Vainglory Forums

What do you guys think of Grumpjaw?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by RxyDxy » April 17, 2017 3:19am | Report
I've been spamming this hero in ranked games to a high degree of success, and I really think people should explore him more. Been getting consistently high KDAs as WP Jungler Grumpjaw, even in losing games, and I think it's not too shabby as an aggressive roamer as well. I like how the hero is really tanky, making him a monster to deal with in the early game. Almost every single ranked game I've played with him I'm dominating jungle, cos the hero is quite strong, and also probably most people haven't figured out how to counter him effectively yet (other than Atlas Pauldron). He deals good damage cos of his B skill, which also means he's good for taking towers fast. Breaking point works so well because you can rack up stacks so fast. And his ult is probably close to Phinn's hook level of game ruining hahaha. Just eat the carry and sprint/charge back to your tower or just eat the roam so he can't fountain while you're just destroying the poor carry. Everytime I indicate I want to pick him I get a thumbs down during the picking phase only to prove people wrong when I'm murdering the enemy Glaive everytime I see him muahahaha. Don't really see this being played at all, most people are still picking the stupid monkey that really isn't that strong at all or fortress/alpha.
IGN: RxyDxy
Region: SEA
Current Rank: The Hotness (Silver)
Favourite Heroes: Koshka, Rona, Flicker, Alpha

RxyDxy
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » April 18, 2017 10:29am | Report
I really like grumpjaw right now, as both a support and a jungle. I've used him in both and he gets the job done surprisingly well. As a support he is tanky and so is an incredible initiator who can secure and/or confirm kills with his ult. As a jungle all you need is to try and last hit the elder treant at the start and you can literally attempt a jungle invade right there since the combination of his passive and the healing will make him a juggernaut for the next 10 seconds. If he invades and takes over early as either a support or a jungle he can really take hold and show everyone who's boss!

My only problem with him is that he requires a certain degree of team work, which to a lot of players can be a seemingly impossible concept. I'm not hating on all new players or such, but there are a lot of people who really have trouble helping out a grumpjaw simply because he requires a degree of snowballing and running headfirst into things and quite a few people even my tier don't understand how to work with this. I'm not saying you should YOLO with grumpjaw, but he does need a certain degree of aggression, and a lot of people mistake this for an idiotic and suicidal stunt that they shouldn't follow up with.

Other than that, I personally think he should be put under "roam/jungle" as he murders both roles pretty nicely, and I really think he is going to find a good spot for everyone as they come to understand him. :)
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rockstar69 » April 26, 2017 11:47am | Report
I've found Grumpjaw to be like a 6 Stacked Cho'goth from League of Legends. Once you get some good weapon builds and health items he is invincible!
Unicorn's Blood [F***] Guild Leader
USERNAME: Rockstar69
LEVEL 28 PLAYER
JUNGLE MASTER

Rockstar69
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 27, 2017 2:43am | Report
I personally don't like Grumpjaw
He's a bit too slow and has a hard time diving turrets to secure kills and getting back out alive
But this is just personal preference
It's probably not his intended playstyle :P
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RxyDxy » May 2, 2017 9:52am | Report
Yeah granted, he's a bit slow, but in terms of diving turrets, I think he's still pretty decent because of the living armor stacks. Definitely not as good a tower diver as maybe Ozo or even Koshka, but still good enough for low commitment dives IMO.
IGN: RxyDxy
Region: SEA
Current Rank: The Hotness (Silver)
Favourite Heroes: Koshka, Rona, Flicker, Alpha

RxyDxy
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved