Vainglory Forums

Phinn's Anchor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CvmDumpster » March 5, 2016 7:44pm | Report
Anyone have a list of items and/or abilities that can prevent being drug back by Phinn's anchor?

I was under the impression that Blackfeather's ult would block it, but it definitely didn't. Now I'm kinda curious as to what does block it.

CvmDumpster
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » March 5, 2016 8:56pm | Report
Blackfeathers ult DOES block it, or more accurately dodges it, it's just really hard to time. Other abilities include Taka's Kaiten and Koshkas ult while she is traveling to her target, and SAW while rolling backwards from his knife.
Only items are Aegis, Reflex Block, and Crucible.

Untested but possible, Ozo while ulting and, very unlikely but still possible, Phinns passive, but I'm sure someone will correct me on this.

BTW, Phinns ult works in a strange way, while the anchor is being thrown and landing, IT IS JUST A VISUAL EFFECT, AND HAS NO IMPACT IN ANY WAY. After the anchor has landed and is being drawn back to its origin, THEN it becomes an ability you can block. Keep that in mind.
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 5, 2016 11:39pm | Report
Reflex block is the only ITEM in the game which can block Phinns ult. Hence any item that has a build path with reflex block can block Phinns ult. Example: Aegis and Crucible.

All the abilities Zues has mentioned are on point and I can't seem to think of any other abilities that can dodge Phinns ult. Well the koshka ult point is correct but phinn can actually drag people out of koshka's ult, and even though this isn't a valid point keep in mind it's a horrible combo to put phinn with koshka without some decent communication.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CvmDumpster » March 6, 2016 1:10am | Report
ZuesAwoken wrote:

Blackfeathers ult DOES block it, or more accurately dodges it, it's just really hard to time. Other abilities include Taka's Kaiten and Koshkas ult while she is traveling to her target, and SAW while rolling backwards from his knife.
Only items are Aegis and Reflex Block.

Untested but possible, Ozo while ulting and, very unlikely but still possible, Phinns passive, but I'm sure someone will correct me on this.

BTW, Phinns ult works in a strange way, while the anchor is being thrown and landing, IT IS JUST A VISUAL EFFECT, AND HAS NO IMPACT IN ANY WAY. After the anchor has landed and is being drawn back to its origin, THEN it becomes an ability you can block. Keep that in mind.

I know the timing is tricky but i was dashing (whatever the animation is for blackfeathers ult) while being drug back. It looked super weird. I definitely didn't start the ult too late which is why I was in complete shock, but assumed thats just the way it worked. Now I'm kinda pissed haha

CvmDumpster
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZuesAwoken » March 6, 2016 7:26am | Report
Well, your problem could be that the ult isn't a continuous effect, once the anchor hits you, your going back to Phinn, no matter what. Think of it like Koshkas ult, once she is acually on top of you dealing damage, you can't Reflex Block out of it. Once phinns anchor affects you, theres no going back...(pun intended)
Highest Rank So Far: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Current Rank: Pretty Good ~ Gold
Lane: CP Skaarf, WP Ringo, and Taka
Jungle: CP Skye, WP Ozo, WP Joule, Taka
Roam: Cath, Ardan, Taka
Main: TAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKATAKA

...SUPRISE *****!

ZuesAwoken
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireWolf250 » March 8, 2016 5:55am | Report
ZuesAwoken wrote:

Only items are Aegis, Reflex Block, and Crucible.

As a Phinn player I know that phinns passive will block it. You will instead get moderately slowed. So we knonw for sure that ability does in fact stun the person you hit.
IGN: FireWolf250
Laners: CP Skaarf, CP Phinn, CP Adagio
Junglers: None
Supporters/Roamers: CP Adagio, CP Shatterglass Phinn
You think I have to much CP!? That's what AC is for!

"Everyone has multiple personality disorder, its called having emotions." -Anonymus

FireWolf250
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireWolf250 » March 8, 2016 5:58am | Report
ZuesAwoken wrote:

Well, your problem could be that the ult isn't a continuous effect, once the anchor hits you, your going back to Phinn, no matter what. Think of it like Koshkas ult, once she is acually on top of you dealing damage, you can't Reflex Block out of it. Once phinns anchor affects you, theres no going back...(pun intended)

I thought if you Reflex Blocked while in Koshka's ult you would get rid of the stun and be able to walk out. I'm pretty sure I have done that a few times.

"Everyone has multiple personality disorder, its called having emotions." -Anonymus

FireWolf250
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 8, 2016 12:48pm | Report
Nope, you can't reflex block inside of a effect like a stun to cancel it, you can reflex block to stop a new imposing effect like another stun but it won't stop the already effecting one.

Example, koshka ults you, you get hit and reflex block halfway through the ult, the reflex block halfway through the ult saves you from a incoming silence from Catherine's ult but doesn't free you from koshka's stun.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireWolf250 » March 9, 2016 6:10am | Report
Okay, mebbe i was just confused from all the effects going on in the fight..

FireWolf250
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved