Vainglory Forums

Skye needs a nurf(a real nurf)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » August 22, 2016 12:31pm | Report
don't you find it ridiculous how all skye players the cowards,yes cowards and noobs,b ability is making her immune to root,here B ability range wene it uses it is so ridiculously big and her 100% cooldown is more ridiculous its impossible to touch this clown and if you tell me to "don't follow this clown" well i am not,this clown is invading the jungle,fix her damn fast cooldown since her A ability is so annoying

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by VGguidebuilder » August 22, 2016 3:22pm | Report
She can be easily countered by assassins such as koshka and Taka, which have the mobility to dodge her A. Bursty Warriors such as Glaive are also good choices. Skye has a high skill cap, so I think she is not OP, but just used in the hands of a skilled player at that time.
Mains: Skye, Kestrel, Celeste, Rona, Glaive
Not a roam main but I can fill any position.
Server: SEA
IGN: message me and I'll decide whether to give it to you ????

VGguidebuilder
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » August 22, 2016 4:05pm | Report
I do find her a little OP- pro Skye players are often the hardest to shut down, & she can, if played right, do some serious harassment in the jungle or lane. Probably one of the strongest characters in the game imo. As said above though, players like koshka & also vox make for really strong counters; I don't recommend taka since he's so easy to take out after his initial hits.

Not sure how you'd nerf her without making her underpowered- I do like how she creates a different side of the game with how she counters hard on players like krul & Catherine (who are usually very hard to counter). Would like to see maybe a slight damage reduction on each ability
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » September 27, 2016 7:11am | Report
Okay. Skye is not OP. I main three characters:(in order) SAW, Krul, and Taka. I can always take her out with SAW and Taka but never Krul. She is super easy to kill even with her fast cooldowns because my Taka has even faster cooldowns than her. I can easily melt away her health and bring her crashing down. My saw build is so super powered that(depending on her armor/shield) I can shoot her down in about five to ten seconds depending on my criticals and my spin up level. My crystal SAW build is an easier and more hilarious way to bring her crashing down, because when she hits her A ability she has to stay in a straight line, which means I can just lay down suppressing fire and watch her health drain and finish her off with Roadie Run. Krul is no match for skye because she can just gun him down every single time. There is no fight in that. But no, Skye is not OP.
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » September 27, 2016 9:42am | Report
Grubitsch wrote:

Okay. Skye is not OP. I main three characters:(in order) SAW, Krul, and Taka. I can always take her out with SAW and Taka but never Krul. She is super easy to kill even with her fast cooldowns because my Taka has even faster cooldowns than her. I can easily melt away her health and bring her crashing down. My saw build is so super powered that(depending on her armor/shield) I can shoot her down in about five to ten seconds depending on my criticals and my spin up level. My crystal SAW build is an easier and more hilarious way to bring her crashing down, because when she hits her A ability she has to stay in a straight line, which means I can just lay down suppressing fire and watch her health drain and finish her off with Roadie Run. Krul is no match for skye because she can just gun him down every single time. There is no fight in that. But no, Skye is not OP.

Why are you dragging this back up

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » September 29, 2016 5:32am | Report
Probably got rekt by a good Skye player lol.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » October 11, 2016 3:00pm | Report
what some of you don't understand is that not all players use koshka or taka,i am saying that her ability cooldown needs to be nurfed she can use her abilities many times in same run,then comes her B ability and the bs o 100% cooldown and her big push range when she uses her B ability she gets pushed a very far distance so she always spam A and B and you cannot catch her

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 11, 2016 3:38pm | Report
Well reading your original post I have to disagree. If you are getting wrecked by Skye, it's likely not by a noob. Skye is one of the easiest characters to defend against if she isn't used by a skilled player. Her A attack is fairly easy to dodge, especially when used by someone who isn't skilled with her. I think you probably also need to give some credit to the players you are playing against. This is the second thread you've posted about a character needing a nerf because you are having trouble matching against them. Personally I typically have very little issues with a Skye. Occasionally I'll get wrecked by one, and you know what, that's a player who has put in significant time learning to use her. When I play Skye I usually suck, because I haven't spent a lot of time using her. She doesn't match my play style well. So it's not like there is a hero who is just so amazing that if you pick them you win.

I'm fairly dominant with Samuel, some will say he's OP. He's getting a nerf in the upcoming 1.23 update because of players feeling that way. But you know what, I've seen much more awful Samuel players than I have seen great Samuel players. It's the player using the character, not the hero, who is dominant.

I think perhaps a better approach for you might be to describe your play style, tell us which characters you are using, perhaps what your typical build is, and we can try to tell you how to counter the heroes you are having problems with. There isn't an all encompassing solutionon how to counter a character. For example, if I'm playing Samuel against a Skye, I'm going to kite her all day long. Malice & Verdict have a greater range than forward barrage does. That longer reach also ensures I stay out of her Target Lock range so she can catch me with Suri Strike. But just because I say that doesn't mean doing it is easy. It takes practice. It take anticipation, and proper positioning.

My advice is for you to stop blaming the character and their stats. I honestly don't know what outcome you'd hope for. Do you just want them to nerf every character you have an issue with until you can beat them? That's truly not the answer. The answer is learning how to counter them. Improving your skill. Practice. Some times the answer is your teammates. It's all situational.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lycaon » October 12, 2016 3:40pm | Report
I actually believe that widespread knowledge of countering, item purposes and the technical know-how of how to play a character also determines on whether or not a character is OP.

Lyra and Kestrel were example of OP characters, simply because of their unnatural game changing abilities. Before her nerf, being blown up inside Kestrel's active camo meant you are dead, regardless of the amount of defense you built, if you blocked it, if you're at full health, and even if you are a full tank roamer with all the conditions i just mentioned. You'll get stunned and blown up, three more arrows piercing through all team members, and whoever is still alive will get taken down by her ult. My friend got double digit kill counts with no deaths the first time she played her after her release. Lyra had a slow for a basic attack, a first skill that heals, gives run speed, blows up in the enemies face and gives run speed. Her second skill was a 4 second barrier that stopped anything that causes movement. You an Ardan caught in it? Heh, rip bro. I'm not even going to talk about her third. I just buy a clockwork and Halcyon chargers. Who needs war treads, right? These guys are OP, simply because before their nerf, they couldn't be countered. Even the world's best competitive found them overwhelming to deal with.

Krul and SAW were never OP characters, even though once people thought so, because they never underwent a "major" nerf point. Why? Simply because no one knew what the Atlas Pauldron was. After people knew? They became food after being atlased. RIP. This is an example of how the knowledge of countering certain heroes cause them to lose their status as "OP".

Petal - She wasn't meta. That was it. All her changes, all her buffs and nerfs, no one called her OP, no one called her weak. The same friend who blew people up as Kestrel didn't think so. He was a Petal main. Yes, Petal MAIN. As a laner, jungler or roamer. Double cp on one team? Who cares? Get a Broken Myth. Problem solved. No one knew how to counter her. Sure, she was squishy. Sure, her munions are her primary damage source. Sure, Vox can resonance her pets, Ozo could bounce on her and Adagio outranges her. But how many people know? She doesn't have a counter. But hey, she doesn't need to be, right? Unless the VGL players pull her out during the World League, no one will truly know her power, and no one will know her weaknesses too.

Lycaon
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » October 13, 2016 9:23am | Report
In the right hands, anyone can be op

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved