Vainglory Forums

What Team Composition do you think is the most OP team composition in Vainglory?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » August 18, 2017 5:28pm | Report
The Vaingloryfire community has been getting less active for the past few weeks, so I decided to make a thread that has a topic that everyone can talk about and share their ideas with with the rest of the community.

I personally think that Catherine+Jungle Baptiste+WP laner(Vox, Baron, Gwen, Kestrel, etc) is one of the most Overpowering Team Comps ever, because of the insane Crowd Control that Catherine and Baptiste provide. It was also showcased in NA Championships with great results.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » August 19, 2017 9:41pm | Report
Triple Taku with Max leg talent in blitz.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » August 19, 2017 10:55pm | Report
Lol, that would be insta-kill. The problem is, you can't do 3 takas in the same team, it has to be 3 different heroes and a comp that can be used in ranked(and is legal). For example, The best poke comp I think is:

Lyra+Kestrel+Gwen(example only)
The reason why I think this is the most OP team comp is because it Kestrel and WP Gwen provide one of the most insane burst damage in the game and Lyra helps them get through their weak early game and make them shine in late game with her sustain.(example only)

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » August 20, 2017 9:52pm | Report
You could do three Takas a year ago through a bug. Then I would say Kestrel, Ardan, and Vox.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » August 21, 2017 8:00am | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

Triple Taku with Max leg talent in blitz.

If only that glitch still worked...
Are you looking for a guild of people to play with?
Then join The 13th Legion!
We are a NA guild that recently went through and purged our guild of inactives, so we are looking for new recruits!

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement
We only ask that you be active at least once every 14 days and to be respectful of your fellow guild members.

To join, send me a PM on VG fire with your IGN, and I'll send you an invite in game.

Join The 13th Legion, WE HAVE COOKIES.

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » August 25, 2017 3:46pm | Report
Blissey123 wrote:

The Vaingloryfire community has been getting less active for the past few weeks, so I decided to make a thread that has a topic that everyone can talk about and share their ideas with with the rest of the community.

I personally think that Catherine+Jungle Baptiste+WP laner(Vox, Baron, Gwen, Kestrel, etc) is one of the most Overpowering Team Comps ever, because of the insane Crowd Control that Catherine and Baptiste provide. It was also showcased in NA Championships with great results.

Your comp gets melted by fortress krul combo...or by krul ardan! Baptiste gets mauled by krul...strongest comp that will be forever that cannot be defeated in gank if played well is saw wp, phinn and cp fortress....fortress buffs speed of both saw and phinn...also gives saw life steal and surge ability to kite...phinn are stuns if saw gets focused...and also strenghtens fortress and saw...and also fortress becomes even fancier because fortress barrier in ultimate! This combo cannot be defeated by anything if played welll...I used to play with 2 other guys one of them is a main saw and plays saw since forever and fortress was my main back then...38-0 win streak until we got first loss..
In fact I don't even remember how many wins we got in a row but it was like a day of full wins or something and we playd basically a lot and matches went like 15-20 min....because the amount of lane destroy this comp has is immense
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » September 1, 2017 10:54am | Report
I think carry WP Kestrel, support Cathrine, and CP Koshka is pretty good. Cathrine and Koshka's stuns allow for Kestrel to fire off a bunch of glimmershots and burst them down. Then, if they don't die but have low health, Kestrel finishes them off with her ult, then they finish the rest of the team. I play a lot of Kestrel and this team comp works pretty well for me.
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » September 2, 2017 2:20am | Report
I have to agree that the comp above is a very good team comp and works well quite often, having experience with like you have. Having insane burst damage with the best captain(currently) in vainglory with one of the most crazy crowd control abilities in the game(stun plus long silence and echo) is a huge plus. I think that the comp kind of gets countered though with the one of the most ridiculous early snowball comps in the game, petal + flicker + add a good late game weapon power laner or something and it kind of gets destroyed sadly. However, if it has a good matchup against the enemy team, I think its quite a great comp.

As for xoxoxoxoxox post, that comp that you pointed out is basically counter specific to counter certain team comps, which means that it is quite far from being the best comp in Vainglory. The reason why I chose Baptiste+Catherine+ a random WP power laner is that no matter what team comp the enemy plays against it, there is no doubt that they will have a very hard time against it. Baptiste's kit in itself is already amazing crowd control, and + Catherine, NO amount of Crucibles will be able to block the crowd control that comes from them,(that is what gabeizelle(forgot spelling)) from Cloud 9.

However of course, all comps have their weaknesses, like that comp. It the enemy uses early snowball comp with koshka or petal or any early game jungler, all of them wouldn't get to their magnificent late game, which is the main drawback of this comp.

xoxoxoxoxooxoxxo's comp can be countered if the team doesn't secure their early game lead, in which heroes that counter saw or do well against them(like Celeste) and easily take advantage of that, leaving only the foretress to do most of the damage, so it all really depends who you are facing.
Also, CP Jungle Skye with Frostburn(even though her damaged was nerfed quite a bit) gives both Saw and Foretress a very real head ache, even Phinn, as frostburn slows him down even more... Well, that is his opinion so it is up to him to decide who is the strongest for him.

The output from the Vaingloryfire community has been great so far, excited to see more.:)

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » September 2, 2017 9:02am | Report
Yeah, I have had problems with the team getting destroyed in early game.... but if they can reach their max potential, they can destroy the enemy team. Also I love it cause it's an all female team. Girl power! ;3
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » September 2, 2017 12:42pm | Report
I've noticed that CP Kestrel (jungle), WP Joule (roam), and Skaarf (lane) is a very devastating comp. I found myself playing this composition purely by accident, but I realized that the abilities synergize pretty well. Skaarf's B can set up a Kestrel's Ult or her A really well, and this combination of abilities won us several team fights. Joule can set up Kestrel's 2 abilities pretty well by using her B to stun enemies/knock them into position. With this team comp, it's really important for joule to act as an aggressive front line, body-blocking skillshots and generally acting as a captain. Since Joule is building WP in this comp, enemies can't afford to ignore her, or else their team risks taking some pretty high damage in a short period of time. Because of this, and also because Kestrel should attempt to flank enemies with her invisibility (leaving her out of the fight temporarily), Joule is a fairly common target. Your team needs to act quickly when playing Joule in this comp, or you might end up dying very quickly.

But of course, this composition is very situational, and Joule would have to build as a WP/Support hybrid in order for this to work properly. When fighting against experienced players, this composition can be easily dismantled unless Joule builds some vision and your team coordinates very well.

I wouldn't recommend trying this with random soloQ people, because you really need to know exactly where to be at what time, so random people can be kind of tricky.

Another interesting composition (which is slightly more standard) involves Skaarf and Catherine. Catherine can stun a flaming target, then Skaarf can easily drop his goop on that target, which is a very devastating combo.

Just some of my ideas.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved