Vainglory Forums

Which side to start on

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » March 19, 2015 12:40pm | Report
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell which side you'll be starting on before the game starts?

Reason I ask is because my kite skills are drastically affected when I start from left to right... I'm right handed and it's awkward to taptaptap going the other way, hah. If there is a way to tell then I'll know when to use melee char when I start on the wrong side to reduce the slight disadvantage when I range.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » March 19, 2015 4:40pm | Report
I think it's random? I do find that I start on the right side almost every time. Kind of odd.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » March 19, 2015 7:34pm | Report
I thought that it was the same all the time, especially after the new update, but it is random. I think?

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » March 19, 2015 8:49pm | Report
wyldwulf1211 wrote:

I thought that it was the same all the time, especially after the new update, but it is random. I think?

no it's not the same side. I thought there was a pattern but its random I believe. started 3x in a row on the right, then once on the left.... would be nice to know in advance which side tho

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 20, 2015 6:23am | Report
Quoted:

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell which side you'll be starting on before the game starts?

Reason I ask is because my kite skills are drastically affected when I start from left to right... I'm right handed and it's awkward to taptaptap going the other way, hah. If there is a way to tell then I'll know when to use melee char when I start on the wrong side to reduce the slight disadvantage when I range.

try holding your device with your left hand and use your right to do all the tapping will make starting on the left much easier
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Malgus23 » March 21, 2015 11:19am | Report
I pretty much am always on the right. Here is a brainstorming thing. What If depending on what heroes you have on your team you start on different sides. It is a battel and there are two distinct sides. Stormguard and techie i think. Just a thought tho.

Malgus23
<Editor>
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Malgus23 » March 21, 2015 11:19am | Report
I pretty much am always on the right. Here is a brainstorming thing. What If depending on what heroes you have on your team you start on different sides. It is a battel and there are two distinct sides. Stormguard and techie i think. Just a thought tho.

Malgus23
<Editor>
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » March 21, 2015 4:36pm | Report
Malgus23 wrote:

Why did you post this twice?
Just asking. :/

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » March 24, 2015 3:53am | Report
I thought about this too. At first I like having the left base, but now I'm use to either or.

I'm wondering if you could make choosing a side an option. Technically the game board is symmetrical; the game could just swap coordinates depending on where you want to start.

However, it would suck if it bugs out and you end up spawning on the enemy side.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 24, 2015 7:33am | Report
BlottoBrah wrote:

I thought about this too. At first I like having the left base, but now I'm use to either or.

I'm wondering if you could make choosing a side an option. Technically the game board is symmetrical; the game could just swap coordinates depending on where you want to start.

However, it would suck if it bugs out and you end up spawning on the enemy side.

no offence but i have no idea what your trying to say here
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved