Vainglory Forums

Thoughtful fix to broken tier system

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Djmikewhite » April 21, 2015 2:20pm | Report
How about instead of rating by the match, you rate by players K/D/A???

Seeing as I finally make it up to not-bad (which I know I am a lot better than, it's just my queues are horrible) and then go on a big losing streak (again) and get bumped down. Literally my last game I was 10/7/3. I had a teammate who was 0/11/0 and another who was 3/14/2

I solo'd&d lane vs 2 opponents while my teammates got destroyed in jungle by a single opponent, but yet since we lost I got punished for playing well. It isn't that hard to change coding to rate by players KDA either, I have a buddy who could probably code it overnight using templates he already has made from work.

Seriously, this needs to be fixed so that I can play with players that are my skill level, right now I'm trying to suffer through objectiveless noobs who can't figure out what their abilities even do.
VAINGLORY | LEAGUE
IGN: Djmikewhite | IGN: Djmikewhite
Region: North America | Region: NA
Main Hero: Petal, Ardan, SAW | Main: Sona, Soraka, Warwick
Skill Tier: Getting There (Gold) | Ranking: Silver 4
Karma Level: 13 | Twitch: dj_mikewhite
Wins: 119 | XBONE: djmikewhite

Djmikewhite
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » April 21, 2015 8:43pm | Report
Would you like if no one will play tank or support? If so you shoul probably play counter strike

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Djmikewhite » April 21, 2015 11:31pm | Report
I prefer playing support, which is what makes my stats even more depressing in these games. In League my main role is support, in here I usually am arden or petal support. I just dislike that I can do extremely well, yet my rank keeps dropping further and further because of people not listening to pings, not grouping, feeling they are the best player and soloing a full team. If it was set to KDA, you get say +2 per kill, +1 per assist, and -1 per death. So those going 0/11 will drop dramatically while when I have games where I go 3/3/21 I'll end up being +24. It will encourage teamwork and role changing for those who aren't good at the game as they are playing, also it will separate the experienced players from the inexperienced faster.
VAINGLORY | LEAGUE

Djmikewhite
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » April 22, 2015 1:48am | Report
Just team up with good laner and jungler and go up in ranks.
For support it is probably a bit more difficult than for laner, but I think it is about 1 tier difference. So if you think your skill level is at Hotness/SA you should be able to get to PreHotness/SA on individual skill on your support.
Then you should start to team up.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » April 22, 2015 8:06am | Report
matching based on K/D/A is the worst idea it will be great for carries but what about the supports huh we dont get any kills we dont kill any creeps we keep the team alive so that will destroy us
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by polabear » April 22, 2015 8:42am | Report
so true, especially when the support is attracting enemy fire and dead first which is a good thing because your teammate can easily take down enemy team ranged hero without being hurt. But as a support, a great support with high contribution to the team, his skill tier even drops after the match, that's not fair.

polabear
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Djmikewhite » April 22, 2015 10:32am | Report
Read my second post.... where i said you get a +1 for assists. as support I easily get a lot more assists than deaths, which is what should be done as support. you heal teammates, buff teammates, soak damage, and assist in kills. I'm not saying matchmaking by KDA, I'm saying skill tier by KDA. that way you face enemies and play with teammates who have higher skill as well, making for more intense and fun games.

K = +2 points each

D = -1 point each

A = +1 point each

If you are dying more than assisting, build some defense and turn the tide.

League has a bit more intense version of this algorithm in their ranked placements. Because despite the fact that I lost 6 of my 10 placements, I was placed into gold 3 rank. My buddy who played every game with me was placed into silver 5. Gameplay is a much better way to place someone over wins/loses.
VAINGLORY | LEAGUE

Djmikewhite
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » April 22, 2015 9:05pm | Report
So in even team fight, your tank does a good job and soak damage but dies (he gets -1 for death, +3 for assist), your support does a good job and dies (-1 for death, +3 for assist). You do a good job, but survive mostly because of your teammates (you get +6 for kills).
So your teammates get +2, you get +6. You start to play as party of 3 and in 10 games you are Hotness, the are 2 tiers lower.

Sounds fair?

And it is especially true for low levels, when you can just almost 100% survive as sniper even building pure damage items. I finish most of games with stats like 17/2/2 or 15/0/3 in low tiers and there is no way I give those frags to support or tanks even if they are my teamies. So they wouldn't be able to level up as fast as I do.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Djmikewhite » April 23, 2015 12:12am | Report
It sounds more fair than the 10/11/18 I went earlier today and we still lost because the adc decided to build horribly.

It is a plus for those who get kills, its a competitive game, but shouldn't punish for teamwork when the rest of the team cant follow through. If you are in a premade team, I'd hope they would work together to help everyone, so some games player 1 plays support, in some games player 2 plays support, ect ect. I dont play with anyone because my schedule is chaotic due to college, business meeting, girlfriend, and other duties. Solo queue is pretty bad in my tier
VAINGLORY | LEAGUE

Djmikewhite
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Devanicus » April 23, 2015 9:42am | Report
It's a bummer when teammates fall through in solo que, but I believe that's why we have these forums. You want to rank up? Find a team here of people your skill to party with, or try finding a guild to play constantly with. Don't blame the system, instead find a way to work said system to your favor.
IGN: Devanicus
Karma Level: 14
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Catherine
Secondary: Saw, Krul, Glaive & Skarf

Devanicus
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved