Vainglory Forums

Player that wouldn't play but kept running around to avoid afk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by tuonela » January 20, 2015 5:06pm | Report
[insert player name here] kept running around but would not help. Did this to avoid being AFK. If players aren't making any kills, or using any of their abilities, they should be marked as AFK.

tuonela
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 20, 2015 6:46pm | Report
No
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 20, 2015 7:22pm | Report
No. I like running around in the Jungle, looking at the sky, because it's nice and shiny.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spicoli » January 22, 2015 12:52pm | Report

No

No, this is worse than an AFK. This is intentional sabotage, effectively making the game a 4v2 (you know the cliche, if you aren't with us...). This just happened to me, courtesy of our Saw. Just sat and ran around the basecamp the entire game. What a peach.

Spicoli
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Longcock » January 22, 2015 7:41pm | Report
I have done this in random que. Maybe he felt you were working against him, so he decided to throw the fight.

Arguments are always two sided as both parties will think they are correct. Chances are he felt fed up and hard done by his team aswell.

I have played a match where right at the start my so called teammate enters the jungle and starts killing mobs im attacking and taking gold. All the while pinging me. Even when I left the mob cause he would start to try and kill steal, he would just leave it and follow me to my next targeted mob.

Needless to say after the first 4 minions on our base side i just teleported to spawn and planted mines on our spawn and declining all surrender attempts untill the enemey pushed out crystal.
I was no better then him teammate wise but I felt he was looking for the reaction.

Longcock
Quote | PM | +Rep by Archibear » January 23, 2015 6:08am | Report
I think if your so disgruntled by other players playing then you should abandon the match. Then eventually you will be in the queue with everyone else that thinks this way.

Have a Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy Day!
Play for keeps, play tough, but always play for fun. When it's not fun... stop!

Archibear
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spicoli » January 23, 2015 8:24am | Report
Hmm...I guess I expected a response, what with the incessant complaints about AFKs in this forum. However, I definitely didn't expect anyone to come to the defense of a basecamp camper.

I can say for certain that neither my other teammate or I worked against him...as he never even left the camp, we didn't have a chance to. So, either he did it because a) he had friends on the other team, b) he was grumpy over one of us picking his main before he had a chance, or c) I dunno, for kicks? I know how frustrating it is when the team (for whatever reason) doesn't gel. But I don't want to abandon because then I'm the jerk for leaving our third in the lurch.

I think this game's a blast. I think the fact that 3 strangers can communicate and execute a strategy using nothing more than a series of red, green, and blue pings is fascinating. To me, all the little attempts at cohesion within the match are more fun than ultimately winning. So when someone tries to derail their own team, it's like "dude, why you trying to take the jam out of my donut?"

Spicoli
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jCHall » January 26, 2015 7:22am | Report
That may have been me. I often get lost just gazing around at the pretty colors and traces in the air whenever I'm using Crystal Infusion. Sorry, it's so hard to focus and time seems to creep by in slow motion that I must not have realized how long I was doing that.

Also, it could be because... uh. What were we talking about? Hey, do you see those cool streaks of color too? Wow.

jCHall
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 26, 2015 8:35pm | Report
jCHall wrote:

That may have been me. I often get lost just gazing around at the pretty colors and traces in the air whenever I'm using Crystal Infusion. Sorry, it's so hard to focus and time seems to creep by in slow motion that I must not have realized how long I was doing that.

Also, it could be because... uh. What were we talking about? Hey, do you see those cool streaks of color too? Wow.

Yes, yesss that's it! More shiny stuff (^_^)
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 27, 2015 10:52pm | Report
Spicoli wrote:

No, this is worse than an AFK. This is intentional sabotage, effectively making the game a 4v2 (you know the cliche, if you aren't with us...). This just happened to me, courtesy of our Saw. Just sat and ran around the basecamp the entire game. What a peach.

I say no because there is a surrender button for a reason. I hate surrendering with a passion but if I am the one with the most kills and my team mates are dog sh*t you better believe I am not leaving the base. Then there have been times where I have dragged teammates kicking and screaming to the finish line. But there are times when the opposite team is just too good. I can be an adult and admit that.

What I cannot stand is players like you that say, "if he is not playing the way I want him to play then ban him." Sorry man, but if you don't like the way people play then get some friends and play with them.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved