Vainglory Forums

Update Suggestions 😇

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rams92 » June 8, 2015 6:12pm | Report
Hi all just creating a thread for your update suggestions 1.5+

I'm an avid player and think these could help the game quite a bit.

Firstly I recommend in the heroes description bit you can create your own recommended purchase so you don't have to waste time looking around the items page. (Unless you want to keep the item shop by the kraken competitive?) This could be something unlocked with glory or ice for each character.

Secondly, I'm sure this is probably in the works but how about having the bots purchase items based on their recommended. Don't imagine this would be hard but what do I know 😂.

Gold boost, increased turret speed/damage or health and more damage to monsters for teams with AFK players.

Messaging while friend is in a match?

Separate chat app for use in game, perhaps support audio and video too, considering teams are only three.

Angry face for lag spikes lol (I know it can be abused.. Lol)

Best play clip at end of match?

Triple double kill sound effects (maybe assists too)

Royal rumble type match on much bigger map with no lanes free for all death match?

So there's a list of suggestions, feel free to add any or tell me what you like or don't like.

Thanks guys happy hunting 😁
Krul
Simply Amazing soon to be Vainglorious.
Team GB

I can feel a nerf coming...

Rams92
Quote | PM | +Rep by Malgus23 » June 12, 2015 9:03am | Report
I can totally see buffs given to those with an AFK teammate. Good idea!

Malgus23
<Editor>
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Behrorz » June 13, 2015 1:27am | Report
Just some background first: I've been playing Vainglory for a week. I am new to MOBA's but am getting the hang of it. As a new player, I managed to started out strong (or lucky) and got all the way to pretty decent (or was it . It The week I was playing, most of my teams were me on Koska, and often Ringo and Krul. This worked well sometimes but then I started running into enemy teams that were well co-ordinated, and had purchased characters that were not available on free (SAW, Celeste, Fortress and Taka). And A LOT of AFKs. I slipped waaaay down the rankings and once I got down lower I kept having people who would run to there death, or even had a Glaive laneing with a Ringo jungling and STILL got matched with strong teams. WTF. I got to 40 wins, but was stuck in working on it gave up an made a new account. Now I'm in not bad 14 wins in.

My point is that:

1. I feel like this is an example of a matchmaking problem. As a new player, if there wasn't a good carry I couldn't contribute well. Got really unlucky up against teams with good strategy. The fact I couldn't improve and was usually matched with weak teams got me stuck, and I was rarely on the team with the carry / advanced units.

2. I think matches with AFKs should have reduced EOL loss.

3. I gave up 4000 glory on the old account. It would be nice if there was a grace period where newbies can get one restart (back to ask later, clear losses) once they have some skills.

4. Have the option of an advanced practice AI that occasionally tries to retake minion mines. Have Catherine roam and let them invade the player jungle. Have the junglers ignore you less often. Have practice Ringo kite better and snipe / pursue intelligently.

5. Make the item / ability buttons more responsive for iPhone users. Have an alternate button layout for those of us trying to play with thumbs.

6. Jungling practice tutorial or video, with an explanation of the importance of Ironguard contract strategy.

7. Scout mine strategy tutorial video.

8. Unranked practice matches. (This was someones suggestion on Reddit, but I agree.

9. Video explaining proper ping use, meanings and etiquette. (I didn't get the difference between the green, blue and white pings at first).

The game is great and I look forward to new updates!

Behrorz
Quote | PM | +Rep by DPMC3 » June 13, 2015 8:34pm | Report
My suggestion for the next update on vainglory coming from experience is that...

1.) Since the lock-in part of the match has 90 seconds to give us to lock in a hero..make us have a chatbox so that we can decide on which hero to lock in. Im sure high ranked players are having problems deciding on which hero is best to partner with that other hero.

2.) Add new in game icons or words like "LAG" so that we can communicate and reduce ping spamming

3.)add a new chatbox for our allies and enemies alltogether so we can talk trash and brag or be humble and say "GL Buds!" (after the lock-in process)

4.) New Skin Names- I get tired seeing all the same names on a skin. Like Shogun Ringo Tier 3 (upcoming) I was thinking a name like Scorch Maestro Ringo. Or like Avenger Ardan cause all the skin names when they progress to tier2-3 skins are just irrelevant and less cool (btw love that ardan tier 2 skin).

5.) Adding Punch Lines?- If people loves to hear music from the game, why not add punch lines? In your profile page their would be an option "add punch line" and what that do you type that line like "Cant touch me bro" and what that do. Whenever you kill someone they will see that punch line and even hears it and the one who speaks that punch line is the hero that the killer is using.

6.) Add a new feature like "every time you get a 3rd win for the next 7 days, you will get 50 or 100 ICE"

7.) Rare cards are really rare and I think most of the younger people here cant afford ICE, So I would want the rare cards for each skin to be 4/4 not 8/8 and Epic to be 2/2 and Legendary to be 1/1. Im sure I will take a year to get a tier 1 skin because it is random.

Peace Out hopefully the devs will see this!

DPMC3 SEA Server
Tier 7 Hotness-Silver
Main: Ardan/Krul

DPMC3
Quote | PM | +Rep by DPMC3 » June 13, 2015 8:34pm | Report
My suggestion for the next update on vainglory coming from experience is that...

1.) Since the lock-in part of the match has 90 seconds to give us to lock in a hero..make us have a chatbox so that we can decide on which hero to lock in. Im sure high ranked players are having problems deciding on which hero is best to partner with that other hero.

2.) Add new in game icons or words like "LAG" so that we can communicate and reduce ping spamming

3.)add a new chatbox for our allies and enemies alltogether so we can talk trash and brag or be humble and say "GL Buds!" (after the lock-in process)

4.) New Skin Names- I get tired seeing all the same names on a skin. Like Shogun Ringo Tier 3 (upcoming) I was thinking a name like Scorch Maestro Ringo. Or like Avenger Ardan cause all the skin names when they progress to tier2-3 skins are just irrelevant and less cool (btw love that ardan tier 2 skin).

5.) Adding Punch Lines?- If people loves to hear music from the game, why not add punch lines? In your profile page their would be an option "add punch line" and what that do you type that line like "Cant touch me bro" and what that do. Whenever you kill someone they will see that punch line and even hears it and the one who speaks that punch line is the hero that the killer is using.

6.) Add a new feature like "every time you get a 3rd win for the next 7 days, you will get 50 or 100 ICE"

7.) Rare cards are really rare and I think most of the younger people here cant afford ICE, So I would want the rare cards for each skin to be 4/4 not 8/8 and Epic to be 2/2 and Legendary to be 1/1. Im sure I will take a year to get a tier 1 skin because it is random.

Peace Out hopefully the devs will see this!

DPMC3 SEA Server
Tier 7 Hotness-Silver
Main: Ardan/Krul

DPMC3
Quote | PM | +Rep by Sashu » June 13, 2015 11:53pm | Report
A few update suggestions ::
- heroes are overpriced, through both ice and glory. Heros should be cheap. Players should have access to the game the most. Heros are overpriced.
- skins need not be free. I come from a tf2 background, dota background. Where heros, weapons are absolutely free. There is no compromise on gameplay. While skins neeed crates that come from keys, that can only be bought. Thats a pretty nice system and i assure you tons of people buy keys
- so please reduce the cost of heros, i have 260 wins so maybe about 500 games, and i still need to unlock 6 more heros, have not ever played ardan, fortress rarely adagio, saw, vox (vox has been in the free hero rotation only once) , .
-I really like the ranked vs casual queue idea, i think it will encourage people to try out new heroes since now doing that means falling a few ranks.
-skins can be priced more or can only be bought, and thats fine since someone who spent ~100 games is gonna want a skin for his favourite hero. Now though we all are stuck to spend our ice and glory on heros .

I hope SEMC sees this and does some changes. I like this game quite a lot. Though i feel the old heros abilities, can be reworked to make them a little more interesting. (Koshkas 2 abilities are strong but boring- basically 2 basic attacks, ringo too, strong basic attack+ speed basic attacks, etc)Thats probably because i like the feel of Dota. We also need more junglers, in the 16 heroes, half are laners, and theres only 1, lane.

Finally ithe selling of ice should be reworked. Most heros are 780 or 900 ice. So i buy 1300 ice and i get one of those heros. What do i do with the remaining of my ice. Even skins are 900 ice. Sell ice as bundles of 900 or 780 as right now theres just so much of wastage of ice I right now have 520 ice just sitting on my account doing nothing, lol (i never really won ice on the dev streams :().

Sashu
Quote | PM | +Rep by DPMC3 » June 14, 2015 7:35am | Report
I'm fine with skin system...but they really need to lower down the rare, epic, legendary cards. I mean rare cards 8/8 and u hardly ever see them? Fix that pls lol. I would want it to be 4/4, epic is 2/2 and legendary is 1/1. And besides...we can buy cards with glory pretty soon, so better save up some glory and don't continue to buy heroes

DPMC3
Quote | PM | +Rep by LordSkyBreaker » June 14, 2015 6:04pm | Report
I honestly would like to see a mechanic that makes a teammate's icon flash when they are heading back to base. Saves time in regards to having to use icons to signal intentions.
I am power made flesh.

LordSkyBreaker
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by AlphaRock » June 15, 2015 8:55pm | Report
I see what you people are saying. I think that the VainGlory devs made the Heros so expensive is so we get used to using a type of fighter before we use more harder ones like lets say - Scaarf -. The game is supposed to last a long time anyways -_-

AlphaRock
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mrhades » June 16, 2015 1:35pm | Report
Simple things like improved stats and broken down for career & for that month

Games won / Games lost
Total Kills / Total deaths / total assists / kill for death ratio
Best character
Best scoreline

Mrhades
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved