Vainglory Forums

Tier 2 or stright to Tier 3?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Is it better to build T2 items or go straight for your first T3 item?
Yes, because...
No, because...
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » December 31, 2014 9:39am | Report
I know it's all situational, but do you guys feel it's better to try and get most of the tier 2 items in your build or just go straight for your first tier 3 item.

Example: A Ringo building a Tension Bow before he even buys anything else (besides for some Halcyon Potion). Alternatively, he could go for Six Sins, Piercing Spear, Eclipse Prism, and Blazing Salvo to eventually build a Tension Bow and an Alternating Current.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by AboveAverage » December 31, 2014 10:14am | Report
If there are two people laning, then buy tier two along with tier three, but still don't leave lane too often. But if you're jungling, tier two.
IGN: AboveAverage / BelowAverage (Smurf)
Region: North America
Mains: Ringo
Skill Tier: Above Average ?
Karma Level: 12

AboveAverage
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 31, 2014 6:50pm | Report
I always go straight for Tier 3 when I'm building Tension bow or Frostburn. That few extra 500-600 gold you would use to build Tier 2 would have more utility if you finished it straight to Tier 3.

Besides, if you're jungling, you need space for potions and mines. Clogging up your inventory with Tier 2 items will cost you map awareness.

The only time I would stop at tier 2 in the meantime is with Void Battery or Stormbanner.
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » December 31, 2014 7:11pm | Report
i will buy tier one items, just two or three. otherwise i strictly buy tier 3 afterwards. i just don't find i need or have the time to worry about going through all three.
Stay Frosty

sasquatch

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved