Vainglory Forums

User Recommendations

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

1:Option to boot players who stand still for too long
Yes
No
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 13, 2014 3:02pm | Report
1: I have waited and completed matches where I lost which loss I attribute to inactive players beginning matches never to finish thm or even move after the game begins. It's quite a nuisance.

I have other recommendations but this forum doesn't offer multiple polls for a single thread.

2: vocal communication
This I think would help a lot more than simply telling players where I'm going and or where to avoid (without being able to explain why) or telling players where I'm going (but not telling team mates why I'm going there. This could be the game that raises the standard of competitive gaming on th iOS. And this contribution could help take us there.

3: additional heroes
I haven't played all heroes and quite sadly I can't even name my favorite.... But I cam describe him. He's the bluish man who levitates. Adding additional characters with different attributes and skill sets would add to the height of the skill curve of the game. Requiring players through voice communication (which I already suggested) to tactically choose their teams.

4: Different maps
Adding different maps with multiple jungles and lanes would require players to consider multiple strategies and tactics instead of just running through the same map hoping the other teammates (if they're even playing) know what they mean when they say to avoid their own bases mine.
Perhaps adding a turret in the jungle could change things up... Maybe most turrets in the jungle and one on the main lane?

5: boss health

Can't count how many times my team were one hit away from recruiting a kraken only for the enemy to make one hit on him to acquire him. This is a terrible aspect of the game that I loathe and has occurred to me numerous times and I doubt it hasn't occurred to many others. How about after a team begins damaging a kraken the enemy team must "give the Kraken health" as it were by reducing the damage added to him from opponents by "attacking the kraken" if that makes sense.

More recommendations to come
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Deltavortex » December 13, 2014 3:21pm | Report
I disagree with number 5 it makes no sense to do that on a MOBA setting. While adding a numeric value to the Krakens actual health will be useful the fact that enemies can snipe him away from your team is part of the design of the game. It's up to you to figure out ways to avoid it.

I also disagree with your number four because because the jungle is suppose to be well A JUNGLE not some base that you own but an opportunistic area to change the tides. (like how I commented on the kraken)

Overall the jungle I disagree with your ideas about the jungle but seeing numeric health values could be helpful.

In terms of the voice chat/communications I believe that there should be a few options for that.
I know among the gaming setting there are many who do not like all the cursing and expletives.
SO if there could be an OPTION for voice communications+cursing/no cursing preferences that would be cool.
I do believe they are already working on a chat system and other means of communication.

I also believe new characters are on the way so just be patient xD
IGN: Deltavortex
Region: North America
Main: Taka,Glaive
Karma Level: 13
Current wins: 100+

Deltavortex
Quote | PM | +Rep by escapevelocity » December 14, 2014 2:58pm | Report
It takes a lot of dedicated servers to support voice-coms. I heard that the devs are starting to implement chat in the hero selection room. That would help a lot. Prevents a team of all-junglers.

Also, an option to cancel a lock-in would be nice, but then again, it might affect the aesthetics of the gameplay.
IGN: escapevelocity
Region: NA
Main: Adagio
Practicing: Ringo

"And that was the last time they underestimated an Adagio."

escapevelocity
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 14, 2014 8:01pm | Report
You know how the game 'supposed' to be like because you helped develop it. That makes sense. There recommendations were geared to making it more competitive and enhancing gameplay. Not luck of draw
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » December 14, 2014 8:33pm | Report
Like Deltavortex I disagree with the jungle. Putting all turrets (except one) in the jungle basically makes the jungle the lane and the lane a useless place to get ambushed (assuming most minions go through jungle). OR, if the one enemie turret cause direct route to base turrets and vain crystal, it will be pushed immediately. I understand the lane/jungle is an opinionated switch-up and the bigger picture is new maps. To that I say yes!

I also agree that the kraken should join the team who gave last hit. And yes, many a time the enemy Koshka pounces in at last minute and claims kraken —thus making us (with full advantage) even with the enemies. And that's the point. The kraken is a wild card. It can put the offensive on the defensive. It can give a second chance. Or it can finish you off. That's the fun of it and the risk of challenging it.

I personally am against vocal communication unless a 'no curse' can be implemented. I think hot keys would work fine enough, though it wouldn't work for very complicated stragieties. It would provide more info then pings and not as hard to implement as vocal.

I'd like the option to boot afk players so they can't come in at the end and surrender for some easy glory. But what happens to even up a team after an afk is booted is another story...
NA/GoofballPunk/13/PrettyGood/Koshka&Skaarf

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 16, 2014 2:10pm | Report
Putting all turrets in a jungle except for one was only an idea to consider. There are many ways to go about map development like different minions... Minions with abilities... Different kinds of turrets and I'm confident with a creative map any idea is workable. But if you want to call it useless because it makes it a useless place to get ambushed then consider more minions coming through at that level. Or maybe I should say it adds another wild card that seems to appeal to you? You just need an mind open enough to consider break through ideas to make a remarkable contribution appreciated by the average player.

Also a boot for inactive players was a ridiculous recommendation. A reduction in karma for first time offenders and an increase in the amount of karma deduction for every offense would undoubtably prevent it more often. I just played my 4th game in a row where my team mates stop playing.

Regarding the kraken... Are you also speculating the intention of the developers in making a kraken as a luck of the draw card?

Regarding voice communication.... Do I need to mention the countless games played professionally where voice communication is included? You disagree that it won't enhance the competitiveness of the game and the joy factor? Wouldn't it not be a breakthrough in iOS gaming? Or are you speculating again that it's the developers intent to leave a grey area regarding teammate intention?
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aristophanes » December 16, 2014 6:51pm | Report
Kraken snipes are bad design, plain and simple. They take away all the coordination and effort a team puts in rendering a lot of the teamwork useless........in a team-based game.

A compromise would be that an enemy team needs to take the last 30% away from the Kraken. Something more than a single last hit. Because it is a timing issue that diminishes teamwork and increases luck.

Something needs to be done about dropping or stopping inactive.

Vocal communication will never happen because of mixed languages now. Hotkeys might happen with preset commands. The game is rated 9+ and in order to keep that (and the necessary marketshare) SEMC needs to adopt and enforce strict rules against profanity.

Aristophanes
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 16, 2014 7:33pm | Report
Aristophanes wrote:

Kraken snipes are bad design, plain and simple. They take away all the coordination and effort a team puts in rendering a lot of the teamwork useless........in a team-based game.

A compromise would be that an enemy team needs to take the last 30% away from the Kraken. Something more than a single last hit. Because it is a timing issue that diminishes teamwork and increases luck.

Something needs to be done about dropping or stopping inactive.

Vocal communication will never happen because of mixed languages now. Hotkeys might happen with preset commands. The game is rated 9+ and in order to keep that (and the necessary marketshare) SEMC needs to adopt and enforce strict rules against profanity.

The devs have specifically put that in for a strategy, and a huge turn in the game, this is why you always take the Kraken during an ace, hide in the bushes with the Kraken, or have your tankiest player near the opposing teams side so they can keep the enemy from even coming near the Kraken.

I can also assure you the devs are trying to find a way to stop afk players! They already take away a lot of the players elo if they abandon. But they cannot control every player in this game.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » December 21, 2014 9:24am | Report
Acooookiejar wrote:

Putting all turrets in a jungle except for one was only an idea to consider. There are many ways to go about map development like different minions... Minions with abilities... Different kinds of turrets and I'm confident with a creative map any idea is workable. But if you want to call it useless because it makes it a useless place to get ambushed then consider more minions coming through at that level. Or maybe I should say it adds another wild card that seems to appeal to you? You just need an mind open enough to consider break through ideas to make a remarkable contribution appreciated by the average player.

Also a boot for inactive players was a ridiculous recommendation. A reduction in karma for first time offenders and an increase in the amount of karma deduction for every offense would undoubtably prevent it more often. I just played my 4th game in a row where my team mates stop playing.

Regarding the kraken... Are you also speculating the intention of the developers in making a kraken as a luck of the draw card?

Regarding voice communication.... Do I need to mention the countless games played professionally where voice communication is included? You disagree that it won't enhance the competitiveness of the game and the joy factor? Wouldn't it not be a breakthrough in iOS gaming? Or are you speculating again that it's the developers intent to leave a grey area regarding teammate intention?

WARNING: Super long reply Acookiejar. I'd appreciate if you'd read the whole but otherwise you can use the main points.

Let's dig in!

1st off, I already reconginized that the whole picture was new maps, and I agreed. Did you really read my post? Or as soon as I disagreed with your idea did you feel personally attacked and become angered or hurt by my comment? I did say that I disagreed with your map I idea. I did use the word "useless". I used it about a part of the map, but not the map as a whole Again, I recognized the more important proposal was new maps. It's as though I hurt your feelings with my (relatively unharsh) opinions and now you turn it to anger. Please understand this is NOT a personal attack on you nor an attack at all, only reasons being stated as to why I believe not all suggestions should be implemented.
So, now you're at me making it seem as though I'm the only one who likes the Kraken as a wild card. "Or maybe I should say it adds another wild card that seems to appeal to you?" A. It wouldnt stay that way unless lots of people like the way the Kraken is now. B. Also I see that by the phrasing you are trying to make it look as though I'm greedy/selfish and don't care what others think only I like it so it stays the same. Not true: i, sharing opinions ii, refer to reason A. concerning this subject.
And now you say if I think and agree with you I'm a "average player" because you are. Brilliant try. No, really. You are now the "average player" and I am...? Why are you indirectly deciding my identity?
You are also stating, "You need a mind open enough to consider break through ideas..." So you're implying your idea is a "break through" and I don't have an open enough mind— otherwise I'd like your idea. That's not how you determine if someone has an open mind.

Main Points:

•I recognized that the main picture and big idea is new maps.
Calling a part of something useless does NOT mean the whole thing is useless (ex. "These car speakers are kinda useless cuz I don't like to listen to music or other radio stations" is the car useless? No). This applies to the map idea.

•I apologize of you felt I was personally attacking you but I was only politely stating my opinions and constructive critisicm. IMO, realizing faults and strengths in ideas and appreciating those who give feedback (negative or positive) is having an open mind, not agreeing with you on everything. Please don't take your hurt feelings out on me. :)

•(Maybe you weren't) Don't try to alienate me into another identity. I'm the average player. I play 3 matches daily except on busy days and come on the forums maybe 2-4 times a week.
Not everyone will think of everything you suggest as a "break through contribution" I certainly don't. And I don't have to. This is a place to respect others, but still share our opinions, ideas, etc. Trying to tell me I'm not the average player, I need to open up my mind and see like you, or that I need to make a "break through contribution" is not for you to say nor for us to obey. Plain as that.

Moving on! So... You changed you mind about about the option to boot afk players (which I think is your main point in this thread) as soon as I agreed about that? I guess we'll never agree on most of the points (except for the new maps XD). Did you do this to try to again attack me? Maybe not, either way I have some opinions for the new recommendation you have:
Sounds pretty good! Only thing is the permanent rise in karma loss. I believe if something such as the karma keeps rising every time you go afk is implemented, if let's say it's risen 4 times, you must play 2 matches without going afk to reset it. That's just one ratio that can be used. Though this way (or your original way) still doesn't fix the players that come on last moment to just surrender. Overall I prefer the booting option but this is good too.
"Are you also speculating the intention of the developers in making the Kraken a luck of the draw card?", NO. I never stated that was there intention. I only stated reasons to why I love it the way it is. Yes, I think they did develop it with that wild card style in mind, but, again I NEVER speculated or mentioned them as making the Kraken with that intention.
Wow you love putting words in my mouth! AGAIN, I never said that it wouldn't enhance the joy or competitiveness of the game. I also AGAIN NEVER said anything speculating on the developers. I said if it could be impletemented with a 'no curse' filter, that's fine. How they make one you got me. But I don't want it to be like Call of Duty with a bunch of people cursing up a storm or blaring their music. Yea, a mute would help, but I don't find an in voice chat to be very beneficial, personally, and would much prefer hot keys.

Main Points:

•I like the new afk preventing idea, but still prefer the boot option

•Please don't put words in my mouth claiming I've speculated the developers intentions with the Kraken and the in game voice chat. I haven't.

SUMMARY

If you didn't have time or didn't want to read my looong reply you can read these quick points.

•I recognized that the main picture and big idea is new maps.
Calling a part of something useless does NOT mean the whole thing is useless (ex. "These car speakers are kinda useless cuz I don't like to listen to music or other radio stations" is the car useless? No). This applies to the map idea

•I apologize of you felt I was personally attacking you but I was only politely stating my opinions and constructive critisicm. IMO, realizing faults and strengths in ideas and appreciating those who give feedback (negative or positive) is having an open mind, not agreeing with you on everything. Please don't take your hurt feelings out on me. :)

•(Maybe you weren't) Don't try to alienate me into another identity. I'm the average player. I play 3 matches daily except on busy days and come on the forums maybe 2-4 times a week.
Not everyone will think of everything you suggest as a "break through contribution" I certainly don't. And I don't have to. This is a place to respect others, but still share our opinions, ideas, etc. Trying to tell me I'm not the average player, I need to open up my mind and see like you, or that I need to make a "break through contribution" is not for you to say nor for us to obey. Plain as that.

•I like the new afk preventing idea, but still prefer the boot option

•Please don't put words in my mouth claiming I've speculated the developers intentions with the Kraken and the in game voice chat. I haven't.

Thanks for reading the summary or the looong reply Acookiejar! :)
NA/GoofballPunk/13/PrettyGood/Koshka&Skaarf

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 21, 2014 3:00pm | Report
I read the first 3 sentences... Then laughed and stopped. I'll read it later. Sorry
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved