Vainglory Forums

What does meta mean? Or breaking the meta I've seen.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by NaytanDova » March 12, 2017 11:39am | Report
I've seen it in YouTube and heard a championship commentator say it or somebody was doing a meta build. I'm fairly new to watching VG live so I apologise for the nubbishness xD

NaytanDova
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by flameburner » March 13, 2017 10:43am | Report
the meta is basically the best heroes to play at the moment after a certain patch or balance. currently the meta is Vox, ardan, phinn, ringo, glaive, taka, kestrel, adagio, lyra. these are all super good right now. but say someone picks a hero outside of the meta, like flicker, this is outside of the usual ones. if they do really well with it, they are 'breaking the meta'

hope this helps, keep playing!

flameburner
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by flameburner » March 13, 2017 10:43am | Report
the meta is basically the best heroes to play at the moment after a certain patch or balance. currently the meta is Vox, ardan, phinn, ringo, glaive, taka, kestrel, adagio, lyra. these are all super good right now. but say someone picks a hero outside of the meta, like flicker, this is outside of the usual ones. if they do really well with it, they are 'breaking the meta'

hope this helps, keep playing!

flameburner
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » March 13, 2017 10:50am | Report
The meta is basically which heroes are the most "OP" after an update that buffs/nerfs certain heroes. Breaking the meta is when you play something that is out of the ordinary, such as playing Roam Taka and not when you play someone less often played, so Roam Flicker would not be breaking the meta.

EDIT: Items and heroes that counter the popular heroes are also included in the meta so building certain items on certain heroes would also be considered "breaking the meta." Then those become popular and the meta becomes those heroes and the stuff that counters them.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » March 13, 2017 3:57pm | Report
The meta is when a change is offering something good to a hero. There however counter meta that destroys meta heros. Also meta meens pouplar
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved