everyone else had to somehow get through all these same problems. At the first couple of tiers you really have to throw out "how to play" and just play.

While I was over in London for the Unified Championships I started a new account on the EU server. I remember one match I played at Tier 1, I had one teammate go AFK, and another trolled the whole match in the base placing scout traps. When it was said and done I was 27-2 on Koshka and won the match.

Yes I'm T7 against T1s, but the point is when you're good enough to rank up it'll work itself out.

My 12 yr old is almost through T1 into T2. Know how? Because she doesn't worry about "how to play" she picks a character she's good at and they all run around spastically with no real concept of strategy.

Point is that while yes you may have taken some time to study the game and how it's "supposed to be played" what you're falling to recognize is that different tiers have different "how they are supposed to be played".

T1 & T2 is supposed to be played by picking your best character and doing everything you can to carry your team.

And for those who think it stops, think again. I had a match at the T7 level a few days back with someone who insisted on going Roam Skye. Not even in a good way.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LicenseToKill » June 18, 2017 2:08am | Report
Yeah, I guess I'm not a pro. But For my level, I should at least have a skill tier of hotness. Its just that there are people who lack the basics. The problem here is that you get XP even when you lose, so then noobs can still reach high levels if they play a lot.

LicenseToKill
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ItsLegitBuilds » June 18, 2017 3:24am | Report

Yeah, I guess I'm not a pro. But For my level, I should at least have a skill tier of hotness. Its just that there are people who lack the basics. The problem here is that you get XP even when you lose, so then noobs can still reach high levels if they play a lot.

The worst part is when you get Hotness and teammates that are only there because of their friend and wanna be superman carry with lowest kill FML......

P.S. I'm not a Pro too :)
To seek the unknown
Hate it! or Love it!
Mediolasin.

ItsLegitBuilds
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » June 18, 2017 8:12am | Report

Yeah I don't think anyone can help you as long as you have the opinion that you are a T1 but should be a T7 but its everyone else's fault
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » June 19, 2017 7:01pm | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

Yeah I don't think anyone can help you as long as you have the opinion that you are a T1 but should be a T7 but its everyone else's fault

I have to agree with you here. I had the same mind set back then. But now looking back from where I am to where I was, thinking i belonged much higher... I realize that I really did belong where I was until I was able to rank myself up. I picked up a lot of little tips and tricks from people higher than me and even just watching how the pros do the little things that might go against the meta. If you really believe that you should be higher in rank... you will be able to get there by being good enough to carry your team to victory. Do everything you can to get the gold lead for your team and win or lose, as long as you learn something from it -- it is still a victory. It is the things you learn that will carry you and your team to the win. I know that was a little repetitive but I really wanted to stress that point because I was in the same boat a couple years ago.
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved