Vainglory Forums

Thumbing down opponent players?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » April 4, 2015 11:22pm | Report
I won 6 matches in a row, but my "skill tier" dropped,
so the system allows for abuse.

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atticusfunk » April 5, 2015 12:00am | Report
Here's how I treat the thumbs up/down buttons: If you played fair and you didn't abandon your teammates, I'll probably upvote you. If you played and one of your teammates abandons the match, I'll probably upvote you. If you spend the entire match gold farming or using the communication buttons in an annoying way (i.e., I watched a guy spam another player with dozens of question marks every time he died), I'll definitely downvote you. If you abandon or seem to go dormant for a long period of time, I'll downvote you.

Anyone think of a better or more fair system?

Atticusfunk
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tywin » April 5, 2015 3:38am | Report
The problem is that the dude who does all the wrong things you mentioned probably thinks he is doing ok, and he is the one that will down vote everyone else. So the voting can easily be manipulated in the wrong direction even if you think you have done nothing wrong.

Tywin
Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterKdz » April 5, 2015 6:06am | Report
Is it really possible that your skill tier flunks when someone downvotes you?
IGN: MasterKdz
Region: North America
Skill Tier: PG(s0) or PG(s1)
Main: Koshka , Krul , Taka , Glaive , Petal , Vox , Rona , Fortress or Joule
Wins: 553 and counting
Team: KillHouse
Position: Jungle

We knock on your door, we beat the **** out of you, and leave blazin'
Team KillHouse, at your service.

MasterKdz
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » April 5, 2015 2:46pm | Report
MasterKdz wrote:

Absolutely.

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » April 5, 2015 3:28pm | Report
MasterKdz wrote:

No, I don't think that's what's suppose to happen. So I'm not quite sure what's going on.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 6, 2015 6:26pm | Report
So if I WIN a game and my skilltier was "pretty good gold" and I am supposed to uplevel to "the hotness bronze", but my teammates or other players DOWNVOTE me at the end of the game, I get a skilltier drop instead of increasement?
I don't think so.
As far as I have understood the ranking is only good for rating the reliability of other players with no affect on your skilltier level. Similiar to the Karma system. Am I wrong? Can someone approve that?

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Idomeneas » April 6, 2015 7:06pm | Report
This happened to me now. I was at level 17 and gold. Now after my last game I went up to level 18 but down to bronze. Last game my team won with good team work so I can't beleive I was downvoted. I figured it out that the level upgrade caused this change as I'm new at level 18. Do I have a point here?

Idomeneas
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 6, 2015 8:05pm | Report
did you get bronze after you have won the game of the same level of skilltier or did you level up?

if you level up from one skilltier to another, it's obvious that you go from gold "lower skilltier" to bronze "higher skilltier"

example:
-GOLD Pretty Good (next level will be The hotness)

-level up 1: BRONZE The hotness (next level of skilltier would be Simply Amazing)
-level up 2: SILVER The hotness
-level up 3: GOLD the hotness (very close to get to skilltier level Simply Amazing. You have to win 2-3 more matches)

-level up4 : BRONZE Simply Amazing
-and so on.

The rating system after a match for your teammates and opponents shoult NOT affect the skilltier procedure.
However. It's quiet strange because someone mentioned, that after somebody had UPvoted you, you will get a notification. So far I haven't got any. Maybe because my KARMA level is already at max (level 20 and 24+karma bonus).
Hence I think that the personally rating system is dedicated to the KARMA system and not attached to the skilltier system.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Doomlord » April 7, 2015 3:35am | Report
I don't know what region you are in, but so far all of the games I have played in the EU region have been fairly upvoted/downvoted. e.g. My friend abandoned a match as they had Kraken and we only had 2 turrets.Even I downvoted him. The next day, he said that he went back down to Karma Level 7. So personally, I think that abusers are pathetic sore losers, or just straight up rage quitters.

Doomlord
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved